Xbox not accepting microsoft password, even when it's correct

Discus and support Xbox not accepting microsoft password, even when it's correct in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Changed my password for my microsoft account a few days ago. I use this account to login to my Xbox. Turned my xbox on today for the first time since... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TeeR1, Jul 27, 2019.

1. TeeR1
    TeeR1 Guest

Changed my password for my microsoft account a few days ago. I use this account to login to my Xbox.

Turned my xbox on today for the first time since the password change. Prompted me for my password which I expected considering I changed it recently. The xbox won't accept the new password saying to use your Microsoft account password every time.

Have tried:

- Restarting

- Deleting account and adding account

- Deleting account, restarting then adding account

- Shutting down, unplugging then adding account

- Changing password, then adding account with the new password (plus above steps)

- Swearing at it

- Threatening to replace it with a PS4

All of these have failed. I'm not inclined to do a factory reset since I can't find any information that this would work anyway. I can login to my account just fine on a PC using the same password.

Xbox/Microsoft got any answers for me? Fellow gamers - any ideas? Fairly fed up now to be honest.

Cheers.

:)

TeeR1, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox not accepting microsoft password, even when it's correct - Similar Threads - accepting microsoft password

2. Why microsoft won't accept my textfree phone number?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why microsoft won't accept my textfree phone number?: I been using textfree phone number to login my microsoft account with my xbox one in few year old but now it won't accept it. Please help. I really want to use my old textfree phone number. I...
  3. Accepted the $1 Microsoft month gold fo Xbox but still unable to play the game.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Accepted the $1 Microsoft month gold fo Xbox but still unable to play the game.: Split from this thread. Okay I'm trying to update my gold membership using my card and when I called me card it shows Microsoft accepted the $1 month gold of Xbox gold membership but I'm not...
  4. Xbox Live subscribe - My card is not accepted but I was charged of 2€ for Microsoft Dublin

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live subscribe - My card is not accepted but I was charged of 2€ for Microsoft Dublin: Hi everyone, I'm French, and I have subscribed for a 3 months Xbox live 3 months ago. I have a new credit card, so I changed my account information to pay for 3 new months, but it is not working...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire will not accept sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire will not accept sign in: i have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft solitaire. have logged in via xbox app but Microsoft solitaire is sill giving an error message and will not let me play. what is going on??? worked...
  6. Not accepting that the Sniper Advertising is automatically switched on the Microsoft Solitare ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not accepting that the Sniper Advertising is automatically switched on the Microsoft Solitare ...: Not accepting that the Sniper Advertising is automatically switched on the Microsoft Solitare page. This site is used by children. Have you ever heard of responsibility. Thanks for the immediate...
  7. Do the Microsoft Stores accept older xboxes for trade in/ upgrades when purchasing newer ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do the Microsoft Stores accept older xboxes for trade in/ upgrades when purchasing newer ...: Do the Microsoft Stores accept older Xboxes for trade in/ upgrades when purchasing newer systems? 1f56e9fc-4196-4de1-82da-9013f0dd66a8
  8. XBOX One does not accept password for Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One does not accept password for Microsoft account: We bought the NBA 2K17 Basketball game for XBOX one. It said we needed to download an update, which we did. Then the game installed. Now whenever we try to load that game or any other previously...
  9. why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??

in XBoX on Consoles
    why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??: i have been unable to get any help from chat line as will not allow me to input first name and surname. trying to redeem code on new xbox360 and at input asking for account password it stops ,...
  10. Xbox one not accepting Microsoft password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not accepting Microsoft password: My xbox live account has the same email and password as my Microsoft account. Today I started up my xbox and it didn't auto sign-in. I got to the log-in screen and put in my password. I pressed...