Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

Discus and support Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Xbox / Microsoft . When Renting movies on Xbox the Audio format for ALL movies should be clearly marked for each Resolution. When looking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by skatterbrain661, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

Hello Xbox / Microsoft .

When Renting movies on Xbox the Audio format for ALL movies should be clearly marked for each Resolution. When looking around a movies page on Xbox I Can Not find anything that Clearly lists or states what Audio format ANY of the movies are in & 4K UHD
    HDR movies should have Dolby Atmos. Xbox Supports Dolby Atmos so why is it I can't buy or rent movies in Atmos ? And if 4k Movies do already have Atmos , Great Then clearly Mark it . I've brought this issue up multiple times & I absolutely refuse to Buy or
    Rent movies on Xbox Because of this issue.

:)

skatterbrain661, Sep 9, 2019
  2. skatterbrain661 Win User

Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

SinistralSpark8,

Unfortunately the information isn't shown. Ive written Microsoft/ Xbox about it multiple times over a few years , Its something that matters quite a bit & to Alot of people . Just as Resolution matters. I'm sure you don't buy Movies in 480p or 720p. When
    you can buy 1080p or 4k. When you have a 4k or 8k TV..... Well with Audio, when people spend Thousands of dollars on a sound system or have a Good sound system that supports Dolby Atmos then you try your best to only buy movies with Dolby Atmos. So you
    look for & buy your movies from some where that actully lists ALL of the proper information.

I encourage you

Go look at movies on "VUDU" there doing it correctly, you've got every Bit of information you need. It just boils down to you should be able to know exactly what it is your buying with what Audio format is provided with that Resolution for that particular
    movie.

For example

HD -

1080p , Dolby digital plus 5.1

4k HDR -

4K, HDR10 , Dolby Atmos,

It's that simple to just list what audio format a particular Resolution has for that Movie.

When you buy or Rent a movie on Xbox you have absolutely no Idea what Audio format that movie is playing in .

Here's another Example.

if one place has a Movie that's in 4K HDR & it only has Dolby Digital.

But then I go over to somewhere else & that same exact Movie in 4k is in Dolby Atmos for the same price, then where do you think I'm going to buy that movie from ?

And it's the same thing , if one place lists all the needed information for a movie, so you actually know what your getting & the other place lists hardly ANY information what so ever , where are you going to buy that movie from ?

It's not like its just something Audiophiles Worry about , but also a HUGE portion of the General Consumer base as well.
  3. airmattdog Win User

Most but not all of the 4K UHD movies available through Microsoft Movies & TV have Dolby Atmos audio. Unfortunately, it's true that the store doesn't display this information. I
    highly recommend leaving feedback for the Microsoft Store app through the Feedback app on your PC.
  4. SinistralSpark8 Win User

I thought the store show that, weird. Is something that is really important and I hope they put that.
  5. playgirlkayls Win User

I totally agree with you. I too refuse to buy/rent movies unless i know for certain about the audio
  6. skatterbrain661 Win User

I mean in 2019 , almost 2020 & 4k now being the standard along with Dolby Atmos ,pushing towards 8k . Places that don't provide adequate information at least in my case & I know in many other people's cases to. Just wont use that source for media consumption.
    And I dont want to see that with Xbox. Which is why I'm pushing harder now because I'd like to see this fixed on the Next Gen. Project scarlet
Thema:

1. Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX - Similar Threads - Movie Buy Rentals

2. Buying movie from a different region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Buying movie from a different region?: Avengers infinity war is coming out in a few days in the US for download. I live in Europe and this is not available until later in August. Is there anyway I can change my Xbox settings so that I...
  3. I can't buy 4k movies on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't buy 4k movies on xbox one s: Hi everyone My question is, why cant find movies on 4k? I from mexico and only find movies into HD, i must do any special configuration to this? Thx. 7ff42a3e-93df-4d01-b17a-efdcb8657ba2
  4. Error code buying movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code buying movies: I keep getting the error code 0xc33507d1 when attempting to buy movies. This has never happened before. I've tried countless numbers of times. Please respond with help....
  5. Wishlist - The Option to Buy a Movie as a Gift for a Friend on Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wishlist - The Option to Buy a Movie as a Gift for a Friend on Xbox Live: Currently you have the option to buy games for friends on xbox live. I would like the option to buy movies for friends also. Thanks f1b712a3-0a54-4bb9-9492-26497efc05f7
  6. The worst video app ever. You buy movies and never watch without errors.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The worst video app ever. You buy movies and never watch without errors.: Worst video app ever. Never able to watch a movie I PAID FOR without an error. But you did get my money so I guess it's good for you. Thank God for Google Play Services. Never any issues there....
  7. Don't buy movies from Xbox ****Beware

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Don't buy movies from Xbox ****Beware: I've been a loyal owner of Xbox's since it's inception. I've purchased digital movies over the years, and today when trying to view Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter it wouldn't play, I received...
  8. I buy a movie with is not in my language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I buy a movie with is not in my language: Yesterday I buy me a movie wich is in English (In a German App store). My question is "can I get my money back?" Thank you for your help:) 4a4d9ae7-977e-4dbd-ad55-219827596c4b
  9. Nothing happens buying games / movies from Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nothing happens buying games / movies from Xbox: Hello, Since yesterday I am unable to buy anything from xbox. I have a Xbox One S and Live Gold. When I go to Store and click on purchase (or purchase with gold and so on) the screen just...
  10. Mircosoft Movies & TV: Newest episode of Nickelodeon TMNT not available to buy yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mircosoft Movies & TV: Newest episode of Nickelodeon TMNT not available to buy yet?: The newest episode from the fourth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012: The Power Inside Her aired on the network (Nickelodeon) on November 20, 2016. Today is November 30, 2016, and that...