Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages.

Discus and support Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I came across a short video on Twitter last night that shows a friends messages on Xbox Live. In the video, there is one that's hidden. I took a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Fl0ydPinkert0n, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages.

I came across a short video on Twitter last night that shows a friends messages on Xbox Live. In the video, there is one that's hidden. I took a screenshot of it:

http://imgur.com/TCqAO8p

I'd link to the actual video, but he also clicks on the message and reveals what it says, which I'm assuming would get me moderated.

Anyways, I have never seen this before on Xbox Live. I'm assuming this is new; possibly one of the ways Phil Spencer wants to make Xbox Live a safe and inclusive environment.

https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2019/05/20/video-games-a-unifying-force-for-the-world/

If this isn't new, then my bad. It's been awhile since I've received an offensive message since I've been playing single-player games / modes lately.

I'm curious how others feel about a step like this though. Personally, I feel a bit torn. On one hand, I like how the Xbox team is trying to reduce harassment and make gaming fun for everyone. At the same time, if someone sends me a message that gets hidden
    by Xbox Live, then I'll still probably click on it anyways out of curiosity.

:)

Fl0ydPinkert0n, Jul 15, 2019
  2. trooper20202 Win User

I think it is new too, just got it in my message requests. However it when I click on it I only have the option to report the message.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

1984 and Big Brother here we come!

All joking aside, as long as you can still make the decision to block, mute and/or report it's probably a good thing.

If the account is a childs account, why not go the whole way and delete the "offensive" message before it hits the Inbox of curious children, or is that a step too far?
  4. SirKevSyl Win User

Lo estan haciendo y considero que es una buena estrategia, a quien le gusta que jugando te estes insultando ?
  5. x EeMBe x Win User

My friends told me about it recently and was wondering what happened. He got a message from a guy that lost in fifa but a lot of words were already censored.
  6. Gimpy_P Win User

I don't mind it, but I am curious and would likely choose to peek.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live preemptively muting offensive messages. - Similar Threads - Live preemptively muting

2. Xbox Live Pc won't log in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live Pc won't log in: "Sign in" in the app, it opens a little window and suggests me my Microsoft account. I choose that and soon after it shows me my username and says "Welcome back". Then I have the option to "switch...
  3. How to recover my Xbox Live profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to recover my Xbox Live profile?: I've had the account for a decade and decided to try to login, but the email address I used was for a Yahoo email that no longer exists. Consequently, I cannot receive any verification emails....
  4. Always Problems with Xbox Live Core Services

in XBoX on Consoles
    Always Problems with Xbox Live Core Services: Every time there is a new game that comes out, Xbox Live Core Services starts acting up and undergoes maintenance. The day Gears 5 was released, everyone was unable to log in. And now, Halo: Reach...
  5. Disconnect from Xbox live account - Halo Master Chief's Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disconnect from Xbox live account - Halo Master Chief's Collection: Years ago I created an outlook account under a pseudonym where I'd sign in to play my games. The recovery phone number is not in use anymore since I've moved to another country. So when I used...
  6. Xbox game live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game live: My son got an xbox one s for his birthday. We got him the game ultimate subscription but his aunt got him a 3 month subscription for game live. Can we add this to the ultimate subscription and...
  7. windows live id

in XBoX Games and Apps
    windows live id: Jó estét/napot! szeretném megkérdezni hogy miaz a windows live id? vagy esetleg hol találom meg? gta 4 hez kellenne hogy belépjek de emiatt nem tudok! kéri ezt windows live_t de nem tudom hol...
  8. Xbox Live Gold on Two Consoles, with Three Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold on Two Consoles, with Three Accounts: We have an Xbox One with Gold under my account. My boys each have their own accounts which they play on and have all their friends and such. We are looking at getting a 2nd Xbox One so they can...
  9. xbox 360 can't connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 can't connect to live: My nephew gave me his old xbox 360 and I am trying to get it up and running. I have tried wireless, wired, and direct connect to the modem and can't get it to connect to xbox live. Usually it just...
  10. Xbox Live Ultimate Pass Promo

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Ultimate Pass Promo: I am looking to purchase the 3 month promo for $1 as a gift. When I choose the 3 month option to proceed, it displays the normal price of $44.99. Will I only be charged the $1 when gifted or will...