XBOX Live TV and Bose T20

Discus and support XBOX Live TV and Bose T20 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I currently have a Bose Lifestyle T20 surround sound system. My XBOne is connected to the Bose system in one of the HDMI slots, and it works GREAT!... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by comedian1220, Feb 7, 2014.

1. comedian1220
    comedian1220 Guest

I currently have a Bose Lifestyle T20 surround sound system. My XBOne is connected to the Bose system in one of the HDMI slots, and it works GREAT! however, when i try to use it for simple Live TV ( I do not have cable/sattelite) it tells me it can't find
    the picture from the TV. Currently the TV is plugged into the Bose system as well. I have however tried the following configurations:

XBone directly into the TV (and TV into the Bose), this way I lose the Xbox picture.

Xbox into the Bose system, and the TV into the Xbox. No signal on the TV and therefore can't see the XBOX.

Xbox AND TV both into the Bose. Xbox picture works fine on the TV, but trying to watch TV just gives me the looking for TV picture. (If i skip that

step then i just get a black screen.)

I have an LG TV, and the Xbox finds that fine and can control it when it asks to do so during setup. It also can find the Bose System when I tried to set that up from settings. But so far No TV!

:)

comedian1220, Feb 7, 2014
  2. Ollier0b
    Ollier0b Guest
    Xbox One + Bose Lifestyle AV + Live TV = always listenting to TV

Hi - I have my Direct TV running into my XB1 and that then connected to my Bose Lifestyle T20 system that then goes to my Sharp TV. I now get Live TV in the XB1 but the sound is always playing even if in another "app" - I have to mute the DirectTV directly.

Does anyone have suggestions as to the correct "order" the various devices should be linked together to avoid this and have better control of the system?

Thanks

Oliver

Ollier0b, Feb 7, 2014
  3. I have Bose cinemate series audio system and I am not hearing Xbox 360 sound from Bose speakers

I connected my TV to Bose cinemate series 2 and all the devices connected to that TV will get the audio from Bose system and I connected to Bose system via optical cable I am not hearing the sound when I connected xbox360 to tv via HDMi through Bose speakers.
    Please suggest

SubmarineSnake5, Feb 7, 2014
  4. Fenris E Wolf Win User

No Sound using Xbox One with Telekom Media Receiver X301T and watching TV

Hi City357,

Please try the following so we can figure out where the issue is. Also due to the way you formatted your post several of the lines are cutoff. 1st go to each device and change the sound setting to stereo instead of surround sound and be sure to uncheck Surround
    Sound BETA on the Xbox One if you have it enabled. Try connecting your Media Receiver via HDMI into the Xbox One and then into the TV and then go into TV Settings Troubleshooting and select the Reset TV option and complete the setup. This will tell us you
    can get the full audio and video TV Feed without involving your sound system. If this works fine then connect your Bose sound system between your Xbox One and the Media Receiver so it goes MR>Bose>Xbox One>TV and see if that works. Then go into the TV Settings
    and setup the Bose under the AVR devices. If it works w/o the bose and not with it tells us the issue is with the Bose and we need to adjust some settings to get the Audio working.
  5. TokyoRose00 Win User

Analog speakers

Depending on your tv, you could always use your analog out of your TV to your bose system.
  6. Lightyear013 Win User

How set Xbox One to a Bose 321 System

After taking a look at the inputs available on the system I would say the best thing to do would be to just get an Digital optical cable to connect the Xbox to the Bose system for surround sound and then run the HDMI out from the Xbox to your TV. In terms
    of hooking up your DirecTV all you need is a Component to HDMI cable.

Unfortunately the Bose system doesn't offer you any HiDef inputs so you won't be able to route the video coming from your Xbox one through your Bose system.

Hope this answered your question.
  7. KiLLFAIR729 Win User

Sound cuts out????

I's a Bose CineMate 1 SR Speaker Array and I have a an optical cable going from the soundbar to the TV. Then I have an HDMI cable going from the Xbox One to the TV. I do not have any optical cables connected to the Xbox One.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound

Depending on your TV, the Audio Return Channel might not support surround sound from other inputs, like the other HDMI input from your Xbox. Most TVs only send multi-channel audio via ARC if the sound is produced in the TV's tuner, like Live TV, or attached
    media drives.

Since the Bose Soundbar seemingly supports optical TOSLINK, your best option would be to add an optical cable between your Soundbar, and the optical output of your Xbox console.
Thema:

1. XBOX Live TV and Bose T20 - Similar Threads - Live Bose T20

2. I got invited to the xCloud beta (not sure why because I live in Canada). I used a US email...

in XboX Insiders
    I got invited to the xCloud beta (not sure why because I live in Canada). I used a US email...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TimesHero [link] [comments]
  3. How can I bulk download/transfer all my captures from Xbox Live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I bulk download/transfer all my captures from Xbox Live?: I ran out of space; no more captures are being uploaded to Xbox Live until I delete some captures from there. I hope you can help me. I am “virtual photographer” I take a lot of screenshots...
  4. Brand new xbox one s not connecting to live service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new xbox one s not connecting to live service: Brand new Xbox as noted, yesterday( fine now) it would not connect to live service for online connection, while computer and iphones were connecting to the internet just fine. I'd not expect this...
  5. não consigo baixar meu perfil no xbox live pq ? [Translate] I can not download my profile...

in XBoX Accessibility
    não consigo baixar meu perfil no xbox live pq ? [Translate] I can not download my profile...: pq não consigo baixar o meu perfil no xbox live no 360 ? [Translate] PQ I can not download my profile on Xbox Live on 360? 6b302972-b919-4034-8017-4706f051e1ef
  6. Error code can’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code can’t connect to live: i reset my console again fixed the problem. Go to settings system, console and reset console except games and and apps 1d7e2e52-d856-4254-b3a2-584880d8c7dd
  7. Xbox live with 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live with 360 games: Recently i changed my gamertag and then proceeded to try playing an older 360 game i had been playing on my xbox one, but i ran into the issue of not being able to use the multiplayer function. It...
  8. Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live: Hello. I’m having trouble with connecting to xbox live. I know i have xbox live. Ive reset my router. Hard reset my console. Switched between wifi. And my xbox says the connection is good but says...
  9. Fortnite Took Down XBox Live?? 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Took Down XBox Live?? 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201: Console said an update failed and won't let me play anything. Error code 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201. Fortnite took down the system. d2a47203-e446-4d8e-9b08-c6b11ef379b3
  10. When’s Xbox Live Online Again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When’s Xbox Live Online Again?: Everyone is having problem with Xbox Live Is Offline today, When’s Xbox Live going to be online again after it’s fix the problem? 0ab9e89f-700d-4278-927c-4df49b00abac