Xbox making clicking noises

Discus and support Xbox making clicking noises in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there. Just wondering if anyone knows why my xbox is making these noises. It was bought as a gift for Christmas 2018 and has been for numerous... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by taiterunicorn, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Xbox making clicking noises

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone knows why my xbox is making these noises. It was bought as a gift for Christmas 2018 and has been for numerous repairs and has been replaced once as well. It was sent away last time due to not loading and it was making
    this ticking noise. They then sent a reconditioned model back which is now starting to tick as well. Any help would be appreciated as I don't really want to sent it away for a fith time in 8 months

:)

taiterunicorn, Sep 7, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there taiterunicorn,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox console. Sounds like it may be a hardware issue.

To help clarify the issue:

• What Xbox console do you have?
    • When does the noise happen?
    • Does it happen when you play a disc game?
    • Is the console in a well-ventilated area?

Let us know so we may further assist.
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

Is the console plugged into a power strip or the wall directly?
  4. Zero420override Win User

I have read quite a few articles with people stating the exact same issue, and it seems in every case to be something going on with the fan. It doesn't seem to be a detrimental issue but if you would like it serviced the best thing to do would be to send
    it in (as you well know). I hope this helps in the very least knowing this is a common "issue".

Keep Calm and Game On!
  5. taiterunicorn Win User

Hi just to let you know it's an xbox 1s. The noise starts when you turn it on and last for around 3 minutes or so. There is nothing around the console blocking any vents and it has only been used for online gaming so no discs have been inserted into the
    console
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox making a ticking/clicking noise

It does not matter where the HD is from All mechanical (Non SSD) HDs will start making clicking noises when they are starting to go bad.

Your best bet would probably be to try and setup a repair order.
Thema:

1. Xbox making clicking noises - Similar Threads - making clicking noises

2. Xbox making a ticking/clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making a ticking/clicking noise: Howdy, So today I turned on my xbox to find its making a ticking/clicking noise. It's never done it before so I was curious and started looking it up. The only things I could find were posts from...
  3. Help Please, Xbox Won't turn on and is making a clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help Please, Xbox Won't turn on and is making a clicking noise: So my xbox is making a clicking noise and won't turn on, this started happening after I attempted to hard restart when a disc randomly stopped working. The machine itself has plenty of...
  4. Xbox making a loud clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making a loud clicking noise: My Xbox one has worked perfectly but I set it up in a different spot and now no matter what it makes a really really loud and obnoxious clicking noise. Is there a fix for this?...
  5. Xbox making a loud clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making a loud clicking noise: My Xbox one has worked perfectly but I set it up in a different spot and now no matter what it makes a really really loud and obnoxious clicking noise. Is there a fix for this?...
  6. Xbox making a strange clicking noise when disc is inserted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making a strange clicking noise when disc is inserted.: Things to know about my Xbox. 1. It's one of the original ones that came out in 2013 2. It has always taken a few tries to have a disc work but now it's not working at all 3. Normally happens...
  7. Xbox one s making a electrical clicking noise when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s making a electrical clicking noise when off: My xbox one slim, brand new is making a constant fast electrical clicking noise, like the sound you hear when you get a static shock. This is only when it is off and in energy saver mode. It also...
  8. Xbox has been making clicking noises, now errors out when I try to start it up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox has been making clicking noises, now errors out when I try to start it up.: The error it's giving me is E102 00080000 80070002. I've tried the offline update solution many times, but it does not work, it's flash on the screen for a second and then it'll say something went...
  9. Xbox One making clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One making clicking noise: About a few days ago my Xbox has been making this awful clicking noise whenever turned on (does it sometimes when turned off) and it causes the Xbox to lag and the load time has extremely...
  10. Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP: I recently purchased both an Xbox One Elite Controller and the Forza special edition controller, to replace my one and only controller that I ended up selling. Upon starting to use the Forza...