xbox not able to connect controllers to

Discus and support xbox not able to connect controllers to in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using a controller on my Xbox for a while now and when my brother wants to borrow the controller for his Xbox he is unable to connect any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LudoManningham-Buller, Aug 14, 2019.

1. xbox not able to connect controllers to

I have been using a controller on my Xbox for a while now and when my brother wants to borrow the controller for his Xbox he is unable to connect any controller to his, both wireless and by USB fail to connect the controller. Furthermore, the connect button
    on the side of the console seems to have no effect to the console (i.e. flashing Xbox symbol once the connect button is pressed).

:)

LudoManningham-Buller, Aug 14, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for marking our response as answered. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those
    reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there LudoManningham-Buller,

Sorry to hear your brother is having a hard time binding the controllers to his Xbox console. Is this an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One that you are having these problems with?

Go ahead and try and
    Physically Power Cycle
    the console and then give it another try, steps are the same with both console, simply press down the power button until the console turns off, give it a few seconds then power it back on. Once the console is back on go ahead and
    try and bind the controllers again.

Give this a try and then let us know if it has helped.
  4. Sensei061309 Win User

Xbox One X error code 0x800704cf

Everything is normal on internet but controller is not being able to connect to xbox one either even if I connect a cord directly into controller and xboxone console.
  5. Shadowskill08 Win User

Connecting xbox one controller to PC without Bluetooth

You are able to use Xbox One controller through a wired connection on a PC. Here is the support

page
    for controller connections to PC.

Hope this helps!
  6. averengonewild Win User

It is 10am 27th of October - where is the promised driver and the promised Xbox Accessories App?

HELP! my controller seems to be able to connect to my computer via usb cable and the wireless adapter but the Xbox accessories app is unable to detect a controller. When I first connected the controller via wireless adapter, it was able to detect it and
    there were some driver updates, but it disconnected halfway through and after many retries, I have yet to be able to make Xbox Accessories detect controller.
Thema:

1. xbox not able to connect controllers to - Similar Threads - able connect controllers

2. Not able to connect to XBOX LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect to XBOX LIVE: When I check network setting it says xbox live is unavailable but when I go online to the website its available. f6a81e82-9a11-43e6-a351-d397a180aaaa
  3. Not able to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to connect to internet: Ive had this issue for about 3 days now i have tried every solution nothing has worked my xbox will not connect to the house internet but will to my mobile data I need some help off anyone maybe...
  4. Will we ever be able to play our purchased Indie games w/o online connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will we ever be able to play our purchased Indie games w/o online connection?: I have never understood why we need to be online to access our indie library. I know that online support for 360 isnt going to be a thing forever and while the vast majority of these games are...
  5. WIN 8 games are no longer able to connect to Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WIN 8 games are no longer able to connect to Xbox: As of a few hours ago (all was fine earlier this morning), none of my WIN 8 games are able to connect to Xbox. Taptiles asks for my password and then tells me I already own it and then throws an...
  6. Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass: I've just got a new XBox 1, and got free trials of both xBox live and gamepass. However, Only I am able to use this to go online or download software. There are two other accounts, one of which is...
  7. Not able to connect to internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not able to connect to internet: On going issue connecting game to internet when have no other issues with internet. This is clearly an issue the game itself is having and would be nice if it would get fixed or will quit the...
  8. Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live: Im Able to get on YouTube with no hesitation on my xbox one but it wont officially connect me to Xbox live even though im connected to the same wifi and i have gold...
  9. Minecraft friends are not able to connect to my world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft friends are not able to connect to my world: Hello support, I recently tried to play minecraft cross platform with a friend. He is on Xbox one, I'm on PC. He used to join my server, but now he couldn't join me. We tried everything, we both...
  10. If I connect my Xbox slim to my computer would I be able to use my controller with my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I connect my Xbox slim to my computer would I be able to use my controller with my PC: Okay so I was thinking about getting the receiver but i'm trying to get a solution to this tomorrow. Would anyone think this would work? So I understand that a wireless controller forceful needs...