Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting

Discus and support Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Everything has been perfectly fine until today. As of today however I've been experiencing constant party issues. Whenever I join a party, it would... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A Drugged Puma, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting

Everything has been perfectly fine until today. As of today however I've been experiencing constant party issues. Whenever I join a party, it would disconnect me after about a minute. I figured maybe it a connection issue with the people I was playing with.
    However, I started a party on my own and it still disconnects me after a few minutes. The error code I get is: 0X80072EFD

I've already taken all the necessary steps, checked my connection which is fine. My NAT type is always open and I double checked and it is still open. I've done a hard reset on my console, removed the profile from my xbox and re-added it, checked my privacy
    settings, used both ethernet and wifi connections, reset my modem, used different ethernet ports, tried a different profile, cleared persistent storage, tested my internet connection (which is fine), nothing seems to be working. I continue to be disconnected
    from party chat and have no idea what to do. I've never had issues with party chat but this has been happening the whole day and I can't find any solutions to this except the generic NAT type and hard reset solutions.

Please help!

Update: It's working now with no issues, so I am assuming it was temporary problem with Xbox Live on their end that was affecting certain users. Thank You for all the help guys

:)

A Drugged Puma, Sep 15, 2019
  2. xBishix Win User

Sporadic "Disconnected from Xbox Live" messages.

I am having the same issue and it's starting to make me become very agitated. Sporadic disconnects from XBox live when I am not actively playing an online game. If I am playing a single player game, Skyrim for example, within 5 minutes I am disconnected
    from Live. If I am in a Party Chat I am disconnected from the chat but not Live. Then I have to reconnect to the Party. Or, my friend are booted from the party and not me...the party issues happen every 2-3 minutes or less sometimes. Starting to get very aggravating.
  3. KillerBFR Win User

Xbox one randomly disconnects from wireless network and controller

I confirm. When I'm in a party chat I sometimes Quick Disconnects of Xbox Live.
  4. PartyInTheCAeh Win User

Cannot play online because of lag issues

Yes I am connected to Xbox Live, talking to my friend in party chat. And it never disconnects me.
  5. Private Maximo Win User

Microsoft writes letter to Xbox community

[quote user="FatMond"]

Letter from Mond to Xbox Live:-

Dear Xbox Live,

Sod your horrible new dashboard that's designed for Kinect, make the party chats stop disconnecting all the time, you bunch of helmets.

Kind regards

Mond

[/quote]

Works fine without Kinect

I have no Party Chat disconnects and I use it all the time.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Randomly disconnected from Xbox Party

Hi there sargeeq,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with party chats disconnecting from the Xbox Live.

To help clarify the issue:

What device are you using? (Xbox 360 / Xbox One)

If you are using the Xbox 360, I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article:

Troubleshoot Xbox Live parties on Xbox 360

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting

1. Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting - Similar Threads - Live Party Chat

2. Disconnected form Xbox live party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected form Xbox live party chat: Hello this issue has been persisting for that last week or so, every time i turn my xbox on i cannot connect to party chat. I get the error 0x89231906. This issue has persisted for far to long and...
  3. Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat": I'm having this issue with only one friend where when either of us hosts a party, the joining player gets the error message. In addition we are not able to play any games together (Have tried...
  4. I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...: I use a headset adapter for my Xbox one headset. When I am in a party, it says I have a mic connected, and the mic icon is in the top right of my home screen. But, I can hear others but they...
  5. Xbox Live Party Chat not working after 24 hour com ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Party Chat not working after 24 hour com ban: After fulfilling a 24 hour com ban, I'm no longer able to talk to people in party chat. I'm able to message people, join parties and invite people to parties, however when I speak into the mic it...
  6. New Wave Communications: Xbox Live Party Chat Issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    New Wave Communications: Xbox Live Party Chat Issues: New Wave Communications (ISPs): Xbox Live Party Chat Issues Hey Riin thanks for keeping us in the loop! If the reset didn't fix this issue the problem, as you stated, might be on the internets...
  7. Xbox live party chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live party chat: I have recently unblocked 2 people and re added them to my friends list but everytime i go into a party it says i have them blocked and it wont let me speak to them...
  8. Xbox Live party chat needs to be better

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live party chat needs to be better: Xbox Live party chat needs a total rework. It's terrible. The amount of delay it has is ridiculous. Speaking of delay, I love hearing myself talk a second or two after I speak like some kind of...
  9. Xbox Live disconnects ONLY when a friend is in the party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live disconnects ONLY when a friend is in the party chat: I would be talking to my friends in the party chat and every time, after about 30 minutes, everything freezes and the party shows everyone else as "connecting." Shortly after, I'm kicked off Xbox...
  10. Xbox Live Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Party Chat: I have been having multiple issues trying to connect with friends over xbox live recently. Their status stays connecting, party or game chat don't work, and worse my friends join the party muted...