Xbox lowers game volume when Kinect is used for chat.

Discus and support Xbox lowers game volume when Kinect is used for chat. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any way to disable the function that makes the kinect change my game volume? I have it set to the volume I like it, but I swap between headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Krinklez, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Mr Krinklez
    Mr Krinklez Guest

Is there any way to disable the function that makes the kinect change my game volume? I have it set to the volume I like it, but I swap between headset and kinect often and have to reset my volume every time I do so.

:)

Mr Krinklez, Jan 24, 2014
  2. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    Sound gets lounder with mic plugged in?

That's normal behavior of the volume. Because if you are in a party and unplug your mic it usually switches to Kinect to be used for chatting and so it lowers the game volume (not the overall volume!) to better get your voice and better understanding of
    the chat.

This can be avoided if you choose not to use Kinect für chat in the Kinect settings.

BobMcFly247, Jan 24, 2014
  3. Party chat lowers game volume.

Please add a a feauture that will fix this. When I play titanfall I cannot use Kinect for game chat so I go to a friend's party. This helps me to chat but it lowers dramatically the game volume and I cannot enjoy the game.

The sound is too low!

Darth Ioannis, Jan 24, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247 Win User

Sound gets lounder with mic plugged in?

That's normal behavior of the volume. Because if you are in a party and unplug your mic it usually switches to Kinect to be used for chatting and so it lowers the game volume (not the overall volume!) to better get your voice and better understanding of
    the chat.

This can be avoided if you choose not to use Kinect für chat in the Kinect settings.
  5. Zehq Win User

How do I check if my mic is working in BF4?

Just set voice chat to play through the speakers, lower the master volume on games and switch the kinect VOIP on.
  6. jrucci13 Win User

XB1 best headset?

Ah yeah that took me a few days to figure out too haha.

So when you first turn on the headset, it's at a 50/50 mix of game and chat volume. Press the Controller with the plus symbol to raise the Game Volume and lower the Chat Volume. Press the little Person with a Plus symbol to do the opposite, raising the Chat
    and lowering the Game Volume. Holding the Chat or Game button will bring it all the way to whatever side you're holding down. (I hold the Chat Volume to max out the Chat, then press the Game button twice. That seems to be my preferred setup.)

When you find a comfortable mix of volume, use the Plus and Minus buttons on the right to raise/lower the Master Volume to where you want.

Anything else, let me know! I'll try and help out. =]
  7. MOTORHEAD45102 Win User

new update

so will the option of being able to tune audio volume when using Kinect for chat will that still work for if your not using Kinect and using the headset in party chat? cause right now I'll go to party chat but cannot tune what volume the xbox feels like
    turning the volume down to and to me the xbox turns the volume down way too much for me.
  8. x DYLAN 1337 x Win User

Xbox Voice Settings

Hi, it doesn't help. I want the game volume to lower when someone speaks. This works in party chat and not in game chat. Why?
Thema:

1. Xbox lowers game volume when Kinect is used for chat. - Similar Threads - lowers game volume

2. elder scrolls online: summerset upgrade lower price problem

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    elder scrolls online: summerset upgrade lower price problem: i paid 17.99 for summerset upgrade from elder scrolls and right now they got the game itself for 11.99 right now and i paid it on May 3rd is there any way i can get some kind of help with this...
  3. Acheivments missing, Gamerscore lowered

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Acheivments missing, Gamerscore lowered: Today i logged in to see that my gamerscore of just over 100,000 is now just under 60,000. After looking through my achievements i see that most of the games I've played recently, if not all in...
  4. Please tell me. About lower compatibility.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please tell me. About lower compatibility.: I possess a game of Xbox360. Why can't I play FIFA16 and FIFA17 by lower compatibility of XBOXONE? Will a game of lower compatibility also plan to be increasing from now on? Thank you....
  5. Atmos App Sound in game lower recently?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Atmos App Sound in game lower recently?: Recently noticed in the last few weeks and maybe from the latest preview update the the Atmos app in game has a much lower volume in the last few weeks. Seems fine when scrolling in the xbox...
  6. Prices of xbox one games must be lowered. Way too expensive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Prices of xbox one games must be lowered. Way too expensive.: Please reduce the price of xbox one games. Many of us cannot afford it but would like to have the latest games. I've spent a huge amount of money buying my xbox one but cannot enjoy it at all...
  7. I received lower compensation than sellin price for on-demand game of Ridge racer 6 from ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I received lower compensation than sellin price for on-demand game of Ridge racer 6 from ...: Hello. I have a problem about execution of a on-demand game of Ridge racer 6 as a Korean user. I asked the problem to Korean X-Box service center on 26th Dec. 2013 for the first time then I...
  8. Game Audio significantly lowers when joining party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Audio significantly lowers when joining party.: Title say's it all, whenever I join a party the game audio significantly drops which makes games like PUBG/Fortnite etc a real pain. Any suggestions? P.S It's not a headset issue, I've tried 3...
  9. THE PRICE OF XBOX ONE GAMES ARE TOTALLY CRAZY. REALLY NEEDS TO BE LOWERED

in XBoX on Consoles
    THE PRICE OF XBOX ONE GAMES ARE TOTALLY CRAZY. REALLY NEEDS TO BE LOWERED: If you pay for Xbox Live Gold you get 4 games a month counting both the 360 & XB1. Everybody with gold got LOTF & SSOD this month. With BC a person can find some cheap games. Do you have...
  10. Party chat lowers game volume.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat lowers game volume.: Please add a a feauture that will fix this. When I play titanfall I cannot use Kinect for game chat so I go to a friend's party. This helps me to chat but it lowers dramatically the game volume...