Xbox Mobile App Messages Workaround

Discus and support Xbox Mobile App Messages Workaround in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; If you're experiencing issues with Xbox Messages not loading in your mobile Xbox app, here's a workaround you may want to try. Workaround Clean up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by RedHotTrouble, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Xbox Mobile App Messages Workaround

If you're experiencing issues with Xbox Messages not loading in your mobile Xbox app, here's a workaround you may want to try.

Workaround

Clean up your Messages history via your console or on the Xbox Live website (https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Social).

Background Story

I realized I needed to remove a lot of super old outdated message threads (aka "chats") with players I don't even follow today. But I found no option to "Delete" several of them since there were no messages inside the threads. It turns out that Microsoft
    emptied out old message threads when they upgraded their Xbox Messages system. I remember getting a warning / notification about this a couple of months ago but I did not clean up my Messages history then. Well, it turns out that as part of that process, Microsoft
    still left the empty threads (aka "chats") behind, taking up unnecessary space, which I guess the Xbox mobile apps were not programmed to handle.

So on the console, I found the following cleanup process the most convenient, at least in my case:

1. Move old empty threads (aka "chats") you need to delete by clicking "Move to message requests" (since no Delete option is available)

2. Go to "Message requests"

3. Highlight each empty thread under "Message requests" and click X to "Clear chat"

:)

RedHotTrouble, Sep 4, 2019
  2. SinistralSpark8 Win User

Thanks, I had some friends with that error.
  3. JazmenThompson Win User

That doesn’t work for me. I didn’t have a problem with old messages on there before, why does it start now? Is there any new suggestion or update from xbox any time soon.
  4. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Awesome thanks for the advice
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

My app dont work at all, no messages to show and when I try to download any capture I made in game the app never let me download and freezes the latest update for.the app was for the worst in my case ☹️😢
  6. Skepticality Win User

wondered how you deleted chats you no longer want, thanks for the walkthrough!
Thema:

1. Xbox Mobile App Messages Workaround - Similar Threads - Mobile App Messages

2. Xbox Mobile App Crashing

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Mobile App Crashing: Ive been having issues with my app crashing everytime i use it, ive tried everything i can think of from updating to deleting and reinstalling and nothing has fixed the problem. The app is also...
  3. (error code: 10) On the Xbox App on mobile

in XBoX on Mobile
    (error code: 10) On the Xbox App on mobile: Yesterday I tried to create a party on the Xbox App for mobile, but was met with "Something went wrong. Try again later. (error code: 10)" every time I attempted to create a party. I looked all...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Beta mobile app update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass Beta mobile app update: The beta app on mobile got updated with two new features: 1) See what's installed on your console, check available space and remotely uninstall things 2) We'll let you know when remotely...
  5. Can't send messages on the Xbox App on my mobile phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't send messages on the Xbox App on my mobile phone: I've tried many different methods but i still can't send or see messages on my Xbox App on my mobile phone. All it says is 'can't refresh feed'. I've tried adding my number, doing a security...
  6. I still cannot join parties on Xbox App on mobile phones due to this unsolvable error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I still cannot join parties on Xbox App on mobile phones due to this unsolvable error message.: So it is still happening again. I still cannot join any parties on phone. Right now, that is the only way I can communicate with Xbox Parties and it's tiring for me to see this message every...
  7. Mobile Xbox app notification for messages

in XBoX on Mobile
    Mobile Xbox app notification for messages: So, I have a child account and mum and I have been trying to figure out how to get the Xbox app on my iPad and phone to let me get notifications for my new messages... We've been searching for...
  8. Why can I not access messages from my Xbox App on mobile or Windows 10?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why can I not access messages from my Xbox App on mobile or Windows 10?: I can't access messages from the Windows 10 Xbox App. On my PC it says, "Try Again - We had trouble getting your conversations." After refreshing on my Smartphone, which had a similar problem, I...
  9. I can't send or receive messages on the console, desktop or mobile apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't send or receive messages on the console, desktop or mobile apps.: So for a month or so i have not been able to read my past messages, i can't send or receive messages. I tried this on two different computers on the xbox app, i tried this on my console as well as...
  10. fix your mobile app! it's impossible to load messages and the app keeps freezing and crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    fix your mobile app! it's impossible to load messages and the app keeps freezing and crashing.: this has been a recurring problem ever since the recent update. abb7fd4b-ea22-4a31-bae3-32adca74d58f