Xbox Live back compatibility sign out issue

Discus and support Xbox Live back compatibility sign out issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox now kicks me out of my 360 account on any back compat game I try to play. This started yesterday randomly. I have tried hard resetting,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XiiX ToM XiiX, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Xbox Live back compatibility sign out issue

Hi, My Xbox now kicks me out of my 360 account on any back compat game I try to play. This started yesterday randomly. I have tried hard resetting, removing/re adding the account and clearing all 360 saves and data from my Xbox One. I have the Game Pass
    Ultimate so gold isn't the problem. This affects any back compat game such as the games I purchased and the games I got ultimate for. Not sure what do about it.

This is the error message I get if I attempt to sign back in.
    Xbox Live back compatibility sign out issue [​IMG]

:)

XiiX ToM XiiX, Sep 24, 2019
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Has this just started happening?

Have you changed anything recently? Gamertag? password?

If you have changed the GT and or your password is longer than 16 characters it will require you to either change your password to something less than 16 characters or redownload your profile through the 360 emulator to do that follow these steps.

1. Load any backwards compatible game.

2. Once loaded hit the start and select buttons (small round buttons on either side of the big xbox button on the controller) at the same time this will bring up the 360 guide on this page it will show you a choice to download profile. click on that and
    that will ask for your email and password once entered this should download your profile and fix your issue.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Can you try
    the steps on this page?
    Removing the storage for Xbox 360 on your console might help (different from removing and re-adding account).

Do you have two-factor authentication turned on for your account?

Have you been able to play any backwards compatible title, or is it saying this for all 360 back compat games?
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance
    and create a new thread. We will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. XiiX ToM XiiX Win User

Cheers mate, aye it was the GT change that must of caused it. Seems to be working now.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues

Hello Burrowsf2005,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your friend is unable to play Xbox 360 backwards compatible games because he is unable to sign in and connect to Xbox Live. This is a known issue. This issue has been occurring for several
    days now. The
    Xbox Support Team on Twitter
    have been made aware of this issue, and are working diligently to fix it. There have not been any updates on this issue at the moment. We suggest keeping an eye on the Twitter feed to find out when the issue will be resolved
    completely. At the moment, we are recommending that people sign out and in to their account on the Xbox One home screen. Once you have signed out and signed back in on the Xbox One home screen, try launching the backwards compatible game. You can repeat this
    process until your profile is able to sign in to the backwards compatible menu. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Xbox Live back compatibility sign out issue - Similar Threads - Live compatibility sign

2. Can't connect to Xbox Live through the Xbox 360 Dashboard in Backwards Compatibility games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to Xbox Live through the Xbox 360 Dashboard in Backwards Compatibility games.: Hello. I'm having a serious problem with Backwards Compatibility titles on the Xbox One, not being able to connect to Xbox Live even though my Xbox One is connected without any issue. At first,...
  3. Xbox live profile not signing in for backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live profile not signing in for backwards compatibility: Ok so ever since i changed my gamertag i am unable to play backwards compatability games, i can sign in and play xbox one games but when i launch a xbox 360 game, when it asks me to sign in, there...
  4. No backwards compatibility games connect to Xbox Live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No backwards compatibility games connect to Xbox Live.: Hi, if anyone can help me with this problem that'd greatly be appreciated and I'd send you $5. No matter what I try, not a single Xbox 360 game can connect to xbox live. Regular xbox one games...
  5. Xbox backwards compatibility with problems connecting to Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox backwards compatibility with problems connecting to Live: So for what i can Google I'm not the only one having this issue... On 2 machines a Xbox One S and an X, one day randomly my 360 "emulated" games no longer were able to connect to Xbox Live (...
  6. Backward compatibility of xbox live with problems.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backward compatibility of xbox live with problems.: Anyone can help me please? I have a problem installing the game "Portal: Still Alive" from xbox live gold, I click on "see price" and then "continue" and the message "Sorry, you can not make this...
  7. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games: As the title says every backwards compatible game I play can't connect to xbox live, I checked the xbox support twitter 2 days ago and it said there were issues but there's been no word since then...
  8. Trouble connecting to xbox live when on a backwards compatible game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting to xbox live when on a backwards compatible game: The problem I'm having is when I try to log into Xbox live on a backwards compatible game. I have tried to connect many times but, it keeps saying can't connect to Xbox live....
  9. Xbox 360 and Backwards Compatible won't sign into Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 and Backwards Compatible won't sign into Live: I'm trying to play a game and the system won't connect to live. I'll start a game up, have to manually sign it (which takes FOREVER to finally do) then it won't connect to Live. I've hard reset...
  10. Unable to sign in to Xbox Live on backwards compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign in to Xbox Live on backwards compatible games: Hello. I've recently been able to play COD: Black Ops II using my Xbox One console. The game will now load, but my Xbox 360 profile will not load Xbox Live. My Xbox One is completely able to...