Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi

Discus and support Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Since the last update when using the directional buttons on the remote through kodi, the hi-lighted section only moves to the next item if holding the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sholicar, Aug 26, 2019.

1. /u/sholicar
    /u/sholicar Guest

Since the last update when using the directional buttons on the remote through kodi, the hi-lighted section only moves to the next item if holding the button. It’s as if there is a permanent button delay and you have to keep pressing the directional button rapidly to navigate through all the items. Using the controller there is no issue and the hi-light scrolls through all the items.

Iv tried the same remote on the same version of kodi on another console and it works the same as the controller. Issue has only appeared since the mid August beta ring.

Can this be fixed please, assume it’s to do with the newly added mouse and keyboard settings :/

Thanks

submitted by /u/sholicar
    [link] [comments]

/u/sholicar, Aug 26, 2019
  2. JLR13 Win User

Home button

I am also having this issue with two different Xbox Ones and two different media remotes. Most likely a recent update has caused all of our remotes to stop working correctly.
  3. Red264 Win User

kodi

You can't is the short answer.

Kodi while now available in the Windows 10 store still only works on PC's, it is not compatible with Xbox. To work on Xbox would require big changes which are unlikely to happen.

There is an Apple app store friendly off shoot of Kodi called MrMC but they have said they aren't interested in doing an Xbox version at this time.

To make the Xbox see the Kodi media library you must turn on the UPnP server in the Kodi settings\services section then browse that via the media player app on Xbox. A far better approach is install something like Emby or Plex server on the PC and use their
    clients on the Xbox.
  4. StevenBM Win User

Does Xbox One Support Changing Channels using Direct Number Buttons (for Over-The-Air Xbox Tuner)?

The Xbox Media remote should give you this capability but I've seen some reports that it isn't working correctly since the NXOE update. I'm sure it will get fixed though
  5. GoddessFae Win User

Kodi on Xbox one.

There is a way to use Kodi on your XBox One, but you con't download it as an app. I don't see why XBox live would ban you for having Kodi, since it isn't an illegal download or streaming site, but I don't work for XBox, Microsoft, Kodi, or any other related
    company/organization.

XBMC used to be connected to XBox, but as I understand it, they are no longer affiliated.
  6. Red264 Win User

Help me drag media player into the current century

Xbox Feedback site has entries covering this, that would be the better place to vote on issue or submit new ideas too.

The media player in Xbox is very basic, it's essentially a port of Windows Media Player in Win10, no active work is being done on either of those.

The best option is third party apps on Xbox, VLC is now available and it's a better media player then the built in one but it doesn't have the more advanced UI your looking for. The only real candidates in this area are Kodi (formally XBMC) and it's app
    store friendly off shoot MrMC but neither of those are coming to Xbox anytime soon (Kodi no way & MrMC has a remote chance).

You should be using an Emby or Plex media server system for the kind of UI and metadata features your after but that requires a PC or NAS running those, your USB HDD is no use plugged into Xbox, must be plugged into the system running the server, then get
    the Plex app from the store.
Thema:

1. Xbox media remote no longer working correctly in kodi - Similar Threads - media remote longer

2. media remote doesnt work with latest updates

in XboX Insiders
    media remote doesnt work with latest updates: in skip ahead the remote lights up fine so good battery but nothing registers to the xbox submitted by /u/lcg22 [link] [comments]
  3. Is anyone having trouble with their official media remote?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having trouble with their official media remote?: Today suddenly my remote would stop responding etirely after pausing YouTube. It would work once I quit YouTube using the controller. But it seems that it isn't limited to YT, it's unresponsive...
  4. Xbox One S - Media Remote Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Media Remote Not Working: I bought a second-hand Xbox One S off eBay as a temporary replacement for my Xbox One X as it needs to be returned for another repair... ANOTHER! Within 6 months of it's previous repair......
  5. Amazon prime app Media remote not working

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon prime app Media remote not working: play, fast forward, stop, etc buttons don't work. submitted by /u/Hoddinski [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox media remote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox media remote: Anyone else think it would be nice if they were to release a new media remote that would utilize a play & charge style battery? I use my media remote quite a bit so I'm constantly going through...
  7. Media remote, holding down buttons no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media remote, holding down buttons no longer works: Hi, Since the March update I've noticed that with my official Xbox Media remote I can no longer hold down any buttons. This makes it a pain when scrolling though OneGuide, and Similarly turning...
  8. Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.: As the title suggests I can't play or pause using my media remote after the most recent update. I believe the button remapping is to blame. How do I roll back this update or update the media...
  9. Media Remote no longer works with YouTube and Netflix apps after 11/15 console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Remote no longer works with YouTube and Netflix apps after 11/15 console update: After updating the console on 11/15, the Xbox One Media Remote no longer functions in any way for the YouTube and Netflix apps as it used to. It still works fine in the Hulu app....
  10. Xbox One Media Remote can no longer bring up the shutdown options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote can no longer bring up the shutdown options: My official Xbox One Media Remote can no longer bring up the shutdown options (turn off, send feedback) by holding the Xbox button. Everything else works fine, including the Xbox button for other...