Xbox Minecraft Cross Platform Issue

Discus and support Xbox Minecraft Cross Platform Issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We are trying to play Minecraft Cross Platform with someone on PS4. They have logged in with a Microsoft account, have been able to find our gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RacMac, Mar 28, 2020.

1. RacMac
    RacMac Guest

We are trying to play Minecraft Cross Platform with someone on PS4. They have logged in with a Microsoft account, have been able to find our gamertag and are sending us invites but we are not receiving them, and we are appearing offline on their cross platform
    friend list. We can't see them on our friend list.

We have the correct minecraft version, and the Xbox settings allow for cross platform play etc. Any ideas? Many thanks.

:)

RacMac, Mar 28, 2020
  2. I Rezyl Azzir I Win User

Doctor who skin packs on minecraft

did you buy them on the xbox one version or on the Minecraft cross platform?
  3. RacMac Win User

Hey BoyFantasticITA

We did all this, but Xbox player showing offline to the PS4 player, and the Xbox player isn't receiving any of the PS4 player's friend requests.

Thanks!
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey RacMac,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day
    RacMac!
  5. RacMac Win User

Hi BoyFantasticITA

We thought that was the issue at first because the Xbox player was indeed appearing offline, however nothing changed when we sorted that.

We have fixed the issue so I am putting this here for anyone else who might see. The solution was posted in the comments of the video you linked to. It might have been obvious to you and many others but not us!

We had done everything in this video, although following other instructions online. These instructions then just told a PS4 player to search for the Xbox gamertag and send a friend request in Minecraft.

However, what is not made clear in any online instructions that I saw is that the Xbox player also has to add the PS4 player as an Xbox friend via use of the Microsoft gamertag they have been assigned when they linked PS4 Minecraft to their Microsoft account.
    (I am also aware that the PS4 player can change the random gamertag if they wish).

Hope this helps someone else!
  6. BoyFantasticITA Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox Minecraft Cross Platform Issue - Similar Threads - Minecraft Cross Platform

2. Allowing cross-platform play onn Minecraft on PS4 through Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Allowing cross-platform play onn Minecraft on PS4 through Microsoft account: My son wants to play Minecraft online cross-platform with his friends. My son has got a PS4, and we linked to his Microsoft account. However he receives an error message that his account settings...
  3. Minecraft cross platform playing issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross platform playing issues: I have minecraft on my phone, it's version bedrock 1.14. My friend has it on His laptop, windows 10 edition 1.15. Why can't we play cross-platform? Every time it says that the client is outdated....
  4. Minecraft cross platform

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross platform: So I have owned Minecraft since July 17th 2013. I have only ever played on Xbox. I recently purchased a Laptop and would like to play with my xbox friends on my PC. Do i need to rebuy minecraft...
  5. Minecraft cross-platform

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross-platform: Hello players. I want play minecraft with my friends who is PS4. He can play cross-platform but me no. I didn’t receive code or anything for play cross-platform thanks for your help....
  6. Minecraft cross platform account issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross platform account issue: Hello, My son started playing Minecraft again with a friend. Since the friend only has an Xbox, my son has been playing on our Xbox. I told him about how everything should be cross-platform now,...
  7. Minecraft Cross Platform

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Cross Platform: Hello, I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Minecraft Store. I just learned that there is different versions of Minecraft. It seems i have a Bedrock Edition. Can i actually play with...
  8. Trouble playing cross platform with family on Minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble playing cross platform with family on Minecraft.: My parents are playing on an ipad and an xbox one, and i’m playing on switch. They connect to their world perfectly fine, but i cant see any of their invites after letting everything fully load....
  9. Minecraft and cross platform

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft and cross platform: I am on minecraft Bedrock edition, and i want to play a cross-platform game with my friend (who has a PS4) and the option to find cross-platform friends does NOT at all come up. can someone...
  10. Linking my Minecraft account to my Xbox or Microsoft account to play cross platform

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking my Minecraft account to my Xbox or Microsoft account to play cross platform: I am trying to play cross platform and Minecraft PC does not just have a button to link to my Microsoft account like PS4 does so I am wondering how to do so. d0078560-b105-4b80-af25-1ed9391cc9f0