Xbox Live downloads are slower than my connection

Discus and support Xbox Live downloads are slower than my connection in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on the Delta ring and I have a 500 Mbps download, but when I'm downloading games, the speed only gets only to ~230 Mbps, sometimes less than... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mivasi, Aug 6, 2020.

1. /u/mivasi
    /u/mivasi Guest

Hi,
    I'm on the Delta ring and I have a 500 Mbps download, but when I'm downloading games, the speed only gets only to ~230 Mbps, sometimes less than 100 Mbps. When I run speedtest in the console settings, it shows 500 down 50 up, when I run /u/mivasi
    [link] [comments]

/u/mivasi, Aug 6, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Defy Lightning Win User

Whats with all the updates? O.o

The updates have made my connection slower to be honest. My xbox runs a bit slower than before now.
  3. NxtDoc1851 Win User

Slow Xbox one OS

The OS on the Xbox One is in my experience slower than my Xbox 360. Accessing friends on the Xbox 360 mini guide compared to accessing friends on the Xbox Live servers via snap is in fact slower.
  4. AsTrOnAuTHC Win User

Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps

Internet speed is affected depending on how many devices are connected on that network at the same time, the 10 megabytes of your connection are distributed to all devices, and connections become slower. It is recommended to use a wire to connect the console,
    since it is faster than WiFi. Also sometimes game downloads are faster other times slower although the console is connected by wire.
  5. MisterFizzle Win User

Fast Internet slow download

Hi there Justin,

Sorry to hear you're having slow game downloads.

The way that Xbox Live access the internet and marketplace servers is different than how other devices access it. I know that in general downloads via Live tend to be much slower than your actual internet connection. The download speeds you're seeing are typical
    and about the same as what I experience when downloading games at home.

I'm hoping that this is something that will improve with the Xbox One so that I can get quick access to Games on Demand!
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Microsoft has to be throttling my upload speeds on Xbox One console

My Xbox One X downloads slower than the original day one console when they are hooked up exactly the same way.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live downloads are slower than my connection - Similar Threads - Live downloads are

2. Unable to play game downloaded from xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play game downloaded from xbox live: Hi I'm having 2 issues with my xbox 360. I'm unable to access the app store therefore I'm unable to download apps. Also I downloaded a game for my 360 to which im unable to play it....
  3. Error 801540A9 i can't download my xbox live profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 801540A9 i can't download my xbox live profile: I have verified my email and password and everything is correct. I get this error after choosing where I want to save my xbox live account. I have tried to login to my Microsoft account but the...
  4. Games for Windows Live won't download

in XBoX on Windows
    Games for Windows Live won't download: I've been trying to download G4WL for a while now in order to play Fallout 3 on steam. When I try to download it says that I don't have an internet connection but I do. How do I solve this? Thanks...
  5. How do I download Xbox live on to my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download Xbox live on to my Xbox: How do I download Xbox live to my Xbox 34718afc-db3c-4de0-bdb9-9c477532cd64
  6. can't download a game i already own from Xbox live store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't download a game i already own from Xbox live store.: i brought GTA5 6 years ago and the details are in my purchase history but today iv been trying to download the game from the xbox live store and it's not registering that i already own it and...
  7. Can't download Xbox360 Games on Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download Xbox360 Games on Live: Hi, I have a problem where I can't download xbox 360 games on gold as it keeps asking me to supply a payment option, even though xbox already has a payment option and even if I remove it and add...
  8. 360 issues with Live/downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 issues with Live/downloaded games: Need help please. My son has a 360 and today I signed up to Live Gold so he can play online/download games etc. I downloaded the 2 free games (MX unleashed and Red Faction 2). After waiting ages...
  9. Errors with all Xbox Live interactions - Started with a download.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Errors with all Xbox Live interactions - Started with a download.: About a week ago, I tried downloading a game on an Xbox 360. Those is not the first time I've downloaded games, but the first time it had an issue. The first time I tried to download it, it hung...
  10. Im trying to download my xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to download my xbox live account: Im trying to xbox 360 e but it keeps telling me there's a problem with my credentials And gives me the code: 801540A9 HELP any1 plss a1fd7784-118e-4bbf-8d73-34b4e25e13f1