Xbox Network Connection Issues

Discus and support Xbox Network Connection Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox Network Connection Issues Hello Niem, Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. First thing I would like to make sure of is that you were not... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Niem10, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Niem10
    Niem10 Guest

Hello Niem,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. First thing I would like to make sure of is that you were not using Port forwarding, DMZ and UPnP at the same time. These network settings should be used one at a time, and not in conjunction with each other otherwise
    they would not work properly.

Aside from that, have you tried using a different ethernet port on your network device or a different ethernet cord?

:)

Niem10, Jul 9, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Niem,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. First thing I would like to make sure of is that you were not using Port forwarding, DMZ and UPnP at the same time. These network settings should be used one at a time, and not in conjunction with each other otherwise
    they would not work properly.

Aside from that, have you tried using a different ethernet port on your network device or a different ethernet cord?
  3. itzD0GE MXR Win User

Do you have any Firewall enabled on the Nighthawk?
  4. RetractableSkel Win User

This could be a few things. Can you confirm via system logs that your router and modem are not disconnecting randomly/regularly? If you can view past logs, or look at them when this happens, just to rule out they are not causing this. Often a wired connection
    interruption on the router does not affect wireless, and therefore all looks at at that end. This is also true if you lose internet at the router, wireless will still look available, although you won't have internet.

Can you connect a laptop to the cable you normally connect to your xbox360? If you can, this would be good to see if the cable, or again, the router is the cause. Plug something else in that can use the connection for a while.

Lastly check the physical connection to the console and router, and any other related connections. Is everything in firm, and not likely to move or slip.

If the above all checks out, then yes, looks like you are down to the XBOX itself. You may want to get a repair quote before you go off and get one, since the release of XBOX ONE, it may be cheaper to get a new/preowned 360 console, which are now down in
    price.
  5. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Wireless Gaming Adapters: wifi

Hello Josiahmoore1!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the console connecting to your network. We will be happy to assist you with this issue. Are you trying to connect an Xbox One or Xbox 360 to your network?
    Are you getting any error codes when testing the network connection on the console?
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Is the Xbox One prone to network problems?

You can check your connection quality in the Settings --> Network menu. Multiplayer connection and Xbox Live connection will tell you if there are any issues.

support.xbox.com/.../network-settings
Thema:

1. Xbox Network Connection Issues - Similar Threads - Network Connection Issues

2. XBox360 network connection issue code 80151901 - I'm at a loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox360 network connection issue code 80151901 - I'm at a loss: Hi. I'm at a loss. We have a current Xbox live subscription, but suddenly cannot get Xbox360 to connect to our home network. Our home network is working just fine and other devices connect to it....
  3. Xbox issues connecting to a wireless network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox issues connecting to a wireless network: Xbox issues connecting to a wireless network Since my xbox cant connect, i cannot do the reset. So how does a soft reset help the issue? ff4ac545-b3e1-49fb-af2c-eb4e880b93a5
  4. Xbox Wireless Network Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Network Connection Issues: I've had my Xbox One for a few years now and it has been pretty good to me but recently a problem has popped up. For the last few mornings, when I turn on my Xbox it can't find any wireless...
  5. Network Connection Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Network Connection Issue: So my Xbox One is a year old and I haven't really had any problems with it up until about 3 days ago. Every 15-30 minutes I get disconnected from xbox live and party chat, which I'm sure most of...
  6. Problemas con la conectividad de la consola a la red [Network Console connectivity Issues]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problemas con la conectividad de la consola a la red [Network Console connectivity Issues]: Al intentar iniciar sesión me aparrce que no estoy cobectado a ninguna red , voy a configuración y reviso mi red ay si me aparece coml conetado la consola regreso a iniciar sesión y me vuelve...
  7. Network Connection Issue.

Network Connection Issue.: Network Connection Issue. Hi joe, Thanks for your post. If your console is not connecting to your router's DHCP server, you may want to set a Static IP address to your console. To do so, you must...
  8. NETWORK CONNECTION ISSUE

NETWORK CONNECTION ISSUE: NETWORK CONNECTION ISSUE Hi Jethro, Thanks for updating us with your reply. If you are not familiar with how to configure your router settings, etc. then we recommend that you reach out to your...
  9. : Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network

: Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network: : Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network If you get a router that supports UPnP, this generally solves the issue. I use a Netgear router that...
  10. NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues"

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues": I haven't had any issues in the past and my router settings have not changed. I always get open NAT showing in the xbox network settings i've tried different ports as well. Running out of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itzd0ge