Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

Discus and support Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Xbox / Microsoft . When Renting movies on Xbox the Audio format for ALL movies should be clearly marked for each Resolution. When looking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by skatterbrain661, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

Hello Xbox / Microsoft .

When Renting movies on Xbox the Audio format for ALL movies should be clearly marked for each Resolution. When looking around a movies page on Xbox I Can Not find anything that Clearly lists or states what Audio format ANY of the movies are in & 4K UHD
    HDR movies should have Dolby Atmos. Xbox Supports Dolby Atmos so why is it I can't buy or rent movies in Atmos ? And if 4k Movies do already have Atmos , Great Then clearly Mark it . I've brought this issue up multiple times & I absolutely refuse to Buy or
    Rent movies on Xbox Because of this issue.

:)

skatterbrain661, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Zero420override Win User

Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

That's a very good point, you can always provide feedback as an Xbox Insider. Have you thought about going that route? here is a link with a FAQ about the program should you be interested:

Xbox Insider Program FAQ
  3. HuskySuperdad Win User

no dolby atmos sound,

update

tried a blue ray. plays audio through previews, and menu in "dolby audio"

But when the actual movie tries to play, no audio, as the format is dolby atmos.
  4. jangs-277A78D8-79CE- Win User

No 4K without HDR (xbox one x)

i have an older 4K tv with UHD, and when i set it to 10 bit with UHD on, i can clearly see the vibrancy and detail.

however, on the 4K test it shows the TV does not support movies and games at HDR 10, but supports 4K gaming @ 60Hz

theres other TVs which do show HDR 10 working with movies and games; however cheaper models will not give a full range and may just be a slight enhancement.

i would wait till 4KTVs standardize 10 Bit HDR and Dolby atmos, as theres very few TVs on the market now which truly show the potential of HDR.
  5. Gonzo562 Win User

Xbox One X Periodic Audio Cut Out - SJ9 & Atmos

I have the same problem, but my Xbox One X pushes Dolby Atmos to non Dolby Atmos movies. Also my Xbox pushes out HDR to non HDR movies. It's very frustrating that the sound cuts in n out even when I play Shadow of The Tomb Raider that's Dolby Atmos. Even
    Avengers Infinity War sound cuts in n out. Since I have a Geek Squad warranty, I took my LG SJ9 to Best Buy. They tested all Dolby Atmos scenarios and never once did they have a problem with the soundbar in Dolby Atmos mode cutting in n out. There's something
    wrong with the Dolby Atmos signal the Xbox One X uses that the SJ9 has problems decoding.
  6. QuickestTiger5 Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

Finally, I was managed to change to auto-detection and set up 4kUHD in xbox display setings and set up HDR10, without loosing DOLBY Atmos but in result 4kdetails is showing me following:

(Not all green ticks)

4k UHD active for 8bits and 50hz.(GREEN)

HDR10 active only for movies and TV (GREEN)

I have checked NETFLIX app via TV samsung and it is showing me HDR,supporting only Dolby digital,Dolby digital+

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDR10 is not active in games,

so I have checked the same movie in NETFLIX(via xbox one) is showing only 4KUHD but not HDR content but with DOLBY Atmos Sound (RED),

So not sure, whether is incompability between SONy soundbar passthrough and SAMSUNG TV ,

...or do you think do you have any proposals what to do to make all the green ticks in xbox one S settings without loosing Dolby atmos setup?

Thanks for you advice, I really appreciate.
Thema:

1. Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX - Similar Threads - Movie Buy Rentals

2. Buying movie from a different region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Buying movie from a different region?: Avengers infinity war is coming out in a few days in the US for download. I live in Europe and this is not available until later in August. Is there anyway I can change my Xbox settings so that I...
  3. I can't buy 4k movies on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't buy 4k movies on xbox one s: Hi everyone My question is, why cant find movies on 4k? I from mexico and only find movies into HD, i must do any special configuration to this? Thx. 7ff42a3e-93df-4d01-b17a-efdcb8657ba2
  4. Error code buying movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code buying movies: I keep getting the error code 0xc33507d1 when attempting to buy movies. This has never happened before. I've tried countless numbers of times. Please respond with help....
  5. Wishlist - The Option to Buy a Movie as a Gift for a Friend on Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wishlist - The Option to Buy a Movie as a Gift for a Friend on Xbox Live: Currently you have the option to buy games for friends on xbox live. I would like the option to buy movies for friends also. Thanks f1b712a3-0a54-4bb9-9492-26497efc05f7
  6. The worst video app ever. You buy movies and never watch without errors.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The worst video app ever. You buy movies and never watch without errors.: Worst video app ever. Never able to watch a movie I PAID FOR without an error. But you did get my money so I guess it's good for you. Thank God for Google Play Services. Never any issues there....
  7. Don't buy movies from Xbox ****Beware

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Don't buy movies from Xbox ****Beware: I've been a loyal owner of Xbox's since it's inception. I've purchased digital movies over the years, and today when trying to view Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter it wouldn't play, I received...
  8. I buy a movie with is not in my language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I buy a movie with is not in my language: Yesterday I buy me a movie wich is in English (In a German App store). My question is "can I get my money back?" Thank you for your help:) 4a4d9ae7-977e-4dbd-ad55-219827596c4b
  9. Nothing happens buying games / movies from Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nothing happens buying games / movies from Xbox: Hello, Since yesterday I am unable to buy anything from xbox. I have a Xbox One S and Live Gold. When I go to Store and click on purchase (or purchase with gold and so on) the screen just...
  10. Mircosoft Movies & TV: Newest episode of Nickelodeon TMNT not available to buy yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mircosoft Movies & TV: Newest episode of Nickelodeon TMNT not available to buy yet?: The newest episode from the fourth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012: The Power Inside Her aired on the network (Nickelodeon) on November 20, 2016. Today is November 30, 2016, and that...