Xbox Live Gift Card not applied correctly

Discus and support Xbox Live Gift Card not applied correctly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a $30 XBox Live Gold gift card. I have XBox Live Gold through our family account at home. When I applied the card - it just applied to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ConnorHoye, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ConnorHoye
    ConnorHoye Guest

I had a $30 XBox Live Gold gift card. I have XBox Live Gold through our family account at home. When I applied the card - it just applied to my personal account and continued to bill the family account every month. It was basically completely useless.
    Is there a way to get the $30 applied to the family account and extend our subscription?

:)

ConnorHoye, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Nick Hern Win User

You will have to simply use that $ applied on that account and future use remember to make sure you are aware of which account you are logged into at the time.
  3. Lov10sBeauty Win User

Before placing any items on an account, always make sure the correct profile is signed in. Also, the gift-card only can be redeemed in a single account
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

What ever account you were logged in with is where the card is applied to. Microsoft had a "family account plan" but ended that program over 10 years ago. Sounds like you applied the gift card to the incorrect account, that is easy to check in the account
    history.
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

اكس بوكس ذهب .. لا املك بطاقة ائتنمانية

If I understand correctly you bought a 65$ Xbox Gift card and tried to purchase Xbox Live Gold with it but it asked for your creditcard instead?

Unfortunately you can't purchase Xbox Live gold using gift card, you'll need to either buy Xbox Live Gold cards which come in 1-3-6-12 months (promotional ones can have an extra month or 2) or you'll need to purchase it using a creditcard.
  6. Nixelplex Win User

Payment and billing

Walmart Gift Cards are not an acceptable form of Payment with Microsoft.

If you are needing to purchase XBox Live Gold, Walmart sells Cards for that in store then you can redeem the code on the Xbox.

If you are wanting to use it to purchase a game, then you can purchase an Xbox Gift card from Walmart and use the code on that to apply it to your account.

Hope that Helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gift Card not applied correctly - Similar Threads - Live Gift Card

2. Xbox live charged a card but I cancelled it and i brought it with a gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live charged a card but I cancelled it and i brought it with a gift card: I had purchased a xbox $15.00 gift card from my local store and with that $15.00 i brought xbox live gold. One month goes by it becomes past due very understandable so about a week later i buy a...
  3. Availability of XBOX LIVE GOLD & XBOX GIFT CARD IN PAKISTAN

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Availability of XBOX LIVE GOLD & XBOX GIFT CARD IN PAKISTAN: Hello, I am here to raise my issue and request Xbox to resolve our problems. Basically I purchase Xbox digital codes here from local websites via credit card. Most of them are scam/fraud which...
  4. Xbox Live Gold gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold gift card: I received an Xbox live gold 12 months gift card for Christmas. I have tried multiple times to activate the gift card, and I receive a message "there is a problem on their end and to try back...
  5. Xbox Live Gift Cards on Dell

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gift Cards on Dell: Hey. It's been a long and annoying mission to get the correct support; hopefully this is it. So I gather all my dell rewards and prepare to cash out on xbox live gift cards to get an Xbox One X....
  6. Xbox live gold gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold gift card: Hi I bought a $40 xbox live gift card last night and i tried to redeem the code but doesn’t redeem . I was wondering if someone could help me ??? 3a815385-c1ef-48da-a4cf-273a6934acef
  7. Xbox live gold gift card not working after being redeemed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live gold gift card not working after being redeemed: Xbox live gold not working after being redeemed. This morning i redeemed and it said i was subscribed. Now it says im not subscribed and it says the card is redeemed. Please help....
  8. Why am I unable to redeem my Xbox Live Gold gift card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I unable to redeem my Xbox Live Gold gift card?: I've tried multiple times, got "Code not found". Contacted Sainsbury's (the shop I got the gift card from), told me to contact Microsoft. Did that, not got a reply. Can someone please help me?...
  9. Xbox Live Gift Card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gift Card: Mu son asked for a 12 month xbox live gift card for christmas. After purchasing it, his grandmother told me she had just purchased 12 months this summer. If he uses the one i just bought on top of...
  10. Xbox one live gold card gift not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one live gold card gift not working: I speak quebecois but I'd like to get support from United-States because I've bought a xbox live gold card in a EBGames in a mall in Canada, Quebec for one of my friend online so he can play...