xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update

Discus and support xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so i originally have had my xbox one set up with my girlfriends xbox one (as my home xbox) and she was sharing her live subscription with me but... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TH3P4INTR4IN, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TH3P4INTR4IN
    TH3P4INTR4IN Guest

xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update

so i originally have had my xbox one set up with my girlfriends xbox one (as my home xbox) and she was sharing her live subscription with me but recently has just stopped sharing live, all the shared games are still there.

we had 2 switches left and i had just used them to try to reset by unsetting the home xboxes and resetting which didnt work and still directs me to purchase live when launching an online game.

no settings were changed when it first stopped working just seemed sudden and for no apparent reason. im just trying to get the live sharing function to work again.

and as much as id like to just pay for some live myself, i already feel victimized by the forced auto-pay that gets turned on after paying for any subscription that requires that you log into your main account on a desktop with an extra effort to misdirect
    you when looking for the actual setting.

i ended up purchasing 6 months of live (individually by month) that went completely unused when i lost my home n was homeless n eventually caught on that money was disappearing from my account every month and that i have to apparently manually turn off autopay
    after every subscription purchase.

quite the official scam, very, very petty for a multi-billion dollar company if you ask me.

ALSO, microsoft payment and billing has been claiming that i owe $11.

how???

it started with a "free month on us!" oh but guess what... AUTO-PAY WAS ACTIVATED. i was given another month after that but at no apparent charge until the end of the second month it started stating in my subscriptions that i owe for that second month. yet
    everytime i have payed on the "owed" amount, it doesnt actually pay it im just given another month of live and the owed amount remains in my subscriptions for it to do the same all over again and locking me into paying for each single month cuz the only option
    i have is to repay this "debt".

seems like another scam setting xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update o_O i never asked for the second month after the free month that was offered, there wasnt even enough in my bank account that month to pay for it, so why was the second month given to me? it shouldnt have been and i shouldnt
    owe anything.

this whole issue is not my fault.

:)

TH3P4INTR4IN, Jul 3, 2020
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

The way the system is setup the ONLY way to not have auto renew automatically on is if you use a Xbox live prepaid card.

If you purchase the subscription with a credit/debit card then you would have to go into the website and turn off the auto renew.

Even say you pay for one month go in turn off auto renew and 2 months later purchase another 1 month with a credit/debit card you would have to go in and turn off the auto renew on the new subscription.
  3. TH3P4INTR4IN Win User

her gamertag is REI 4 REIGN and yess she currently has live and shes using it. and thats what im saying is i have taken that path everytiime i have paid for live since and it directs me to pay for the "overdue subscription" first which is supposedly required
    before i can even activate live, however always just gives me another month of live and at the end the "overdue payment" still remains.

and yes i succesfully turned off the autopay the very last time, but that setting should remain as i left it and not reactivate or require me to change it back every single time
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

For your first issue you need to make sure that your girlfriends xbox live subscription has not run out.

It may also have to do with your subscription showing as past due.

Have you tried to sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/services and it should give you a choice to fix the problem by paying what is past due once you do that it should give you a choice to turn off auto renew for your subscription.
  5. shadow of arman Win User

Disable Automatic Downloads

hello, yes you can, go to settings, power options, disable auto updates or auto download.... I think it was called auto updates :D anyway you can also disable instint on so you use less power and have to pay less for the power bills, but for the best experience
    stay on instint on :)
  6. KILLMEPLEZBRUVR Win User

Microsoft keep sending me email alert on I need to pay them alot of money for game pass that I didnt want to get.

Making A New Account Will Not Help As The Gamepass Is Shared Over The Whole Xbox And If Youve Purchased An Unwanted Gamepass You Need To Cancel It Also If Its Overdue (Thats Why Youre Getting Emails) Than You Will Need To Turn Off Auto Pay Then It Will Stop
    When It Runs Out But If You Want Gamepass Ever Again You Will Need To Pay It Off With A Credit/Debit Card.

Kind Reagards,

[i]Xbox Ambassador[/i]
Thema:

1. xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update - Similar Threads - live sharing suddenly

2. xbox live gold sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold sharing: me and my friend have been file sharing for years and no problems now it saying that he need Xbox live gold even tho i am sharing gold with him. he can play most game exp the first person and...
  3. Xbox Live Gold Sharing isn't working properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold Sharing isn't working properly: I use an Xbox Live Gold subscription on my dad's account. I can play online perfectly fine, however I can't download any of the free games without having to go on my dad's account....
  4. Sharing my Xbox Live Gold account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing my Xbox Live Gold account: I have two Xbox consoles at home. My sons are able to share our Game Pass account while each is signed in on their respective consoles with their respective separate profiles. How can they do the...
  5. Sharing Xbox live with family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing Xbox live with family: Recently I got my son Xbox game pass ultimate, so he can play some games online. We only have one Xbox and everyone in the family has their account set up with it as the myhome Xbox. As I...
  6. Xbox live gold sharing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live gold sharing: Wondering if somebody can help with this. Myself and my son both have xbox, we currently both have seperate live gold subscriptions but his is due to expire tomorrow so i was planning to just set...
  7. Xbox gold live sharing from game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live sharing from game pass ultimate: My son set his Xbox account up 1 year ago and I paid for 1 year gold live. This is about to expire. I set up an account for me and I purchased game pass ultimate 2 months ago. We have one console...
  8. Sharing Xbox Live Pass with family members on two different consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Xbox Live Pass with family members on two different consoles: This is driving me nuts and my kids are so fed up of it not working any more.... I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox One in the same household. I have both consoles logged in under the same main...
  9. Xbox Live Gold Sharing stopped working suddenly after using it the night before.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Sharing stopped working suddenly after using it the night before.: My friend has his Xbox account downloaded onto my Xbox One in order to share his Xbox Live Gold membership with me and there has been no complications for a few years. (Note: He's the only account...
  10. Far Cry 5 suddenly “doesn’t allow sharing to Xbox Live”, Screenshots won’t show up in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Far Cry 5 suddenly “doesn’t allow sharing to Xbox Live”, Screenshots won’t show up in ...: Okay, before Far Cry 5’s update today installed, there were no problems with my DVR. But suddenly, after it installed, not only won’t it show any of my screenshots despite the screenshots still...