XBox Live disconnecting constantly from 360

Discus and support XBox Live disconnecting constantly from 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys I’m having an Xbox issue I hope somebody can help me with. I have tried my local technology stores but their solutions have not worked. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichelleJenkins1, Feb 23, 2019.

1. XBox Live disconnecting constantly from 360

Hey guys I’m having an Xbox issue I hope somebody can help me with. I have tried my local technology stores but their solutions have not worked.

I play on an Xbox One in the house and my husband watches YouTube on an Xbox 360 in the man cave. Every time I turn my Xbox One on his Xbox 360 signs him out and he can’t reconnect.

At first I thought this was an issue with our profiles (because I had used my profile on his Xbox 360 years ago) so I deleted my profile so it wouldn’t get confused but it didn’t solve the problem.

Then I reset the Xbox 360 and removed all profiles and created a new profile for my husband. That didn’t solve the problem.

I bought him a new Xbox 360 (well refurbished) with only one profile on it and that didn’t solve the problem.

Then I assumed it must’ve been an Internet issue because the man cave may be too far away from the Wi-Fi. So I bought a Wi-Fi booster but that didn’t solve the issue. We tried connecting his 360 to mobile rather than the wifi to no avail...so it isn't an
    internet issue.

Why would his Xbox 360 be signing him out whenever I turn my Xbox on? He is only watching YouTube! What does YouTube have to do with Xbox profiles?

We tried clearing the cache and removing then downloading his profile onto his 360 and that didn't work either.

His profile has never signed into my One and my profile has never signed into his 360 so why is this happening?

Last night we brought his 360 into the same room as my One so I could watch what was happening and sure enough - he can watch Youtube until his heart is content ... UNTIL I sign onto mine!

Finally, while I was checking the settings on his 360 it actually signed him out. Why is his xbox continually signing him out when I am on my One?

:)

MichelleJenkins1, Feb 23, 2019
  2. MichelleJenkins1 Win User

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I will try those 3 links when I get home. But I am not going to do another factory reset - this has not helped in the past.

If I can't resolve this issue - I will throw away the 360 and buy Apple TV for my husband instead. This is just too much of a hassle and we are not tech-savvy people.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Constantly disconnecting from Xbox Live on 360

I have a feeling that you may need to configure some ports on your modem/gateway/router to help open up your connection to XBL and prevent random disconnects and general lag. Have you ever done that yet?

Unfortunately, in order to do so, this will require full access to your networking hardware, and you will need the proper access privileges to adjust the settings.

Source:
    support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

Hope this helps!
  4. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear the issue is still persisting. Is the Xbox One console a recent new addition you guys have made? Or you've had the Xbox one for a while? If you had the Xbox one for a while as well as your Xbox 360 when did
    the issues start exactly? Now, since you do mention each time you use your Xbox One console it kicks him out of the Xbox 360. It could actually also be the router, due to the fact that not all routers can support multiple consoles. You could determine if
    your router supports multiple consoles by checking the router's information manual.
    (if you don't have the information available we could always try to help assist finding the information if you can provide to us your Routers make and model.)

Hope to hear back soon to further assist.
  5. MichelleJenkins1 Win User

Hello. I reset the network and now I am getting this error
    [​IMG]
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

That alert could be just a service issue is it still kicking him off when you start up the One?
Thema:

1. XBox Live disconnecting constantly from 360 - Similar Threads - Live disconnecting constantly

2. constant disconnection from xbox live on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    constant disconnection from xbox live on xbox: when I am playing it is constantly disconnecting me from the game and coming up with an error message stating "you will need a network connection to add a account" I do I stop this from happening...
  3. Constantly disconnecting from Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constantly disconnecting from Xbox Live: My brothers account disconnects from the internet every hour or so. Every time it happens he gets kicked out of his game and we have to restart the console. It happens on my xbox AND on his xbox...
  4. Xbox One BC constantly disconnects from Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One BC constantly disconnects from Xbox Live: I've been trying to play multiplayer games with friends using BC, but Live keeps on disconnecting so frequently that it's starting to not even be worth the trouble. There are 3 games that I'm...
  5. Backwards compatible games constantly disconnecting from Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible games constantly disconnecting from Xbox live: When playing backwards compatible games on xbox one it is constantly signing out and disconnecting from Xbox Live. It comes up with a message saying sign in status has changed even though nothing...
  6. Xbox live constant disconnect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live constant disconnect: Hi can some one help me. I keep getting disconnected from xbox live when im watching a movie or playing a game or just simply trying to edit profile. Please help c8a8f215-1c38-4efe-a11e-1bd861f14e29
  7. Xbox One - Call of Duty Black Ops 2 | Constant Xbox Live Disconnection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Call of Duty Black Ops 2 | Constant Xbox Live Disconnection: I purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on the Xbox One Digital Store. I downloaded successfully. After I installed it, I booted it up and started to play Campaign since it has been so long since I...
  8. Xbox One live constantly lagging/disconnecting/terrible connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One live constantly lagging/disconnecting/terrible connection: Hi i need some help. My xbox live is constantly lagging and displaying horrible connection. Firstly, i tried many steps to fix the problem and none worked so that is why im posting. Im using a...
  9. Xbox Live constantly disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live constantly disconnecting randomly: A few months ago, my Xbox One started disconnecting randomly from XBL. It'd be at random intervals, sometimes 15 minutes between, other times hours. This problem persisted even still after moving...
  10. Constantly Disconnected from Multiplayer Matches (but still connected to Xbox Live)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constantly Disconnected from Multiplayer Matches (but still connected to Xbox Live): This problem has occurred while playing Rainbow 6 & Overwatch. I start a multiplayer match. Then, every 1-3 games, I get kicked back to the starting screen of the game. On R6, I get kicked...