Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages.

Discus and support Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I came across a short video on Twitter last night that shows a friends messages on Xbox Live. In the video, there is one that's hidden. I took a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Fl0ydPinkert0n, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages.

I came across a short video on Twitter last night that shows a friends messages on Xbox Live. In the video, there is one that's hidden. I took a screenshot of it:

http://imgur.com/TCqAO8p

I'd link to the actual video, but he also clicks on the message and reveals what it says, which I'm assuming would get me moderated.

Anyways, I have never seen this before on Xbox Live. I'm assuming this is new; possibly one of the ways Phil Spencer wants to make Xbox Live a safe and inclusive environment.

https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2019/05/20/video-games-a-unifying-force-for-the-world/

If this isn't new, then my bad. It's been awhile since I've received an offensive message since I've been playing single-player games / modes lately.

I'm curious how others feel about a step like this though. Personally, I feel a bit torn. On one hand, I like how the Xbox team is trying to reduce harassment and make gaming fun for everyone. At the same time, if someone sends me a message that gets hidden
    by Xbox Live, then I'll still probably click on it anyways out of curiosity.

:)

Fl0ydPinkert0n, Jul 15, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

1984 and Big Brother here we come!

All joking aside, as long as you can still make the decision to block, mute and/or report it's probably a good thing.

If the account is a childs account, why not go the whole way and delete the "offensive" message before it hits the Inbox of curious children, or is that a step too far?
  3. Gimpy_P Win User

I don't mind it, but I am curious and would likely choose to peek.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Personally, I am not aware of that happening on Xbox Live. That is not to say that it is not something that is happening. I have heard or read anything online about that.
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Im fine if they did it. Normally if I would get a message that would be censored in that way its normally someone a little bit salty. So I would click it to get a good laugh.
  6. AridLizard Win User

I don't know if they already do this, but if they have a bot that can flag potentially offensive messages, wouldn't it be better if it warned the sender before they sent the message in the first place?

I don't mean block the message or an automatic enforcement but a warning that the message contains words/phrases that could potentially be reported by the recipient. then the sender can choose to ignore it and send anyway (maybe it is a private joke with
    the recipient) or rethink the wording or not send a message at all.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages. - Similar Threads - Live preemptively muting

2. Xbox live problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live problem: Po polsku: Witam, mam następujący problem. Nie jestem graczem, bardzo rzadko gram w gry., Xbox włączam średnio co 4-6 miesięcy. Była promocja na GTA V za parę groszy to kupiłem. Po włączeniu...
  3. Xbox live problems on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live problems on 360: On my xbox 360, it had been telling me to update xbox live but when i do i come up with an status code: 4488 0000 3080 0506 8007 0070. When i type in the status code for help nothing comes up....
  4. My xbox live gold transformed into Xbox ultimate, but when I cancelled the ultimate offer...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox live gold transformed into Xbox ultimate, but when I cancelled the ultimate offer...: Hey everyone, I'll try to be more specific and add more details. I live in France so first of all, sorry for the upcoming mistakes. I buy every year an 1 year xbox live code from the internet,...
  5. Linking my epic games account to a new Xbox live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking my epic games account to a new Xbox live account: Hi there, soo i linked my epic games account to my xbox live account. I have made a new xbox live account and want to link my epic games acount to the new xbox live account. Went through it and...
  6. Unable to connect with XBOX live using kids account with 13 year old restriction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect with XBOX live using kids account with 13 year old restriction: Hello Experts, I have 3 kids account set up with 13 years old restriction at https://account.microsoft.com/family/?fref=home.card.family. They can play all games we bought on console and now...
  7. xbox live can't sign in. When I enter my details it says this is linked to another account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox live can't sign in. When I enter my details it says this is linked to another account: I'm trying for the first time to connect to xbox live on my xbox360 I have set up a new email address through outlook for this. How do I use this account (email and password) to sign in. I do...
  8. What happens when I redeem an Xbox Live code while having Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens when I redeem an Xbox Live code while having Game Pass Ultimate: There seems to be absolutely no info at all about this, I've been searching for 2 hours now, but only get results for when upgrading to game pass, not the opposite, so I decided to just ask about...
  9. Xbox Live Multijoueur : Type De Nat = toredo n'est pas éligible ; Connectivité serveur = bloqué

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live Multijoueur : Type De Nat = toredo n'est pas éligible ; Connectivité serveur = bloqué: [Edit - Title Translation] - Xbox Live Multiplayer: Nat = toredo type is not eligible; Server connectivity = blocked Bonjour quand je veux jouer a Sea Of Thieves (sur pc) sa ne marche pas . Je...
  10. Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live: No puedo acceder. Xbox live aunque aparece todo conectafo perfectamente. El unico mensaje en la pantalla de inicio, es xbox live no esta disponible para las consolas de tu region. Quiero saber x...