Xbox Netflix parental controls

Discus and support Xbox Netflix parental controls in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has asked for netflix app on his Xbox one console. I have microsoft family set up. If i approve the app, will age restrictions apply on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by benbarber4, May 3, 2021.

1. benbarber4
    benbarber4 Guest

My son has asked for netflix app on his Xbox one console. I have microsoft family set up. If i approve the app, will age restrictions apply on the content? If so, how do i set them?

:)

benbarber4, May 3, 2021
  2. TomS_15 Win User

Can't Access Netflix Without Entering Family Passcode Since New Update

+1

With the Netflix update, parental control blocks the Netflix app. Before, parental control blocked individual movies on Netflix which is how it should work.
  3. TomS_15 Win User

Parental settings and Netflix

I tried to setup the parental control on the Netflix account but I am still required to enter the passcode on Xbox so my kids can't watch Netflix content of any kind unless I enter the passcode or give the passcode. Netflix support suggested that I remove
    parental control on Xbox which I think is unacceptable.
  4. MajorIris Win User

netflix problems

You may Need to contact Netflix. I believe Parental controls may be set!
  5. C4NTH0LDU5 Win User

Security Issues.

Hi, thank you for your quick reply,

I have also found these pages which are going some way toward helping.

support.xbox.com/.../parental-safeguards

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

I am still concerned that when the security settings are set to defaults it reverts back to the original password.

It also seems to be possible to change the parental controls without password prompting, I believe this is because there is a password to enter the live account at initial sign in and thereafter most settings can be changed - which is understandable - however,
    I would like to be able to secure parental settings yet still provide access to the xbox so that games can be played or netflix can be viewed.

The same default password is in effect for the Netflix app and even though I have changed the main xbox live password (the 4 digit number using the control pad) the Netflix 4 digit password has remained the same. This means that if an 18 certificate film
    is requested to be viewed when the prompt comes up the old known password can be used.

Will Netflix update to the new password?

I will tinker with the Xbox some mor eand get back to you!
  6. JSGrauman Win User

How do I remove content (apps) from my kids dashboard?

I'm in the same boat, the parental controls do not limit the home screen ads for games and movies. I have to turn on the xbox for my kids to watch Netflix and there's always some trash advertised there.
Thema:

1. Xbox Netflix parental controls - Similar Threads - Netflix parental controls

2. Dolby Vision not working with Disney+ or Netflix w/Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision not working with Disney+ or Netflix w/Xbox Series X: Recently upgraded from Xbox One X to Xbox Series X, and now Disney+ and Netflix no longer have Dolby Vision enabled. HDR10 shows up, 4k shows up, but no DV. This worked previously, and in settings...
  3. Xbox360 - netflix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 - netflix: Morning hive i need abit of help please Just got a xbox360 black edition Games - all run fine You tube - loads but comes up with unavalible at the moment Amazon - loads fine Netflix - dousent...
  4. netflix on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    netflix on xbox 360: why is it that i can no longer get netflix to open on my xbox 360 and when i click on the app my xbox 360 freezes up and have to turn it off to reboot it 7fa686d1-acbe-4025-9374-9a3ade038503
  5. Xbox keyboard controls/shortcuts for Netflix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keyboard controls/shortcuts for Netflix...: Not sure what happened but my keyboard shortcut for back is now insert instead of backspace or escape. Does anybody know if there's a way to reset or change keyboard controls for these types of...
  6. Screen going black during games/Netflix...

in XboX Insiders
    Screen going black during games/Netflix...: I know this is par for the course with getting preview builds, but earlier this week HDR10/AUTO HDR was grayed out. I sent traces and that is now at least available/checked. Now it seems that the...
  7. Netflix and Youtube app crackling and popping noises on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix and Youtube app crackling and popping noises on Xbox Series X: I have had the Xbox series X since launch, at first I did not have any issues with the console. However since early January, I haven't been able to use the Netlfix app. It started with simple pops...
  8. Child can't watch Netflix, Disney, etc, with me (the parent) being signed in also

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child can't watch Netflix, Disney, etc, with me (the parent) being signed in also: My daughter is in "My family" on the Xbox One. When she is not signed in, she can watch Netflix, but not Disney. If she signs in, she cannot watch either Netflix, or Disney. Of course, if I sign...
  9. Parental Controls (Screen Time) and Netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Controls (Screen Time) and Netflix: I have set a screen time limit on my son's Xbox, but when the limit is reached for the day, he switches over to Netflix and keeps using his Xbox. Is Netflix not controlled by screen time limits?...
  10. Parental Security Flaw - Accessing Netflix Without Logging In

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parental Security Flaw - Accessing Netflix Without Logging In: Hello. So here's the situation. I have my son set up with a child profile and I have Netflix (and Youtube) blocked from use when he is signed in. But I discovered that he was still able to...