Xbox Live Status when playing a Steam game through Xbox App

Discus and support Xbox Live Status when playing a Steam game through Xbox App in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When playing a game I have purchased & downloaded through Steam but launched through the Xbox app, my online status shows "Xbox App" and I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by xHoTx Nismo, Mar 14, 2019.

1. xHoTx Nismo
    xHoTx Nismo Guest

When playing a game I have purchased & downloaded through Steam but launched through the Xbox app, my online status shows "Xbox App" and I can't upload/share game captures. When I try to share a capture I get a pop-up message stating that it can't be shared
    because Xbox doesn't recognize the game. I do not have this issue with games purchased & downloaded through Origin or from old 32-bit CD based games. I have friends who also play Steam games through the Xbox app, however their games do not present this issue.
    It will not only show that they are online, but they are able to share content as well. Is this a fixable issue on my end or is this really just a game to game basis?

Incase this is a game to game basis, one of the games I'm having this issue with is Age of Empires II: HD Edition; which is funnily enough a first party Microsoft Game Studios game.

:)

xHoTx Nismo, Mar 14, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

I think what Brad was referring to are games that are not available on the Xbox platform may have issues with sharing content or the status, like Apex Legends is on the Xbox platform for example but the Old Republic isn't on the Xbox platform I don't believe.

Is it your entire Steam library that is not properly showing the status or sharing content? You don't have to share your entire library but what games have you tried that you can confirm is not working?
  3. xHoTx Nismo Win User

Not true as I can take captures for The Old Republic and Apex Legends which are also both PC games, not Xbox games. These two are Origin games and work just fine the Xbox features in question. It is only my Steam library that has the issue.
  4. xHoTx Nismo Win User

Thank you for the quick response!

Since originally posting I have found a solution to at least the biggest part of my problem (not being able to capture). Apparently Game bar and background recording were both turned off in my settings (oops lol). I can now capture everything just the same
    as I would be able to with a Microsoft Store game, though it is still unable to upload and share via Xbox for some reason. I am having this issue with every Steam game I own on this PC actually, but oddly enough Origin games have not been afflicted by either
    issue.

Not appearing online as playing Age of Empires to my Xbox friends list has not been solved yet either. I am beginning to think that this part may indeed be be a game specific issue that is tied to not being able to upload and share game captures.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Nismo,

This is a PC game, not an Xbox game. Is this the only game that is not available for Xbox, that you are having an issue with? It could be due to they aren't part of the Xbox service.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'd be happy to help.

Based on your description, I believe the issue is more than likely a game specific problem but not 100% sure.

To see if it's something related to your hardware, do you have issues with any other Steam games on the same PC? Steam games should be able to be recorded since you have stated that your friends have no issues.

I think I know someone who owns Age of Empires II: HD Edition on an updated Windows 10 PC so I'll ask him if he can run a test and update with what happens as soon as I can.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Status when playing a Steam game through Xbox App - Similar Threads - Live Status playing

2. Live-Status !Dienst: Warn-[Translation-Live-Status service warning]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live-Status !Dienst: Warn-[Translation-Live-Status service warning]: Hi, since yesterday i cannot connect with xbox Live. Error is: [Translation-Live-Status service warning] What can i do? I have xbox 360 fed52f40-a843-4262-b815-7a220285b429
  3. Xbox Live status

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live status: “ Unable to determine Xbox Live Core Service status. “ 21fb7b25-9b0e-43e9-aba8-37df72ea8d2a
  4. xbox live status

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live status: My xbox 1 when login into a account or just trying to get up the home bar give me a message saying the xbox live service isn't working please wait awhile or go check the Microsoft website and see...
  5. Xbox live status

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live status: Cant do anything on my xbox one x keeps coming up with a message saying the service isnt working, but on thw qensite it says everything is working. [img] 45ce829f-3c71-4dfc-9eb5-a4af83a4fe6d
  6. Xbox web does not recognize XBox Live Gold status

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox web does not recognize XBox Live Gold status: When I log into the Xbox.com website, the site does not recognize me as being a XBox Live subscriber. Instead it tells me to "Join XBox Live Gold", however if I go into my Subscriptions, it says I...
  7. Can't login to xbox live try again in a few minutes or check the xbox live status. WOW.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't login to xbox live try again in a few minutes or check the xbox live status. WOW.: This was annoying me today it happened to me which my internet CRASHED then i reconnected then i got this error, i reconnected again didn't work i checked the xbox live status it was all fine and...
  8. Xbox live support status

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live support status: It dont let me play fortnite 449a3385-f2fa-43d2-8bc5-21cb9761cda9
  9. Under live status my Xbox 360 console says service alert with a yellow exclamation mark why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Under live status my Xbox 360 console says service alert with a yellow exclamation mark why?: Service alert yellow exclamation mark under live status. What is this and why? 93115d0c-18ca-4baa-af42-3aa002cbe6de
  10. Xbox Fitness does not recognize Xbox Live Gold Status after first play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Fitness does not recognize Xbox Live Gold Status after first play: Ok. So now all the Xbox fitness titles have this "free with Xbox live gold" indicator. I have Xbox gold. The first time I do a work out it works great. I tell my Xbox "turn off" and I come back...