Xbox live Party chat - huge delay

Discus and support Xbox live Party chat - huge delay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I know this is not a new thing and has been around since the beginning of the Xbox One. But it is really annoying trying to communicate in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TcRsBlade, Feb 16, 2020.

1. TcRsBlade
    TcRsBlade Guest

Hello,

I know this is not a new thing and has been around since the beginning of the Xbox One. But it is really annoying trying to communicate in the Xbox Live Party chat when all you say gets to the other person after 2-3 seconds. I can't even talk a normal conversasion
    without interrupting other people in my party. Let alone play a FPS match where info needs to be communicated as fast as possible.

Is there a fix for this or is Microsoft / the Xbox Team working on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerley,

:)

TcRsBlade, Feb 16, 2020
  2. OA wantedkiller Win User

I haven't notice or heard of this probelm before.

How long have you had this problem?

What kind of headset are you using?

When you do a speedtest on the xbox, what is your upload/download speed,ping and packet loss?
  3. Tim w 619 Win User

A big part of this depends on everyones connections to their internet and the servers, has everyone in your party (yourself included) got a decent stable connection?

They are working on improvements for party chat as well so hopefully this issue will be lessened at some point, but you may as well do everything in your power to make it better. I havent suffered with this problem there is usually about 0.5 - 1 second delay
    if that for me so I cant help much more sorry
  4. TcRsBlade Win User

You are right, most games handle the voice chat better than the party chat does. But we shouldn't have to configure the settings (for example only friends hear me) for every game. That's why something like a party chat exists.

I hope this is fixable.
  5. TcRsBlade Win User

Yes, in my last Party it was just me and one friend of mine that i know personally. So I am 100% certain we both have a stable connection since i know our ISP and our usual connection when gaming (mine beign the slower one with 60 mbit/s stable).

I can understand that you personally can't fix this issue, I would just really like if Microsoft / Xbox adressed this issue, since I saw a lot of other threads relating to this.
  6. Nrxb Win User

Heres the thing. In game chats (especially for Rainbow six siege) have no mic delay which is a reason why I dont really use the party chat. It would be amazing to have no mic delay in party chat.
Thema:

1. Xbox live Party chat - huge delay - Similar Threads - live Party chat

2. Xbox live enforcement does nothing for in game and party chat harassment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live enforcement does nothing for in game and party chat harassment: Im so sick and tired of people constantly griefing and harassing others players while in game or in the chat. You can harass the cr@p out of someone all you want that way, but the second you send...
  3. Are X Box Live Party Chats Recorded?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are X Box Live Party Chats Recorded?: Are X Box Live Party Chats Recorded? I've been wondering for awhile now so I figured I might as well ask the question and get an answer. 16e35e00-9056-421b-8739-8e9df91f0462
  4. Xbox Live Party chat issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Party chat issue: parties are disconnecting and saying that players are in game chat but They're in party chat and sometimes audio just drops 8f205263-d7b7-4a15-8c37-0d3ecb7faa55
  5. Disconnected form Xbox live party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected form Xbox live party chat: Hello this issue has been persisting for that last week or so, every time i turn my xbox on i cannot connect to party chat. I get the error 0x89231906. This issue has persisted for far to long and...
  6. Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting: Everything has been perfectly fine until today. As of today however I've been experiencing constant party issues. Whenever I join a party, it would disconnect me after about a minute. I figured...
  7. Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat": I'm having this issue with only one friend where when either of us hosts a party, the joining player gets the error message. In addition we are not able to play any games together (Have tried...
  8. I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...: I use a headset adapter for my Xbox one headset. When I am in a party, it says I have a mic connected, and the mic icon is in the top right of my home screen. But, I can hear others but they...
  9. Xbox Live Party Chat not working after 24 hour com ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Party Chat not working after 24 hour com ban: After fulfilling a 24 hour com ban, I'm no longer able to talk to people in party chat. I'm able to message people, join parties and invite people to parties, however when I speak into the mic it...
  10. New Wave Communications: Xbox Live Party Chat Issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    New Wave Communications: Xbox Live Party Chat Issues: New Wave Communications (ISPs): Xbox Live Party Chat Issues Hey Riin thanks for keeping us in the loop! If the reset didn't fix this issue the problem, as you stated, might be on the internets...