Xbox Live Gold won't share to second console

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold won't share to second console in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have made one console the home box...I have the second completely set up. But....it won't allow live? What am I doing wrong? I have been in two... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kennedykennedy2, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Xbox Live Gold won't share to second console

I have made one console the home box...I have the second completely set up. But....it won't allow live? What am I doing wrong? I have been in two chats with no luck what so ever. I wonder if the gaming computer was a better choice after 4 hours of time
    and frustration.

Thanks for help in advance,

Very frustrated Momma

:)

kennedykennedy2, Oct 24, 2018
  2. AvalonX
    AvalonX Guest
    Xbox One: Sharing Digital Games and Gold

Looks like Microsoft has released additional info on how the Xbox One Digital sharing will work when the system launches. Little change up, but its interesting their is no mention of Xbox family share. Guess you have to be logged in at a friend's house.

Via: Xbox Wire

AvalonX, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Xbox Gold Live Account

If they're using Xbox Ones, you could have the first son set the second son's console as his Home console in order to share the gold. Otherwise, you would need to purchase a separate gold subscription for the second son.

Smwutches, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

On the 2nd console are you signed into the account that owns the gold subscription?

Smwutches, Oct 24, 2018
  5. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi Kennedy!

I'm sorry to hear that. Now, is the console that was made the
    Home Xbox
    the one where you're trying to use the Xbox Live from? And what exactly does it say or do when trying to use the features ?

Hope to hear back soon!

XBF Leslie D, Oct 24, 2018
  6. The console that is Home Xbox is in Son #1 room. I bought a new console and added a new email for Son #2. I was told that we could game share and as long as we have Live Gold...we were "golden" When Son# 2 goes to use Fortnite, it tells him he needs
    Xbox Live in order to do so. I appreciate any guidance whatsoever!

7. Not at this time. When I went on Son# 2 console, I could see both profiles and his preferences were checked as Home Computer. So I deleted Son# 1 Gamertag and marked as NOT Home Xbox then restarted it. I'm assuming that when Son#1 tried to help by selecting
    his gamertag on Son# 2 console, It reverted to his profile if you will?

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

8. Xbox Live Gold won't share to second console

Oh my. Not sure what's going wrong here. So you put your account on his xbox and set his xbox as your home. You out his account on your xbox and set your xbox as his home. That's the most important part. Having each others consoles set as home. Both
    need both accounts. They should then share live and games.

MightyQuinn75, Oct 24, 2018
  9. Sounds like the disc drive is faulty. However the 360 is an old system and they only last for so long. Everything wears out eventually. If out of the warranty (which is clearly is) you wont even get a replacement 360 let alone 2 generations later.

MightyQuinn75, Oct 24, 2018
  10. Basically since the gold account was purchased with your user, it will be available for anybody connected to the console you set as home for your user. If you connect with your user to another console, while you're connected there you will share your gold
    Subscription.

Let me add the link which will explain better for sure:

Xbox Live Gold Sharing Features on Xbox One | Xbox Live Gold

Having said that, you should set it up this way to have gold on both:

- you make the console used by your son your home, so that gold there will always be available for your son no matter if you are connected or not (your son's home can be your console).

- you connect with your account that has gold to your console and since you are connected you will have gold enabled (being connected with your account is required since it is not your home).

Second step applies to any console, as long as you connect with your user, gold is enabled (of course you may be connected only to one console at a time).

MRallamagoosa, Oct 24, 2018
  11. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Is it possible that you bought Xbox Live on your parent account, and your two kids have their own accounts?

Be aware, that your account can only share to ONE home console at any given time, and you can only change the sharing to a specific console five times within a year! So be careful when you try switching around the Home Console!

I'll assume that you bought Xbox Live Gold on your own "mom-account". With two consoles, this will only work if you set one console as your Home Console, and are actually signed in together with your second kid on the second console.

Ideally, I'd recommend the following:

Have Son #1 buy a Gold membership after you cancelled the Gold membership on your "mom-account". Then have Son#1 set console#2 as their Home Console, so the Gold membership is shared to Console#2. Now everyone on console#2 can play online multiplayer.

Son#1 can go to any other console and also play online multiplayer, as he has the Gold membership tied to his own account, which roams to whatever console they go to.

Also have one son buy the games that both kids should be able to play, as the same sharing rules apply: You with your mom-account can only share to one console at the same time.

When son#1 buys a game, the ownership of the game will roam with son#1 to whatever console they sign in, while his games are shared to his Home console that son#2 uses.

Arminator, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold won't share to second console - Similar Threads - Live Gold won't

2. My Xbox One Console Won't Let Me Play Online Games Without Xbox Live Gold!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One Console Won't Let Me Play Online Games Without Xbox Live Gold!: I'm wondering why this happens. Is this a normal thing? My friends don't have this problem. I don't know why this happens. Can I please have some help? 00bb5ad1-754e-4673-bf3f-76063067acb8
  3. Xbox Live Gold won't connect to my son's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold won't connect to my son's account: For the first time I entered in the xbox live gold code under my name instead of my son's and it won't connect to his account. He has it listed as his home Xbox and then I thought maybe I don't...
  4. I have Xbox live gold and my game won't recognize it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox live gold and my game won't recognize it.: I've been playing FH4 and I just got gold to be able to play online. I opened up the game as soon as I bought it and it still tolled me to get Xbox live gold to play online. PLS HELP ME ASAP!...
  5. Xbox Live Rewards won't recognize my gold membership status?

in XBoX Rewards
    Xbox Live Rewards won't recognize my gold membership status?: I've had xbox live gold for nearly a full month now, bought the one year subscription for $60+tax from the Microsoft store, and every time I try to sign up and confirm for the Xbox Live Rewards...
  6. Games won't download in Xbox 360 with live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games won't download in Xbox 360 with live gold: I bought gold live subscription thinking that I will be able to buy games with best deals. Buy I can't buy (downloadable Xbox 360) games though my live gold account. My Xbox account email id is...
  7. I am trying to pay for xbox live gold but it won't let me modify the membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to pay for xbox live gold but it won't let me modify the membership: I am trying to get the 3 months gold for the 1 month price and eveRyan time I go to pay it says modify your membership and it won' let me 813811c0-0b0c-4834-9308-8bb6a668420c
  8. Xbox Live Gold won't recognize that I have Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold won't recognize that I have Live: I recently bought an 6 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership from Amazon, and my account says I redeemed the said account. So I tried playing 2 different games online, and both of them said I didn't...
  9. Xbox live gold won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold won't work: my Xbox live gold won't work on my Xbox 360. Says log in is incorrect f6e82141-a4a3-43f7-847f-77532296ad82
  10. My games won't recognize my xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    My games won't recognize my xbox live gold: I just redeemed a code for a whole year of xbox live gold. My xbox one says I have the membership but when I load up a game, I can't use any features that require xbox live gold. Can anybody help...