Xbox Mono Headset Not Working??

Discus and support Xbox Mono Headset Not Working?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, good evening or morning (wherever you are in the world) I am playing Plants VS Zombies/Titanfall and I am loving them, one problem, I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hardangelfan, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Hardangelfan
    Hardangelfan Guest

Hi everyone, good evening or morning (wherever you are in the world) I am playing Plants VS Zombies/Titanfall and I am loving them, one problem, I am using the headset the console came with, which is good enough for chatting with people, but one issue,
    i can hear them, but they dont hear me, and in other instances, they cant hear me and i cant hear them, but i do see their headset icon flashing, I was able to update the controller if that makes a difference but i am not able to hear anyone, something i am
    doing wrong? any help solving this will be greatly appreciated =) thank you

:)

Hardangelfan, Mar 15, 2014
  2. Hart Atttack
    Hart Atttack Guest
    MS Stereo headset monitor not working

I agree. What a huge disappointment. I can only imagine what people are thinking who bought a $250 headset... Back to my mono headset. And they originally were planning on not releasing the mono headset at all! Lol. I hope the feature can be patched in.

Hart Atttack, Mar 15, 2014
  3. KydDynoMyte
    KydDynoMyte Guest
    Using a 360 mic on PC

The xbox headset uses a stereo plug that has contacts for a mono mic (tip), mono chat speaker (middle), & ground (base). If you got 1 or a couple of adapters to accomplish splitting the 2.5mm stereo male plug on the headset into 2 mono (1L & 1R) plugs,
    one mono plug would be the mic and the other the speaker, they would both work on your computer. If you don't already have a collection of adapters, it would be cheaper to get a cheap PC headset and you'd get the benefit of stereo sound.

KydDynoMyte, Mar 15, 2014
  4. KydDynoMyte Win User

Using a 360 mic on PC

The xbox headset uses a stereo plug that has contacts for a mono mic (tip), mono chat speaker (middle), & ground (base). If you got 1 or a couple of adapters to accomplish splitting the 2.5mm stereo male plug on the headset into 2 mono (1L & 1R) plugs,
    one mono plug would be the mic and the other the speaker, they would both work on your computer. If you don't already have a collection of adapters, it would be cheaper to get a cheap PC headset and you'd get the benefit of stereo sound.
  5. Hart Atttack Win User

MS Stereo headset monitor not working

I agree. What a huge disappointment. I can only imagine what people are thinking who bought a $250 headset... Back to my mono headset. And they originally were planning on not releasing the mono headset at all! Lol. I hope the feature can be patched in.
  6. WARRIOR I M Win User

Come on Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, and Satya Nadella- please it's been years since launch and still no...

Allow me to reiterate, I want a mono wireless headset or an adapter for the 360 wireless headset to work on Xbox one. Heck, I'd be happy if they let me use my 360 wireless headset.
  7. alias8700 Win User

Xbox One Headset isn't working

Bump! Also having the same issue after the Nov update. The original xbox one mono headset works fine though.
  8. TheBradMenendez Win User

Microsoft Mono Chat Headset Question

Sure its the microsoft mono chat headset model 1564.

thanks,

brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Mono Headset Not Working?? - Similar Threads - Mono Headset Working

2. Headset won't work with wireless controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset won't work with wireless controllers: I have a Turtle Bay 50X wired headset. It doesn't not work with either controller. It did for approximately 2 months, but then it stopped. The company sent me a brand new headset and had the same...
  3. Xbox One Elite Controller - Headset Sound Flipped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller - Headset Sound Flipped: I dropped my standard Xbox controller from a height of 1-2ft and now it doesn't pick up sounds through the mic. I had exactly the same problem with my last controller and it makes it unusable. I...
  4. Microsoft Mono Chat Headset Question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Mono Chat Headset Question: Hi All, Picked up the Microsoft brand chat headset, and when I plug it in I see the headset icon on the screen and it looks like it works but I don't hear any game audio in the headset and when I...
  5. Mono audio from rear surround speakers. Bitstream Dolby Audio issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mono audio from rear surround speakers. Bitstream Dolby Audio issue: So I've been testing a series of audio options for my Xbox one x and have been getting more and more confused. First my set up. Xbox One > HDMI IN "HW-MS650 Samsung Soundbar (with wireless...
  6. Can I use this for a simple mono wireless headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use this for a simple mono wireless headset?: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ83070/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1VZFLY1LHVZ5R&coliid=I1OEIL15R6OPNS And a bluetooth headset set paired to give me a simple mono wireless headset?...
  7. Did MS design Xbox One with no way for a mono wireless headset similar to the 360 wireless ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did MS design Xbox One with no way for a mono wireless headset similar to the 360 wireless ...: is there a way for them to include an adapter to plug into a USB plus compatible wireless chat only headset? I can't believe they designed a consoleb10 years later that doesn't have a feature the...
  8. Can I ( we) use this to get a wireless mono speaker headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I ( we) use this to get a wireless mono speaker headset?: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-USB-Adapter-Bluetooth-USB-BT400/dp/B00DJ83070/ref=pd_sim_vg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YZVM0AEGBDCB0FQZQCD Then pair air it with a Bluetooth cellphone headset to get a unwired...
  9. Some sound/music playing in mono?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some sound/music playing in mono?: So I just got myself a xbox one today with forza 5. I hooked it up to my samsung hdtv using a hdmi cable with stereo uncompressed sent over hdmi cable. Hooked up a pair of stereo headphones to...
  10. Controller attached Mono Headset Not Working Since Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller attached Mono Headset Not Working Since Update: Hi all Just wondering if anyone can help with an issue I have with the official mono chat headset, which was included with the Xbox One, and if so did you find a solution. This past weekend I...