xbox music on 360 wont play anything.

Discus and support xbox music on 360 wont play anything. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have 2 360s and 1 one, for some reason on one of the 360s it dosent play anything, music videos dont play and when i play a list of songs it just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Snjperman, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Snjperman
    Snjperman Guest

i have 2 360s and 1 one, for some reason on one of the 360s it dosent play anything, music videos dont play and when i play a list of songs it just skips them all one after another. the other 360 has no issues neither does the one.

anyone have an idea why? its on a different router, could a certain port that is not open be causing this? its driving me nuts.

:)

Snjperman, Mar 3, 2014
  2. Mister Parks
    Mister Parks Guest
    Can't play music FROM Windows 8 Phone TO Xbox

Hello Liekos,

The streaming and cloud features of the Xbox Music app require an Xbox Music Pass. You can stream music from your PC to your Xbox 360 using the System Music Player, and the steps at

Stream media using Zune or Windows Media Player

Let us know if that helps clear anything up for you.

Thanks.

Mister Parks, Mar 3, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 USB flash drive music transfer issue

The only way to transfer music to your HD is on CD. The only other way of getting music from your PC to play on your 360 is by making sure your 360 can connect to your PCs windows media player. That's really all you can do. iTunes still wont work this way
    either, just to let you know.

Dr Black Bones, Mar 3, 2014
  4. xbox music on 360 wont play anything.

Hey there

Welcome to the forums fellow Ambassador =D

Anyway, back to your question. When it skips the songs, does it greet you with any error messages or codes.

Are you playing the content at the same time on the consoles, or at different times on different consoles. If so, try playing it on one console. Hope it makes sense =/.

Lastly, you may want to try clearing your system coach on your Xbox that is refusing to play the Music. To do this please follow the instructions in the link bellow,

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Please post back any results you may have, and I will try and get back to you quickly

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Mar 18, 2014
  5. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums fellow Ambassador =D

Anyway, back to your question. When it skips the songs, does it greet you with any error messages or codes.

Are you playing the content at the same time on the consoles, or at different times on different consoles. If so, try playing it on one console. Hope it makes sense =/.

Lastly, you may want to try clearing your system coach on your Xbox that is refusing to play the Music. To do this please follow the instructions in the link bellow,

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Please post back any results you may have, and I will try and get back to you quickly

Regards,
  6. Photonimus Win User

USB (music)

No, that can't be done, you can only rip CDs onto your HD, and from experience I can tell you home made CDs wont work.

The system can play music from an external mp3, plugged in via USB, but it wont play anything from iTunes.
  7. NINJA3492 Win User

xbox music

Why do I have to pay $10 a month to listen to music on xbox one. This is getting rediculous anything you could do on the 360 you should do on the one. Nope you have to pay us to listen to music you already own cause $500 wasn't enough, we need more. Plus
    even if you pay for xbox music you also have to pay for gold or it wont work. That is microsoft for you ripped off twice in one fail swoop.
  8. Mister Parks Win User

Xbox Music Video Playback on Win 8 PC??

Hey Cheetah,

Sorry for the delay in hearing from us.

So, to clarify, you aren't able to play the videos from the playlist that you set up on your Xbox 360? The streaming of Music Videos is a feature of Xbox Music on the Xbox 360 console only. There's some info in our

FAQ: Listen to music and music videos on Xbox 360 with Xbox Music

The functionality to search, play, and view Music Videos is not in the Xbox Music app on other devices.
  9. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Music wont play

Hi there,

I would suggest verifying your Xbox Music pass subscription on Xbox.com.

You can refer to the following article if you need any help along the way:
    Xbox Music Pass for computers and devices

Let me know how that works!
Thema:

1. xbox music on 360 wont play anything. - Similar Threads - music 360 wont

2. XBOX 360 MUSIC TRANSFER NEED HELP FAST

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 MUSIC TRANSFER NEED HELP FAST: Hi , make 2 week i keep looking at getthing back my music from my old xbox 360 that i gave to my sister but i put 3 cd of music in it long time ago by extract cd.. NOW i need you help ,, how can i...
  3. Why can I not transfer music from Xbox 360 to Flash Drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not transfer music from Xbox 360 to Flash Drive?: After several hours of searching I've discovered that I am unable to transfer the CD files that I ripped onto my Xbox 360 to my flash drive. I'd like to know the reason to not allow users to...
  4. can we bring back the streamable music player from the 360 into the one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can we bring back the streamable music player from the 360 into the one?: Before the Xbox one changed things the one thing I wanna see back is the built-in music player from the 360 era where you could select songs that you added to your system and be able to play them...
  5. Xbox 360 music

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 music: So, I've got an Xbox 360 Slim hard drive with music on it. How would I go about getting the music onto my Windows 10 PC? I tried a USB stick, but the Xbox won't let me put the music on it....
  6. Transferring music from phone to Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring music from phone to Xbox 360: hi is there a way to transfer my phones music to Xbox 360 3458b623-0e58-4599-a23b-0e3b53849178
  7. Background music feature, Xbox 360 did it better

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Background music feature, Xbox 360 did it better: It was just announced at E3 that this feature will be coming later this summer. I am really confused why this is being treated like a new thing. The Xbox 360 supported this feature at launch and...
  8. Transfer Music from 360 to One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Music from 360 to One S: I have big question! Is there any way I can transfer the music I have on my XBox 360 onto my XBox One?! b3d0f55e-b548-460e-bcd8-8e416056b533
  9. Transferring Music From Xbox 360 To USB Device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Music From Xbox 360 To USB Device: Hi, If anyone could answer me this question it would be greatly appreciated! I have been trying to copy a song from my Xbox 360 for quite some time now. I had copied the song to the Xbox quite...
  10. Moving music from 360 to One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving music from 360 to One: Hey folks! I'm going to sound terribly cheap here, but I was wondering if it was possible to transfer the music on my Xbox 360's HDD, you know where you could rip music from a CD and listen to it...