Xbox microphone not detected

Discus and support Xbox microphone not detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one s will not detect a microphone even though there is one pluged in. I have tried multiple microphones and two diferent controlers and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BedeVerified ✔️, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Xbox microphone not detected

my xbox one s will not detect a microphone even though there is one pluged in. I have tried multiple microphones and two diferent controlers and it still doset work

:)

BedeVerified ✔️, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Okay, I just discovered an issue:

The Xbox Stereo Headset's microphone does NOT work when connected via a USB hub, even if it's the only device attached to the USB hub. The microphone is detected, but it does not detect any sound in the volume meter.

As soon as I plug my Xbox One controller directly into the Surface Pro 2, the microphone immediately detects sound.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BedeVerified,

It's odd that both controllers would fail at the same time but through the process of elimination, we can safely assume the issue is with the controller's connection to the headset, whether it is due to physical damage or the controller's most recent firmware
    does not support your specific headset. All of the new Xbox One controllers update automatically wirelessly, but if this is due to a controller firmware incompatibility issue, then the only other suggestion I can recommend is to force a firmware update to
    both controllers using a micro USB cable or simply just go into Xbox Accessories and select the controller, then select Device Info, select Firmware version and force an update.
  4. BedeVerified ✔️ Win User

I tried it on my phone and it works so it might be the jack as you say but im slightly confused why both jacks on both controlers would fail at the same time
  5. BedeVerified ✔️ Win User

i have done what you said to do and it still dosent detect a mic on any of my controlers
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BedeVerified,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

In order to rule out the console as the issue, go ahead and do a
    hard restart and power cycle. Hold down the power button
    on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

Let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Xbox microphone not detected - Similar Threads - microphone detected

2. does not detect the microphone well

in XBoX on Consoles
    does not detect the microphone well: My control detects the microphone, but in the group it is not heard even in Skype, but it is monitored if it is heard but very low a95b5696-c060-4f71-8f2b-5191368f888a
  3. Microphone not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not detected: My Xbox One S refuses to detect any microphone on a wired headset. The mic worked fine, now when in a party, the Xbox shows that no microphone is detected. I've tried all of the following...
  4. My Xbox one can’t detect my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one can’t detect my microphone: Shortly after updating my controller, I notice my microphone is not working. I then go into a party and I get the message "we can’t find a microphone for these people” that’s when I unplug...
  5. Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?: I've recently set up my PC and Xbox One for streaming to my PC using the Xbox App. It works great with only minor hiccups (like large lag when getting an achievement). However one issue I am...
  6. Microphone no longer detected while streaming Xbox to Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microphone no longer detected while streaming Xbox to Windows: Essentially, while streaming my Xbox One to my PC, my microphone which is connected to my PC is no longer detected while streaming. It has worked before hand, but for some reason the Xbox app...
  7. Anyone else having issues with game capture not detecting microphone input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else having issues with game capture not detecting microphone input?: I’ve gone into settings and ensured that: -> Volume party chat output goes to headset and speakers. -> Allow broadcasts and game captures and mic on is selected. The volume is set to 5 and game...
  8. Voice not being detected over microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice not being detected over microphone: I have a Turtle Beach X12 headset that works fine on a PC. I purchased a TRS to TRRS adapter, which I thought would solve the problem. I tested it out and it still isn't recording my voice. I've...
  9. Controller issue, microphone isn't detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller issue, microphone isn't detected: I recently purchased and Xbox One S, and the issue I have is a bit odd. When I plug my Turtle Beach headset into the controller that came with the console, I can hear sound just fine, and I can...
  10. Unable to detect a microphone for this user - sky customer - new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to detect a microphone for this user - sky customer - new headset: Hi, can you guys help. Son replaced his headset with a turtle beach xone headset and got the error message unable to detect a microphone. we went through from start with a power down and followed...