Xbox live changing gamer tag.

Discus and support Xbox live changing gamer tag. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way that I can change my gamertag to Tyas. the name is already in use but the account has been inactive for over a year. Is there anyway... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tyasallstar24, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Xbox live changing gamer tag.

Is there a way that I can change my gamertag to Tyas. the name is already in use but the account has been inactive for over a year. Is there anyway that account can be deleted so I can change mine to it. Thanks.

:)

Tyasallstar24, Mar 8, 2015
  2. tidalsnow
    tidalsnow Guest
    Help with changing gamer tag

i want to change my gt to TidalSnow but someone else has already got it and I don't want to replace one of the letters with numbers so if someone could suggest how I change it up a bit to use it that'd be great.

I've tried it with a space between as Tidal Snow but someone's got that too.

tidalsnow, Mar 8, 2015
  3. tidalsnow
    tidalsnow Guest
    Help with changing gamer tag

i want to change my gt to TidalSnow but someone else has already got it and I don't want to replace one of the letters with numbers so if someone could suggest how I change it up a bit to use it that'd be great.

I've tried it with a space between as Tidal Snow but someone's got that too.

tidalsnow, Mar 8, 2015
  4. Xbox live changing gamer tag.

Hi there,

Unfortunately if the tag is in use (whether active or inactive), it cannot be used by another user, nor can it be requested to be released.

Gamertags are used by a number of Microsoft services so even if you don't see activity on a console, it could be in use some other way.

Sorry, wish I had more.

Mistress Sara, Mar 8, 2015
  5. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Change the Username witch is allready in use help

Hello there oOI BUMBUM IOo When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership,
    you will not be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you
    enter is already taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those
    Additional services like gfwl.
  6. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag

Smwutches Is Correct, The Only Way Your Going To Have Access To A "Gamer Tag" That Has Already Been Taken Is If That The "Gamer Tag" Was Changed By The Owner Of The Current Gamer-tag Or If Xbox Live Forced The Gamer-Tag To Be Changed If It Violated The Code
    Of Conduct In Some Form Or Way, Sorry Mate, You Are Going To Have To Find Another Gamer-Tag Or Be Creative, For Example, "Gengar Man" And So On.
  7. TheLandNarwhal Win User

one microsoft account with my gamer tag, another account for my windows 8.1. link them?

Also, i cant delete the gamer tag that is on THIS email adress if that makes a difference. Ideally id just delete this xbox live gamer tag and then change the email from my real account to this email. but I also cant find a way to delete a gamer tag/xbox
    live account
  8. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag Recycling

Hello there Plumpy Platypus When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership, you will not
    be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you enter is already
    taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those Additional services
    like gfwl.

The short short short version, No. As previously stated, you are prompted to try another gamer tag.
    Sorry, ^_^
  9. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag change help

Hello There,

IK IR Y IP T When An Xbox Live Member Chooses An Xbox Gamer-Tag, They Have The Full Rights To Keep That Gamer-Tag Even Know If They Have Been Inactive For Years Along With No Gamer-Score & No Gold Membership, You Will Not Be Able To Request
    For The Gamer-tag To Be Forced Changed. The Owner Of The Gamer-Tag Must Change It Himself Or When a forced gamertag change is imposed due to the Gamer-Tag Violated The Code Of Conduct In Any Sort Of Way, If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you are
    prompted to try another gamertag.
    Note Gamer-Tags are also tied to services like zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. If you try sending the Gamer-tag you want a friend
    request and it says it’s not a valid Gamer-tag that just means it isn’t used on xbox live, but it could be used for zune or gfwl.

One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your Gamer-Tag unique. For example, “”, “PR1NCEDARKNESS”, and “” They Are All The Same Gamer-Tags.
Thema:

Xbox live changing gamer tag.

1. Xbox live changing gamer tag. - Similar Threads - live changing gamer

2. Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada: I'm trying to change my gamer tag and pay the 9.99 but it wants me to update my address and wont allow me to select canada as my country. 4cbdfa19-833c-489a-816c-0ee85e1fd2c6
  3. I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes: I have had the same tag for 8 years. A few months ago I tried to remotely move my Xbox tag, etc to my grandson's Xbox so I could play there. It ended up giving me another tag. Now I go to Xbox...
  4. Xbox live pc gamer tag change problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox live pc gamer tag change problem: I've been trying to change my gamertag yesterday and today, today i almost succeeded but it is still saying Error occured. I got so far that i was about to pay the 10 euros, but i wanted to...
  5. Why did I upload my Xbox Live gamer icon over and over again but couldn't change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I upload my Xbox Live gamer icon over and over again but couldn't change it: Why did I upload my Xbox Live gamer icon over and over again but couldn't change it many times? Are you regulated by individual? If so, why don't you describe the reason?...
  6. I can't connect to Xbox live after gamer tag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to Xbox live after gamer tag change: Hi, I recently spent 10 dollars to change my gamertag and ever since I have not been able to connect to Xbox live on 360 games. It recognizes my 360 as my old gamertag. Any recommendations would...
  7. Xbox live gamer tag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gamer tag change: My xbox live gamertag is getting a lot of hate from friends and strangers in real life and online. I noticed it is also violating the terms of service because it includes my real name. I would...
  8. Xbox live gamer tag forced change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gamer tag forced change: An Xbox live friend of mine has had his gamer tag forcibly changed twice in the past month. He's had the same one forsaking as I've known him (maybe like5 years) and it hasn't been a problem until...
  9. i can connect to xbox live on the one but none of the things like (1.i cant change my gamer ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i can connect to xbox live on the one but none of the things like (1.i cant change my gamer ...: i can connect to xbox live on the one but none of the things like (1.i cant change my gamer pic (2.i cant look at the active feed(3.i cant change my xbox background /theme?????...
  10. changeing xbox live off my gamer profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    changeing xbox live off my gamer profile: ok i have an old profile with all my saved games on it i gave it to my son with the old xbox live account. now i have a new xbox live account and want to put that on my old profile on my 360. how...