XBOX no longer times out or cuts itself off

Discus and support XBOX no longer times out or cuts itself off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I believe there was a recent update to the system last week per the update history, and since then the console no longer times out per the applied... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OutlawNo55, Oct 18, 2019.

1. OutlawNo55
    OutlawNo55 Guest

I believe there was a recent update to the system last week per the update history, and since then the console no longer times out per the applied settings. I normally have it set to time out at 3 hours of non use so it will turn itself off. Lately it's
    been staying on all night if not cut off manually. I've also tested other settings such as 2 hours and no luck. This setting simply appears to be non-functional at this time. Please advise if this is a broken per the latest software update and would be
    corrected on a future release or if it might be system specific.

:)

OutlawNo55, Oct 18, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

HeyOutlawNo55,

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox forums support. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS]
    Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will
    reset the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up.

Hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. iareBRENDEN Win User

I have not had an issue with my console timing out.

Start with a hard reboot:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

I would maybe toggle the setting to "Never turn off", reboot the console, change the setting to your preferred time out, then reboot again.

If that doesn't work you can do a soft reset. This factory resets the console, but keeps games and stuff installed. (Keep in mind it does remove account and saved games, so only do this if you keep your console online which would sync games to the cloud)

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  4. iareBRENDEN Win User

If you have a kinect too it could be keeping the console awake. I searched around google and saw that mentioned in a Reddit thread
  5. THE IMMORTAL D Win User

Far Cry 3 Robbed At VGAs On Spike

the game won't be nominated until next years VGA. the cut off date for game to be in the current years VGA is sometime in november. far cry 3 just came out 3 days before the VGA. so there is no time for people to actually play through the game before the
    VGA's. it would not be fair to the games that have been out longer, or to far cry 3 itself.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself

Hi there Narlyflounder,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad the article provided by XBF Erick has worked.

Please keep in mind, if the issue persists, you may need access to another Xbox 360 power supply, try using that power supply with your console. This will help determine whether the problem is with the power supply or the console itself.

Note: Not all power supplies work with all Xbox 360 consoles. Do not force a power supply plug into your console.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. XBOX no longer times out or cuts itself off - Similar Threads - longer times cuts

2. Xbox Elite no longer vibrates in Destiny 2, can feel sluggish at times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite no longer vibrates in Destiny 2, can feel sluggish at times: First and foremost the vibrate function in Destiny 2 stopped working a few weeks ago, but still works in all other games. I am on the latest firmware, have changed batteries, changed settings in...
  3. Xbox screen time settings no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox screen time settings no longer working: Hi all I am having huge issues getting xbox scredn time settings to now work on my sons account. I have checked other forums and tried various solutions but none seem to work. The issue i am...
  4. Time duration showing much longer than actual

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Time duration showing much longer than actual: I logged in at 9:30am to play the 24 hour challenge. I played one game that was about one minute long, then logged out and turned off my computer. I resumed at 6:00pm the same day and looked at...
  5. Does this system ever work for longer than an hour at a time? Down again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does this system ever work for longer than an hour at a time? Down again: Why does this game keep having connection problems? d9cad602-e400-4a47-963e-5d53bd02f967
  6. Time taking to solve longer then actual time taken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Time taking to solve longer then actual time taken: Hi this is kind of trivial I'm sure but trying to figure out why if it takes 1 hour and 14 minutes to complete a challenge why does it say it took over 11 hours? You can not walk away from the...
  7. Xbox Music Pass Videos No Longer Play on 360 Display 0:00 Time; DO Play on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Music Pass Videos No Longer Play on 360 Display 0:00 Time; DO Play on Xbox One: I have two Xbox 360 and one Xbox ONE and use the same account/gamertag on all three. This has worked flawlessly up until last week when I launched the Xbox ONE Xbox Music app for the first time on...
  8. System Updates Every Time I leave my xbox for longer than 15 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Updates Every Time I leave my xbox for longer than 15 minutes: Does anyone know how to fix this issue?? Every time I leave my xbox for any longer than say... 15 minutes, I come back and "update time, your system wants an update". This has happened 3 times...
  9. Games freeze; take a long time to sign in; error in Sudoku says in-app purchase no longer ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games freeze; take a long time to sign in; error in Sudoku says in-app purchase no longer ...: I have had full version of Windows 10 since 2015. All updates have been applied. I downloaded and installed free games - solitaire, jigsaw and sudoku and play daily challenges regularly. Now it...
  10. (Major Software/Update Problem) Kinect No Longer Recognizes My Voice 90% of the Time, Works ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Major Software/Update Problem) Kinect No Longer Recognizes My Voice 90% of the Time, Works ...: Really hope to get an answer from someone at Xbox about this as I made a Reddit post at it seems I'm not alone. VERY recently (a few weeks ago) I noticed my Kinect (which has always worked great)...