XBox Live account settings changes not reflecting on child's account

Discus and support XBox Live account settings changes not reflecting on child's account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I changed my child's account settings to allow him to play online with his friends on XBox live. However, when he goes into Minecraft, he still gets a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GraceO'Halloran, Jun 19, 2020.

1. XBox Live account settings changes not reflecting on child's account

I changed my child's account settings to allow him to play online with his friends on XBox live. However, when he goes into Minecraft, he still gets a message saying that the privacy settings are not allowing online multiplayer play, and directing me back
    to the Microsoft account page to make the settings changes. I've double- and triple-checked the settings changes and they should be allowing him to play online now. Why can he not? Does it take some time for the changes to update from the MS account webpage
    to XBox Live?

:)

GraceO'Halloran, Jun 19, 2020
  2. GraceO'Halloran Win User

Thanks Christyna. I just checked the settings on the XBox and they match what I changed on the browser. Still not working though. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Grace.
  3. SkyRimLegend21 Win User

I dont know why this happens, if i ever become a father I'd just have my kid play Nintendo, it has a way more simple child account set up
  4. Christyna64 Win User

Do you use any Xbox apps for mobile, or PC. Sometimes privacy settings to be changed on all devices and apps to remain consistent for some games and apps. I see you mention adjusting the privacy setting from a browser. Are you checking to see if the settings
    are the same on the console your child is using? There are a couple of small differences between changing them on a console and a browser. Check both to be sure they are consistent.
  5. TaranCaffarella1 Win User

Can't change privacy settings

I know for sure it isn't a child/minor account since I can add friends on xbox which a child account wouldn't be able to do unless the parent had changed the settings to allow that, not to mention I made this account pretty recently, and I am over 13 and set the date of birth to reflect that.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Rodina menit vek [Translate] Family vary age

Once you register an xbox live account as a child account you can't change it. The parental account can change privacy settings of the child account though.
Thema:

1. XBox Live account settings changes not reflecting on child's account - Similar Threads - Live account settings

2. My Xbox live account settings keep resetting

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox live account settings keep resetting: Whenever I change my privacy and online safety settings to allow, it resets everything back to block/friends. I don't have an Xbox so I do all this on a laptop. 5a7bb25e-a22a-4acd-95ec-5e0ac9bd682c
  3. Unable to Change Xbox Live Account Settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Change Xbox Live Account Settings: I’m trying to change some settings in my Xbox live account but it’s not working. I signed into my Microsoft account associated with it but when I go to...
  4. why is my xbox live acc asking me to verify my age???? and why is my xbox account set to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is my xbox live acc asking me to verify my age???? and why is my xbox account set to...: Greetings from Finland for some reason my xbox account is set to South Korea? and its asking me to verify my age on xbox 360? (yes i still use Xbox 360) i didn't set my xbox account to south...
  5. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me: Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.) They live with their other parent....
  6. having difficulty setting up an xbox live account on 360 in 2021

in XBoX on Consoles
    having difficulty setting up an xbox live account on 360 in 2021: Hi everyone Im trying to set up an xbox live account on my xbox 360, but when it asks for a first name it gives me an invalid message. I've even tried just typing random letters and numbers at...
  7. Can't change the privacy settings for my xbox live account. (Minecraft Realms)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change the privacy settings for my xbox live account. (Minecraft Realms): I've tried to buy Minecraft Realms but it says I have to go change my privacy settings on the xbox/microsoft website. There is actually no way to change the privacy settings to my account, My...
  8. Not able to change my Xbox Live account "privacy and online safety" settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not able to change my Xbox Live account "privacy and online safety" settings: Since April, I've been trying to change the privacy and online safety setting on my xbox live account that lets me add friends. I do not have an xbox, but I do have some PC games I would like to...
  9. "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set...: My kids are unable to play on Minecraft servers on their iPads, they get the above error. c29669fe-fc3c-4b85-892f-d586172fa15e
  10. trying to set up xbox live account for child

in XBoX Accessibility
    trying to set up xbox live account for child: Anyone able to advise how to actually authorise my child to sign up for an Xbox Live account? They have a Microsoft account, have gone to the ChildAccountCreation page, put in my email. I have...