Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi

Discus and support Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Since the last update when using the directional buttons on the remote through kodi, the hi-lighted section only moves to the next item if holding the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sholicar, Aug 26, 2019.

1. /u/sholicar
    /u/sholicar Guest

Since the last update when using the directional buttons on the remote through kodi, the hi-lighted section only moves to the next item if holding the button. It’s as if there is a permanent button delay and you have to keep pressing the directional button rapidly to navigate through all the items. Using the controller there is no issue and the hi-light scrolls through all the items.

Iv tried the same remote on the same version of kodi on another console and it works the same as the controller. Issue has only appeared since the mid August beta ring.

Can this be fixed please, assume it’s to do with the newly added mouse and keyboard settings :/

Thanks

submitted by /u/sholicar
    [link] [comments]

/u/sholicar, Aug 26, 2019
  2. JLR13 Win User

Home button

I am also having this issue with two different Xbox Ones and two different media remotes. Most likely a recent update has caused all of our remotes to stop working correctly.
  3. Red264 Win User

kodi

You can't is the short answer.

Kodi while now available in the Windows 10 store still only works on PC's, it is not compatible with Xbox. To work on Xbox would require big changes which are unlikely to happen.

There is an Apple app store friendly off shoot of Kodi called MrMC but they have said they aren't interested in doing an Xbox version at this time.

To make the Xbox see the Kodi media library you must turn on the UPnP server in the Kodi settings\services section then browse that via the media player app on Xbox. A far better approach is install something like Emby or Plex server on the PC and use their
    clients on the Xbox.
  4. StevenBM Win User

Does Xbox One Support Changing Channels using Direct Number Buttons (for Over-The-Air Xbox Tuner)?

The Xbox Media remote should give you this capability but I've seen some reports that it isn't working correctly since the NXOE update. I'm sure it will get fixed though
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox 360 help

Smartglass for the 360 is no longer available, it has been discontinued.

Peel works well, and there are several other Google Play remote apps that will work. There is also an official Xbox 360 Media Remote that outlets like Amazon or Gamestop may still carry.

Logitech Harmony remotes can also control a 360, so there are a few options available.

Good Luck!
  6. GoddessFae Win User

Kodi on Xbox one.

There is a way to use Kodi on your XBox One, but you con't download it as an app. I don't see why XBox live would ban you for having Kodi, since it isn't an illegal download or streaming site, but I don't work for XBox, Microsoft, Kodi, or any other related
    company/organization.

XBMC used to be connected to XBox, but as I understand it, they are no longer affiliated.
Thema:

1. Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi - Similar Threads - media remote longer

2. Brand New Talon Media Remote Not Connecting At All

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Talon Media Remote Not Connecting At All: So I just bought a Talon Media Remote for watching movies and shows on my Xbox, but I have no way of syncing it with my console. In any shape or form. I go to device control in settings and have...
  3. Help linking talon media remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help linking talon media remote: Help linking talon media remote to xbox one please? Bought a few months ago, tossed the packaging. Can’t get it to work. Thanks. 8da3e427-f9fd-4ef6-a7df-bced807d52f9
  4. Media Remote no longer controls TV Volume

in XboX Insiders
    Media Remote no longer controls TV Volume: Xbox One X, Samsung 4K TV, PDP Talon remote. Nothing changed in my settings, and I did go in and remove my TV and re-add it. During the setup, it correctly muted and adjusted the volume of my...
  5. Will the Xbox One media remote work on the Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox One media remote work on the Series X?: I want to buy one, but am concerned it won't work on the Series X. Has anyone seen anything from Microsoft on this topic? Thanks. submitted by /u/momoneymohoney__ [link] [comments]
  6. Solution for Xbox One Media remote no longer being able to adjust volume. (Power controls...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solution for Xbox One Media remote no longer being able to adjust volume. (Power controls...: I have an Xbox One X connected to an LG tv who's volume used to be able to be adjusted by an Xbox One Media Remote. It has recently stopped working even though all other functions of the remote...
  7. Media remote, holding down buttons no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media remote, holding down buttons no longer works: Hi, Since the March update I've noticed that with my official Xbox Media remote I can no longer hold down any buttons. This makes it a pain when scrolling though OneGuide, and Similarly turning...
  8. Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.: As the title suggests I can't play or pause using my media remote after the most recent update. I believe the button remapping is to blame. How do I roll back this update or update the media...
  9. Media Remote no longer works with YouTube and Netflix apps after 11/15 console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Remote no longer works with YouTube and Netflix apps after 11/15 console update: After updating the console on 11/15, the Xbox One Media Remote no longer functions in any way for the YouTube and Netflix apps as it used to. It still works fine in the Hulu app....
  10. Xbox One Media Remote can no longer bring up the shutdown options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote can no longer bring up the shutdown options: My official Xbox One Media Remote can no longer bring up the shutdown options (turn off, send feedback) by holding the Xbox button. Everything else works fine, including the Xbox button for other...