Xbox Multiplayer not working because of Teredo state

Discus and support Xbox Multiplayer not working because of Teredo state in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I've been playing Forza Horizon 4 (FH4 from here) the last couple days, waiting for a friend to get the new one so we could start together. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by perseusOnFH, Nov 25, 2021.

1. perseusOnFH
    perseusOnFH Guest

Hello, I've been playing Forza Horizon 4 (FH4 from here) the last couple days, waiting for a friend to get the new one so we could start together.
    The Multiplayer of FH4 had previously not worked for me for over a year, so I was positively surprised to just find it working the other day.
    Before, as well as from today, my Xbox Server Connectivity status is "blocked".
    I'm not a total newcomer when it comes to tech, so I'll list a couple things that I think may be noteworthy.
    1. I have reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my machine about 3 months ago.

2. I first started the game up again about a week ago. Initially I wanted to just drive around Solo again, but I just connected to the multiplayer regularly, so something must have changed for that to happen. I don't know what though.

3. I played the game fine yesterday, the 23rd. It's not working today.
    My router performed an update in the early hours of the 23rd.

4. Even after the update, the Teredo blocking function in my router is still disabled, so Teredo should not be blocked by it.

5. My Teredo adapter states this when queried "netsh int teredo show stat":
    ---------------------------------------------
    Type : disabled
    Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com.
    Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds
    Client Port : unspecified
    State : offline
    Error : none

6. When I change my Teredo type to "enterpriseclient" with "netsh interface teredo set state type=enterpriseclient", the new output is:
    ---------------------------------------------
    Type : enterpriseclient
    Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com.
    Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds
    Client Port : unspecified
    State : probe (primary server)
    Client Type : teredo client
    Network : unmanaged

7. In both cases, the Xbox Server connectivity remains Blocked.

8. Something curious I have noticed now as well as when I tried to fix this the last time: I can not find a Teredo tunneling adapter in my network devices. It is not listed, not even as disabled, as if it had been uninstalled.

9. However, not only is the Teredo tunneling adapter not in my device list, I also can not add it as legacy hardware.
    When I go to the Microsoft tab in the "Install legacy hardware"-Window, there is no Microsoft Teredo tunneling adapter.

I do not know where to go with trying to fix this. I'm just hoping to get this running again before christmas so my friend and I can play FH5 together.

:)

perseusOnFH, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Please check, or ask your ISP to check, if the following ports are open in your router and put the PC's IP in the DMZ zone configuration if you have a secondary router both must have the same configuration:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

To locate the IP of your PC: On the taskbar, select Wi-Fi network > the Wi-Fi network you're connected to > Properties.

Under Properties, look for your IP address listed next to IPv4 address.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Teredo IP issue

Hi NannaIsaksson! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Running these below in admin level command prompt actually got it working for me.

netsh int teredo set state disable

netsh int teredo set state type=default

netsh int teredo set state enterpriseclient

netsh int teredo set state servername=teredo.remlab.net
  4. Jodanity Win User

cant login on xbox live on windows 10

same problem, already reset the xbox app, removed my microsoft account, deactivated proxy, updated all apps, installed all windows updates.

i checked teredo via admin cmd:

netsh interface teredo show state

the output was "state: disabled"

i activated it using:

netsh interface teredo set state client

login still doesn't work
  5. DominumStige Win User

Teredo Tunneling Adapter doesn't exist on device manager and add legacy hardware

Mmmh, it's enough strange.
    At this point try to disable it manually and reactivate it with a "servername". Always from the command prompt, type the following commands and check if it works:
    netsh interface teredo set state disable
    netsh interface teredo set state type=default
    netsh interface teredo set state enterpriseclient
    netsh interface teredo set state servername=win10.ipv6.microsoft.com
  6. jhestech A+ Win User

Xbox App for Win 10 can't start a party or join a party, it says please update to newest version..... but I have version 48.48.7001.0000 updated moments ago

Hi,

Run CMD as an Administrator and Try these commands.

netsh int teredo set state disable

netsh int teredo set state type=default

netsh int teredo set state enterpriseclient

netsh int teredo set state servername=teredo.remlab.net
Thema:

1. Xbox Multiplayer not working because of Teredo state - Similar Threads - Multiplayer working Teredo

2. Forza Horizon 5 Multiplayer not working SINCE RELEASE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Multiplayer not working SINCE RELEASE: Hello! I have been playing FH5 since the Game Pass release, however I haven't been able to connect to any kind of multiplayer activity (Races, Eliminator, cannot do a major part of Playlist...
  3. Halo Infinite Beta Multiplayer does not work with Quick Resume on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Beta Multiplayer does not work with Quick Resume on Series X: Halo Multiplayer Beta shows that it is reconnecting when it is opened via Quick Resume. Once it reconnects and I join a match, it just gives me a barrage of errors. It works when I restart the...
  4. Astroneer multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Astroneer multiplayer not working: Cant play Astroneer multiplayer with my friend , it shows cannot connect , failed to connect and in astroneer discord server they said i need to make my NAT type open , i dont know how to do that...
  5. Multiplayer on Cloud Gaming PC isn't working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiplayer on Cloud Gaming PC isn't working: Kind of ridiculous I have to post this, as I don't expect anyone in the community to be able to help. 95% of the time, my multiplayer will not connect on MLB The Show 21. I've restarted everything...
  6. Game Pass Multiplayer not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Multiplayer not working: I recently bought xbox game pass and wanted to play Medal of Honor Airborne online. Sadly I couldn't create an online profile to play because i need an old ea account to play it. EA help could not...
  7. Work around for cloud gaming multiplayer?

in XboX Insiders
    Work around for cloud gaming multiplayer?: I was playing Forza 5 via Cloud Gaming and a friend has the game installed on his console. We were not able to play with one another. Is this a known issue and is there a work around? submitted...
  8. Teredo working, can't play Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo working, can't play Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer.: Hello, I've tried all methods to fix Teredo, and finally did. NAT is open, Server connectivity is connected and I thought all would be fine. But no. My ISP had a major crash the day before...
  9. xbox (on PC) multiplayer not working (Teredo cannot qualify & NAT type moderate)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox (on PC) multiplayer not working (Teredo cannot qualify & NAT type moderate): I've been trying to play fh4 & fh5 with friends and "Teredo cannot qualify" keeps randomly popping up. Usually I press the windows "fix it" button and restart the PC and it works, but sometimes it...
  10. Teredo wont enable no matter what i do, xbox multiplayer on PC wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo wont enable no matter what i do, xbox multiplayer on PC wont work: my gamepass xbox multiplayer is not working out of nowhere it was working fine yesterday. the network says that Teredo is disabled but nothing that i do will enable Teredo, ive tried the console...