Xbox Live

Discus and support Xbox Live in XBoX Rewards to solve the problem; Hi, Is there any easy way to transfer an Xbox live account to be associated with a different Microsoft account? I originally set up my son's Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards' started by #Paul#, Aug 31, 2018.

1. #Paul#
    #Paul# Guest

Xbox Live

Hi,

Is there any easy way to transfer an Xbox live account to be associated with a different Microsoft account? I originally set up my son's Xbox account on my email which is associated with my Microsoft account. He would now like to setup his own Microsoft
    account and move his Xbox live account across to it.

It appears that this is not easily achieved without loosing all Xbox/Gaming points and starting with a completely new gamertag. Obviously he is very reluctant to do this. I am also reluctant to change my Microsoft account as this is associated with my business
    email account. What options are there?

:)

#Paul#, Aug 31, 2018
  2. jay1987
    jay1987 Guest
    jay1987, Aug 31, 2018
  3. Captain Speedy, Aug 31, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Xbox Live

M3tal Daz3, Aug 31, 2018
  5. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Gamertags/xbox profiles can NOT be moved between microsoft accounts. Even if you change the email (as seen

here
    ) it will still log you into the same microsoft account, but with just a different email. You can only change TO an email that is NOT Hotmail, Live or Outlook.

The only way to fix this is to have your son create a new account. You can set your account as the

My home xbox
    account and on that console he can share your games and gold.

ChiefJoboo, Aug 31, 2018
  6. #Paul#
    #Paul# Guest
    If I associate a new email address with my Microsoft account and then remove my existing email from this account, couldn't I then create a new Microsoft account with my previous email address? This way my son could continue with the same Microsoft account/Xbox
    subscription under his new email address. He would then retain all the benefits of his existing gamer profile which he has gained over the past 8 years.

#Paul#, Sep 1, 2018
  7. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    If I associate a new email address with my Microsoft account and then remove my existing email from this account, couldn't I then create a new Microsoft account with my previous email address? This way my son could continue with the same Microsoft account/Xbox
    subscription under his new email address. He would then retain all the benefits of his existing gamer profile which he has gained over the past 8 years.

You could do that and create a new microsoft account and xbox account with that email but he will start fresh with 0 everything and no subscription.

The gamertag and all purchases, subscriptions and gamerpoints and save game progress will stay with the microsoft account that it's on and there's no way to move that to another microsoft account no matter what you do: may that be email moving or anything.

Sorry.

ChiefJoboo, Sep 1, 2018
  8. #Paul#
    #Paul# Guest

Xbox Live

You could do that and create a new microsoft account and xbox account with that email but he will start fresh with 0 everything and no subscription.

The gamertag and all purchases, subscriptions and gamerpoints and save game progress will stay with the microsoft account that it's on and there's no way to move that to another microsoft account no matter what you do: may that be email moving or anything.

Sorry.

I don't think I explained myself very well in my last post. I am actually suggesting that my son keeps the Microsoft account and the Xbox live subscription, gamer points etc. What if he adds a new email address to this account, then makes it the primary
    email, then removes the original email address (mine). Is this possible?

Then if I require a Microsoft account I will simply make a new one. I'm expecting that I wouldn't be able to use my email address due to it being associated previously with a Microsoft account. If this is the case then I will have to create a new email address
    purely for a Microsoft account.

#Paul#, Sep 1, 2018
  9. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Yes you can do that. You can only add an email that is not Outlook, Hotmail nor Live mail.

> Then if I require a Microsoft account I will simply make a new one. I'm expecting that I wouldn't be able to use my email address due to it being associated previously with a Microsoft account. If this is the case then I will have to create a new
    email address purely for a Microsoft account.

You can do this and make a new microsoft account with that email if the email is not Outlook, Hotmail nor Live mail. Otherwise you will need to create a new email and new microsoft account.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ChiefJoboo, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

Xbox Live

1. Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Live

2. Indue invoice / Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Indue invoice / Xbox Live: Hi, my father received a 59,99€ bill on his credit card, while loging in my 2 accounts, hi credit card doesn’t appear. there is no way to trace the payment source and Microsoft doesn’t have a...
  3. Follow up on filed complaint through xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Follow up on filed complaint through xbox live: I am interested in following up on the status of a complaint I filed through xbox live regarding a player who was somehow able to disrupt my internet connectivity because he was upset about an...
  4. xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold: I am trying to do things with my gold membership on my xbox but when I sign in, it doesnt recognize that I have a gold membership, it thinks that I still have the free membership. When I am signed...
  5. Xbox live gold issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold issues: I bought my son an xbox one for xmas as an upgrade from his 360 and mainly so he could play fortnite. I set up the new xbox one on gis account and annoyingly registered the code for one months...
  6. xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold: can cancel my membership and get it back on another account 572839c0-459e-4810-a84a-eac230e3f14f
  7. Under live status my Xbox 360 console says service alert with a yellow exclamation mark why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Under live status my Xbox 360 console says service alert with a yellow exclamation mark why?: Service alert yellow exclamation mark under live status. What is this and why? 93115d0c-18ca-4baa-af42-3aa002cbe6de
  8. Not being able to play fortnite without xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to play fortnite without xbox live gold: There was glitch just before the Halloween update which allowed players to access fortnite without xbox live gold. This goes to show that you dont need it to play the actual game. My point is that...
  9. Xbox Live Enforcement Team

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Enforcement Team: I was invited to a party while playing CoD Black Ops 4 by someone who was upset with me for using a sniper poorly. He told me to quit using it or to back out, we got switched onto other teams and...
  10. ¿Como recuperar logros conseguidos en un Xbox one sin estar conectado a Xbox Live (ó a una...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ¿Como recuperar logros conseguidos en un Xbox one sin estar conectado a Xbox Live (ó a una...: [Mod Translation: Title: How to recover achievements in an Xbox One without being connected to Xbox Live (or a Wi-Fi network)?] Los consola que tengo paso un tiempo sin estar conectada a una red...