Xbox not connecting to tv, hdmi cables are plugged in.

Discus and support Xbox not connecting to tv, hdmi cables are plugged in. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox not connecting to tv, hdmi cables are plugged in. since the weekend my Xbox one s has been acting weird, not turning off, not recognizing... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by xioninja2, Jan 24, 2018.

1. xioninja2
    xioninja2 Guest

since the weekend my Xbox one s has been acting weird, not turning off, not recognizing controllers, and things along those lines. Recently, it started not recognizing my tv, even though I have an hdmi cable plugged into the tv and Xbox. I made sure the
    cable was connected, switched it to an input the I knew was working, and the same thing happned. I then held the xbox logo down for 10 seconds and restarted the console. That didnt work. I then unplugged everything and let it sit for a day, thinking that would
    help. I tried again, but to no avail. I made sure the vents were clear, and now the Xbox won’t turn off. How can I fix this?

:)

xioninja2, Jan 24, 2018
  2. uglyduck
    uglyduck Guest
    Can I Direct Connect XboxOne to TV?

uglyduck, Jan 24, 2018
  3. uglyduck
    uglyduck Guest
    Can I Direct Connect XboxOne to TV?

Na you cant connect your xbox one directly to a tv via hdmi. You have to first connect it to a toaster than plug the toaster into a receiver. Then the xbox one will only work after plugging your cables hdmi into xbox "hdmi in" port.
    Xbox not connecting to tv, hdmi cables are plugged in. [​IMG]

uglyduck, Jan 24, 2018
  4. braunman Win User

HDMI BLACK SCREEN.

It could in fact be to do with the HDMI cable or the plug at the back of the tv. First of all, check the cable to see if the plugs are loose and have a bad connection to the cable itself. Next plug it into the back of the tv and see if it wiggles around
    and doesn't make a solid connection. If the TV has more than one HDMI port, try the cable in those and see if they work.
  5. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

XBOX ONE has audio but no image

Hi howeyhuo,

Are you able to test your TV connection by plugging the HDMI cable into a different port, if your TV has multiple HDMI ports? Alternatively, can you test your a/v connection with a different HDMI cable? Trying those two will tell whether the issue lies with
    the TV, cable, or Xbox.
  6. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Netflix Dolby Vision Crashing / Locking Up Xbox?

Is your Xbox connected directly to your TV or a receiver? If connected directly to your TV, is it plugged into HDMI 1? Have you tried a different cable?
  7. FelipeAF Win User

Green Screen on OneGuide

I'm with the same problem. For me, when i plug the hdmi input from my xbox on my cable TV set-top, the tv works, but in a green image (i can see the image in different green tones, audio works).

But plug my cable TV set-top directly to tv (same cable, same hdmi port), it works fine, i don't have this issue.

If i plug my computer instead tv on xbox hdmi input, (same cable), works fine too!

So, my hdmi cable seems works fine, my cable tv set-top seems works fine, my hdmi cable seems works fine, the hdmi input port from xbox seems works fine, but this specific configuration, de cable tv device plugged on xbox, does not work!!!
  8. Internet Expert Win User

how do I make the xbox one stop looking for a tv signal

Are you saying you are getting no picture on the TV when the Xbox is turned on?

If so, troubleshoot these things:

- Ensure your HDMI cable (between the Xbox and TV) is plugged into "TV out" on the Xbox.

- Check that you are on the correct HDMI input with your TV settings.

- Ensure the HDMI cable connection is secure in both the ports of the TV and Xbox.

- Try a different HDMI cable.

- Try a different television set.

Read this support article for more details and troubleshooting steps: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
Thema:

1. Xbox not connecting to tv, hdmi cables are plugged in. - Similar Threads - connecting hdmi cables

2. Xbox one X HDMI connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X HDMI connection: So,. I recently bought a Samsung 65" 4k UHD tv (65RU740D from Costco) and i just hooked my xbox one x up to it today. We have an HDMI cable routed through the wall to connect without seeing...
  3. Xbox 1X - do i need HDMI cable to connect to an ASUS monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1X - do i need HDMI cable to connect to an ASUS monitor: Hello, I purchased an XBox 1X for my son for Christmas along with a monitor for gaming. Do I need to purchase a high speed HDMI cable to connect them? Or does the XBox 1X come with the connection...
  4. My Xbox 360 Only Displays When I Connect It’s Hdmi Cable Through Xbox One’s One Guide

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Only Displays When I Connect It’s Hdmi Cable Through Xbox One’s One Guide: My Xbox 360 only works with the HDMI on my television when I plug it into my Xbox one and use the one guide app. This means that me and my sister cannot play a Xbox console at the same time, it...
  5. Why is my whole display unsharp if I connect my Xbox 360 with my BenQ with a HDMI Cable ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my whole display unsharp if I connect my Xbox 360 with my BenQ with a HDMI Cable ?: I tried to connect my Xbox 360 with my BenQ Monitor. I used a HDMI Cable to connect them. After putting the settings on 1080p, everything is a little unsharp and even with other settings I dont...
  6. xbox 360S turns off any time an HDMI cable is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360S turns off any time an HDMI cable is connected: I've had my xbox360s for about a year now, and I use this one mainly as a windows media center. It has a LAN connection. It's connected via hdmi to a receiver, and the receiver is connected via...
  7. Connecting xbox 360 to HD computer monitor via HDMI cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting xbox 360 to HD computer monitor via HDMI cable: Hi there, I've just bought a new desktop computer with a HD monitor. I have previously had my xbox 360 plugged into my HD TV via HDMI cable, and assumed I could do the same with a HD monitor. I...
  8. Connecting via HDMI & Optical cable question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting via HDMI & Optical cable question: Is it possible to run an optical cable and a hdmi cable from my xbox one to my receiver without causing any conflicts? I assume, to use the Optical Cable, I would go into sound preferences, and...
  9. My Xbox 360 E 4GB has Red Dot of Death when an AV Cable or HDMI Cable is connected to the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 E 4GB has Red Dot of Death when an AV Cable or HDMI Cable is connected to the ...: Well, I'm kinda new to the Xbox System. Recently purchased it about 10 months ago. What happened was, I decided to play GTA V on my Xbox 360 E console, plugged it in a wall outlet, for some...
  10. Will Connecting Xbox One To TV and Cable Box Work Via HDMI Splitter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Connecting Xbox One To TV and Cable Box Work Via HDMI Splitter?: I only have 1 HDMI port on my DishTv Cable Box, it's what I use to connect it to my TV. To watch TV on my Xbox I have to run an HDMI cord from Xbox to the cable box but I only have 1 HDMI port...