Xbox no longer turns off with voice control after update

Discus and support Xbox no longer turns off with voice control after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have re calibrated the Kinect several times and it has not helped. I can turn the system on with my voice, go into apps, games, TV and everything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GhStRdR2k, Feb 16, 2014.

1. GhStRdR2k
    GhStRdR2k Guest

I have re calibrated the Kinect several times and it has not helped. I can turn the system on with my voice, go into apps, games, TV and everything else with my voice with no issues. I can say "xbox turn off" and it will bring up the prompt where you say
    "yes" or "no" but no matter what I do it does not recognize me when I say "yes" or 'no"

:)

GhStRdR2k, Feb 16, 2014
  2. bput1528
    bput1528 Guest
    Xbox One no longer turns off my audio receiver after Feb. 2014 update

After the latest update, my Xbox One no longer turns off my audio receiver. It turns it on just fine and controls the volume, but no longer turns it off along with my TV when I turn off my Xbox. Anyone else having this issue? It worked totally fine before
    the update.

I have a Samsung HW-E550 audio receiver.

Thanks, fellas.

bput1528, Feb 16, 2014
  3. robnyack
    robnyack Guest
    Problem Since the Feb Update

Problem for my xbox one ever since the Feb update......I can no longer shut down my console using voice commands.

-

I say "xbox turn off" and then the dialogue box pops up that says "turn off xbox? Yes or no". Voice commands no longer work at this point. I have to manually choose "yes"... or "no" for that matter.

-

Anyone else?

robnyack, Feb 16, 2014
  4. herosquad Win User

Tv won't work on my xbox one.

After the update my Vizio tv can no longer be controlled or turn on/off by the Xbox One. It was working fine before 5 he update. It won't let me set it up like before since Xbox recognizes my TV.
  5. SMG90x Win User

My X1 isnt turning off

Well before i unplugged everything i turned off the console by holding down the power button on the console.. What i meant to say was that after unplugging all cables and attempting to turn off the console again with my voice it began to work properly again.

Before i did that i turned it off by holding down the power button and turned it on again and attempted to turn it off with mt voice and the problem was still there. But yea after unplugging everything the problem no longer happens
  6. BrS HoKieChE Win User

Xbox One Kinect no longer works and my games either freeze or no sound after update

I had issues attempting to turn on and off my xbox since the update by voice commands. It acts like it doesn't recognize "on", "yes", and "no". I been using the controller to turn it off.

Will try this fix later on today, hopefully it works.
  7. TheBigBobby Win User

Video cuts out at key events

For this issue,

[quote user="HysHk yaH"]

A different issue (also started after the most recent system update) I can no longer turn off my console with voice recognition. The Xbox understands all commands except when it asks me if I'm sure I want to turn off the console and I say "yes".

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

try this.

1. Settings -> Power and Startup

2. Change 'Power mode' to 'Energy Saving'

3. Turn off xbox

4. Leave off for a little while (20sec's)

5. Go back into Settings -> Power and Startup

6. Turn 'Power mode' back to 'Instant-on'

7. Try the "Xbox turn off" voice command again.
  8. PhAnToMPINOY Win User

Voice chat through speakers

So I've found that if you turn on your xbox one through "Xbox On" voice command with your controller being off on start up and you join a party voice will come from the speakers/TV and same with your voice input. However if I turn on the Xbox with
    my controller and join a party it works fine with the voice coming from the headset. I don't know if that is just me or is the same issue that others are having, just wanted to try to help out :) *I usually have to turn the console off then on again to make
    the sounds go to the headset if already turned on by voice command (turning the controller off then on wouldn't fix the issue)
Thema:

1. Xbox no longer turns off with voice control after update - Similar Threads - longer turns off

2. Xbox One Will No Longer Turn On

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Will No Longer Turn On: My xbox one will not longer turn on, although the power supple LED is still orange, whenever I hit the power button on the xbox it just makes the "turn on" noise very quiet but doesn't actually...
  3. Xbox One no longer signs in, crashes on every game, and will not turn off after power surge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One no longer signs in, crashes on every game, and will not turn off after power surge.: About a week ago there was a power surge during a bad storm, the power never actually went off, it just made all the lights get really bright then dim, then went back to normal. In that time it...
  4. Xbox one s controller no longer turn on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s controller no longer turn on console: I recently got a Xbox one s and by recent I mean 2 weeks ago. I did some research as any gamer would and found out the I could connect my controller to my Samsung note book 7 through Bluetooth. I...
  5. Xbox One no longer powers on/off my TV/Cable Box/Receiver when turned on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One no longer powers on/off my TV/Cable Box/Receiver when turned on/off: I have my Xbox One connected to an audio receiver, cable box and TV. All 3 of these were recognized and would turn on/off with the xbox using voice commands. I did a hard reset last week as I do...
  6. Xbox no longer turns on/off TV/Audio and the Kinect no longer powers on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox no longer turns on/off TV/Audio and the Kinect no longer powers on.: I bought my Xbox opening day. I've had a few problems here and there but they seem to work themselves out. Last week my Kinect stopped working all together and the Xbox doesn't turn on or off...
  7. "Xbox on/turn off" no longer turning TV on/off anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Xbox on/turn off" no longer turning TV on/off anymore: So I was using this function all the time but now it no longer works. The only new variables are a new soundbar and new controller. I was able to connect my new soundbar to my Xbox and it can be...
  8. TV/receiver no longer turning on/off when Xbox turns on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV/receiver no longer turning on/off when Xbox turns on/off: Once again my Xbox One has lost the ability to turn my TV and AV receiver on/off when the power button on either the controller or media remote is used. This seems to be a recurring issue. Yes, I...
  9. Xbox One no longer turns off my audio receiver after Feb. 2014 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One no longer turns off my audio receiver after Feb. 2014 update: After the latest update, my Xbox One no longer turns off my audio receiver. It turns it on just fine and controls the volume, but no longer turns it off along with my TV when I turn off my Xbox....
  10. Logitech remote will no longer turn off the Xbox One after the Feb 14th update (using the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech remote will no longer turn off the Xbox One after the Feb 14th update (using the ...: Since the update, when I go to turn everything off, the xbox one will not turn off. I have to actually choose the device and then turn it off. Is anyone else having this issue? Crowley...