Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off

Discus and support Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright this has been a devolving problem over the last year or so, every time my xbox turns off i have to factory reset it or it just sits on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trip4Free, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Trip4Free
    Trip4Free Guest

Alright this has been a devolving problem over the last year or so, every time my xbox turns off i have to factory reset it or it just sits on the loading green screen forever. it also often says the storage is inaccessible fairly often and will no longer
    save until i restart it dooming me to once again reset it. it stared almost a year ago only needing it to be reset once in a while but more recently has devolved to every single time it turns off... ive searched and searched but as usual with xbox "support"
    to no avail whatsoever, does anyone know how to fix this or is it just doomed and some sort of hardware failure? growing tired of reentering all my various info whenever i want to game or even watch netflix. notable call it side effects one time a buddy sent
    me a party invite which froze my whole xbox causing me to need to completely wipe the whole thing and re-download everything to get it to start up again, another time i tried to pause a game installing which froze it and did the same thing, opening the keyboard
    also sometimes crashes the thing and almost always takes 2-5 mins.

:)

Trip4Free, Jul 29, 2020
  2. FiveDinosaur792 Win User

Can someone assist me i have a blank screen but i don't think it is the black screen of death trouble shoot not displaying on my monitor as well (and the monitor is fine on the normal Xbox one)

You might need a factory reset, but first try turning off you xbox by the plug and let it cool down. Its been very hot lately perhaps it overheated.
  3. Paul1708 Win User

Xbox one keeps factory resetting self

Hello

That would be really strange if it was factory reseting every single time you turned it off.

Are you sure it isnt just signing you out of your account all the time?

The only time it would force a factory reset is if you left the insider program and that would just be the once.
  4. StarImpact1 Win User

Stuck installing instead of downloading or install stopped only Series X and S

Done all the normal turn it off and on again, factory reset them everything.

Lan and every game atm lol.
  5. Mr Boozyhead Win User

Data not Syncing

No reset your Xbox by holding the power button on the front until it turns off a factory reset means you need to install your games again
  6. RAGEOFRANGER Win User

My Original Xbox is not cooperating. I desperately need help.

I have done every restart and reset option there is. Hard reset, turning it off and on, unplugging the power, restarting it from the troubleshoot menu and both options for factory reset.
Thema:

1. Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off - Similar Threads - needs factory reset

2. My Xbox One X needed a factory reset but still wouldn't work I got a new Xbox and I'm...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X needed a factory reset but still wouldn't work I got a new Xbox and I'm...: Alright I had a Xbox update error and had to get a new one, my previous main account is permanently banned and I can't add it the new Xbox, now I'm missing 150+ digital purchases and 60 games with...
  3. Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also...: I had finally bought an Xbox Controller/Replacement that worked really well and it had pristine audio on it and it was doing a great job with how it powered my wired headset. Then, I updated the...
  4. Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly: Every time I have to either start or restart my Xbox One S console (like, every... single... effing... time...), the system will either get hung on the green screen or (in the rare case the thing...
  5. Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset: So basically the issue began 2 weeks ago when hulu would not start. The xbox said if the issue continued to do a power cycle, did the hard reset but when it came to the green xbox one screen it...
  6. How many times do i need to factory reset my xbox one console to get my friends list to...

in XboX Insiders
    How many times do i need to factory reset my xbox one console to get my friends list to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MountainDependent324 [link] [comments]
  7. 4 year old Xbox one s constantly needing factory resets.

in XBoX on Consoles
    4 year old Xbox one s constantly needing factory resets.: Ive had this issue with my Xbox One S for almost a year now. If i spend a long time playing games, eventually the dashboard will slow to a crawl and i will be unable to launch any games or apps...
  8. I need help please, been stuck like this for two days. Don't want to factory reset the console.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help please, been stuck like this for two days. Don't want to factory reset the console.: [IMG] submitted by /u/-ThassRezz- [link] [comments]
  9. I need some help please! Stuck on this screen no matter what I do. Factory resets haven't...

in XboX Insiders
    I need some help please! Stuck on this screen no matter what I do. Factory resets haven't...: [IMG] submitted by /u/FATstronaut5 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox needs to be factory reset daily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox needs to be factory reset daily: This problem has been happenig for the past couple of weeks where each time i go to turn on my xbox it will have a sluggish interface along with not being able to open any game, doing a hard reset...