Xbox live disconnects periodically Nat type is moderate with a UPnP message

Discus and support Xbox live disconnects periodically Nat type is moderate with a UPnP message in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi if anyone can help me for the past 2 or 3 weeks my xbox live will disconnect from time to time on my xbox one, I checked my network settings and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrandonLotter, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Xbox live disconnects periodically Nat type is moderate with a UPnP message

Hi if anyone can help me for the past 2 or 3 weeks my xbox live will disconnect from time to time on my xbox one, I checked my network settings and it gives me a moderate NAT type With a "UPnP unsuccessful" message. Im assuming that this is whats causing
    it but i cant be sure, i have rebooted my router and modem and power cycled my console nothing has changed it, i cant really confirm if its working unless i play in a party on a multiplayer game that when it seems to happen most, games like overwatch and smite
    when i play with my friends and less often when im not but it still occurs, it varies when it goes off sometimes it will be 3 hours sometimes 30 min intervals. I have also turned off UPnP on my router and turned it back on while resetting it. I then proceeded
    to do port forwarding i made all the required 7 ports and activated them, made an ip address on my xbox with all the necessary info, it connects to xbox live fine but gives me the same error message and the same results while playing ( getting kicked off xb
    live) i still have party chat but its evident xbox live disconnects ( says connect to xbox live with warning symbol). im not sure what to do im lost my brother has an xbox in the same house an he also gets the same issue( he has xbox 1S i have the original).
    Any help would be appreciated i tried to give as much info as i can.

:)

BrandonLotter, Nov 23, 2019
  2. BrandonLotter Win User

Not sure how to do a DMZ on my router but im worried as to how the settings i make will affect everyone else on the line.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Could you link this post so i can read up on it from my understanding of mac addresses they never clear automatically as they are tied to the network chip wireless or nic thats why there are 2 for an xbox. Unless this is a new feature there would
    be no need to auto clear but would explain some problems ive had personally.
    Insider blog restart from guide is faster
  5. BrandonLotter Win User

would you know if this has anything to do with gold sharing as well ie making my profile as "my home xbox" on my brothers console and also making my profile on my xbox "my home xbox"?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

...I checked my network settings and it gives me a moderate NAT type With a "UPnP unsuccessful" message.... my brother has an xbox in the same house an he also gets the same issue( he has xbox 1S i have the original)...
    Since you have two consoles, both consoles try to reserve a standard port for Xbox Live (usually 3074) via UPnP. If your brother's console goes first, they get the UPnP reservation, and your console throws the UPnP error.

To resolve that, go to the network settings and choose a custom port for Xbox Live. Choose any port besides 3074. If you want, your brother can also choose a different port than 3074 and the port you chose, if you also have a Xbox 360 console in the house.

Then enable UPnP on your router again and see if that improves the situation. If not, give both consoles a fixed IP address, and manually port forward the necessary ports to each consoles respectively.

As for the clear MAC suggestions: As long as you didn't manually change the MAC address (e.g. in order to get past a captive internet portal like those free hotel WiFi things or some campus networks), clearing the MAC address does nothing but restart your
    console.

Clearing the MAC address procedure was done by Xbox support in the past, as the console didn't have a dedicated menu option to reboot in the beginning. As long as you didn't edit the MAC address, "clearing" the MAC address does the exact same thing as holding
    the Xbox button on the controller and then choosing to restart the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox live disconnects periodically Nat type is moderate with a UPnP message - Similar Threads - live disconnects periodically

2. Disconnected from Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Disconnected from Xbox live: Okay so i'm trying to play Black Ops 2 right now but when i try to load a private match (in local or system link) or the online match's or even try to pull up my settings it ask me to sign into...
  3. Disconnect from Xbox live account - Halo Master Chief's Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disconnect from Xbox live account - Halo Master Chief's Collection: Years ago I created an outlook account under a pseudonym where I'd sign in to play my games. The recovery phone number is not in use anymore since I've moved to another country. So when I used...
  4. I keep getting disconnected from xbox live when playing xbox 360 games on my xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting disconnected from xbox live when playing xbox 360 games on my xbox one.: I'm not sure if its because I've recently changed my gamertag or something but I can't play xbox live features on xbox 360 games anymore. Can anyone help? 7397cb7b-28c3-4e43-9ddc-14fb8a76e1b6
  5. Getting signed out and disconnected from live when I play different games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting signed out and disconnected from live when I play different games.: I noticed this happened after the release of the new MW. I haven't played the game, but instead when I play red dead 2 or gta 5 I get signed out of my account and disconnected from live. The only...
  6. randomly disconnecting from xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    randomly disconnecting from xbox live: I am constantly getting disconnected from xbox live while other people in the house are on the wireless network. I talked to my ISP and they had absolutely zero clue or insight as to why this is...
  7. Xbox live disconnects when I launch a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live disconnects when I launch a game: Hi, Basically, any time I launch a game that automatically tries to connect to their online servers (which is nearly every game now), it disconnects me from xbox live. It'll then stay down for...
  8. Disconnecting from Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnecting from Xbox Live: While either watching something on Netflix, YouTube, or Amazon Video I will get automatically disconnected from Xbox Live and then have to sign in again. Same thing happens when I playing a game....
  9. Disconnected form Xbox live party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected form Xbox live party chat: Hello this issue has been persisting for that last week or so, every time i turn my xbox on i cannot connect to party chat. I get the error 0x89231906. This issue has persisted for far to long and...
  10. Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting...: Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting from IPv4 Hi GavinBurton Please try clearing your MAC Address and then restart your console Clearing...