Xbox (Message) notifications not showing up at all.

Discus and support Xbox (Message) notifications not showing up at all. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I recently updated my console to the latest firmware manually (I turned off auto-updates for the Xbox cause it would turn on randomly at night) and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/datninjaseam, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Xbox (Message) notifications not showing up at all.

I recently updated my console to the latest firmware manually (I turned off auto-updates for the Xbox cause it would turn on randomly at night) and ever since this update my main Xbox account hasn't been getting ANY message notifications at all - from what I can tell, everything else seems to be working which includes:

A person comes online

A person invites me to a game.

However, I have not been getting any message notifications on my main Xbox profile both on the mobile Xbox app (not the beta) and on the actual console itself - However I did manage to find out that it is only my account that is having problems out of the other accounts on the console because I managed to see if I get notifications on my Alt account and they seem to be appearing as normal. What troubleshooting steps have I tried?

I've tried to remove and re-add my Xbox profile to the console with a restart in between (It did not work)

I've tried hard-resetting (holding the Xbox power button down) and then testing notifications which also did not work

I've had someone log in as me on another console and it still showed my issue on their console.

I've reset but kept all games and apps as well.

Xbox Support suggested I disconnect the Xbox from power for about 10-30 seconds whichdidn't make a difference.

I have also made sure that I am not in Do-Not-Disturb mode which I have read prevents notifications as well. I've noticed this ever since the recent firmware update on 23/11/2019. I would also like to add that the messages DO NOT update in real-time for me on my main account which is the one I am posting this question from - the support representative I had spoke to (as mentioned above) said to test my internet connection and my connection was fine enough to send and receive messages. I have so many questions: Are there any troubleshooting steps missing? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

If you have experienced this issue, what did you do to resolve it?

Can I reinstall the software update for the console? Edit: I've tried resetting with keeping games & apps and this did not fix my problem at all. I also know that my 2nd Xbox account works completely fine and sends and receives messages like normally intended. Edit/update: spoke to Xbox support yesterday and let them know I had someone else log in as me from their console and the problem still occurs — they've taken this case and put it on "higher support" and I'm waiting for a reply .

Basically, Xbox support suspects it's from me being a preview customer. I read online on a forum post that unregistering from (Xbox Preview) it will revert my Xbox OS to the public stable version but it didn't do anything.

At this stage I don't wish to reset to factory defaults and lose everything.

I will follow up with a comment that includes the OS Version and if anyone knows a way to help me revert the version of my console to a more stable public version it would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/datninjaseam
    [link] [comments]

/u/datninjaseam, Dec 10, 2019
  2. YaroslavNalivay Win User

Try to log in in other xbox live

3. Seam ✅ Win User

Try performing a
    factory reset
    keeping your games and apps.
    Hi. I tried this method today as not only you but Xbox support have suggested it to me and unfortunately it hasn't made a difference in my experience.
  4. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

Because i believe you guys are in the xbox update preview group then it's best to report the problem on their reddit page as they can help you better with the issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/
  5. Seam ✅ Win User

Try performing a
    factory reset
    keeping your games and apps.
    I will need to make sure the person I am sharing games with is aware of it so I can go onto their account and do the home xbox thing, other than that. Is there another method?
  6. {Parity} Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox (Message) notifications not showing up at all. - Similar Threads - Message notifications showing

2. Notifications not popping up when getting a message

in XboX Insiders
    Notifications not popping up when getting a message: Whenever i get a message i'm not getting a notification for it. submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]
  3. Notifications and messages bugged?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Notifications and messages bugged?: Starting in December iv had a few issues with notifications and messages. I dont recieve a sound and popup notification anymore for messages. When i have a message and read it, it stays unread...
  4. Not getting Xbox MESSAGE notifications

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting Xbox MESSAGE notifications: Not getting Xbox message notifications after a recent enforcement ban, it was lifted early after appealing it but ever since then I am not getting Xbox message notifications, I get party and game...
  5. Xbox (Message) notifications not showing up at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox (Message) notifications not showing up at all.: I recently updated my console to the latest firmware manually (I turned off auto-updates for the Xbox cause it would turn on randomly at night) and ever since this update my main Xbox account...
  6. Why the change of how the pop up notification messages show up o my tv and how they work....

in XboX Insiders
    Why the change of how the pop up notification messages show up o my tv and how they work....: I really don’t like how the new pop up notification messages pop up on my tv. when they pop up on my tv now the pop up notification messages show up on my tv. then that just disappear after...
  7. Still haveing problem with pop up notification messages showing up on tv as well as Alerts...

in XboX Insiders
    Still haveing problem with pop up notification messages showing up on tv as well as Alerts...: I have been noticeing this issue coming up again I haven’t been getting any pop up notification messages showing up on my tv. I’m in the guide where the Alerts tab is there’s no number count here...
  8. my xbox one notifications no showing but only can see messages notifications and profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one notifications no showing but only can see messages notifications and profile...: ive tired to hard reset my xbox, ive tired restarting internet , ive triple checked that my notifications is ticked on but still nothing and i cant seem to find any sort of fix my friends still...
  9. Xbox app won't show notifications for new messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app won't show notifications for new messages: I've had the Xbox app for a long time now and recently (maybe after the update where it changed its name from Smartglass to Xbox app) my notifications for new messages will not show up. I've gone...
  10. My notifications always show that I have a new message but I have no new messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My notifications always show that I have a new message but I have no new messages?: My account always shows that I have a new message on my Xbox One S but I don't have any messages and I Deleted all previous messages just to make sure. Its also showing that I have a message in...