Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender

Discus and support Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] My Xbox 360 E won’t connect to my WiFi extender. It works fine when it’s connected to my main router but won’t work with the extender. All my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NekoGirlAilene, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender

Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender [​IMG]
    My Xbox 360 E won’t connect to my WiFi extender. It works fine when it’s connected to my main router but won’t work with the extender. All my other consoles and phone works on the extender just fine . Can anyone give me some advice please?

:)

NekoGirlAilene, Nov 4, 2021
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi NekoGirlAilene

If you’re able to, please select the suggested solutions and post back with a photo of this. This would pinpoint and identify exactly what’s causing the error, and help point you in the right direction.

This troubleshooting page may help:

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection | Xbox Support

and

https://www.lifewire.com/fixing-common-xbox-360-wireless-networking-problems

Have you tried both a wired and wireless connection to the network? To clarify, this error only occurs when connecting to your Wi-Fi extender and your console is able to connect to the router without problems? What’s the distance and range from the extender to your console?

In this case, your Xbox 360 console failed to pass the first step in the connection to your home network. This usually means that your network is not set up or configured on your console correctly (incorrect password is a possibility) so I’d suggest verifying all the network settings are correct.

Also, if possible, try connecting the console to another network - a mobile hotspot, perhaps? If you encounter the same error with another network, then there’s probably a hardware fault (most likely with the network card) on the console somewhere. If this is the case, the console would need to be repaired or replaced.

For further advice, may I know the exact model of your router and extension?

Hope this helps! Liking the setup by the way :)
  3. Rise of Shipley Win User

wifi extender

your laptop and cell phone have stronger reach for wifi. if it is the wifi extender that was out in 07, then it is either not strong enough range to reach your wifi, or their being just to many walls between your extender and the router. if you connect it
    through Ethernet and still no connection then their could be an issue with the system itself
  4. Re-F5171C73-A8B1-4DD Win User

Halo Reach 360 Console only getting 11Mbs Wifi Speed

Id recommend getting a Cat 6 Ethernet cable and running a wired connection. It's a cheaper alternative to a wifi range extender. Monoprice usually has the best prices for cables.
  5. ScarTheMartyr19 Win User

XBox Wireless adapter for XBox One

You can always purchase a wifi range extender they are very reasonably priced
  6. KeyNumber964255 Win User

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection

That is happening to me as well. Did you find out how to fix it?
Thema:

1. Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender - Similar Threads - connecting WiFi range

2. Xbox One S can’t connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S can’t connect to wifi: I can’t connect my wi fi to my xbox one s it says there is a hardware problem but the Wi-Fi is fine. Any ideas? 98331c28-9eb7-451d-9b8d-035743f50f90
  3. Xbox One automatic wifi connection issues!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One automatic wifi connection issues!: My XBOX one Co sole works perfectly except it doesn't connect to wifi automatically. If I turn it off normally by the power button or by the controller and I turn it on again It's not...
  4. I did a factory reset because my xbox wouldn't connect to the wifi and now I'm stuck in a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I did a factory reset because my xbox wouldn't connect to the wifi and now I'm stuck in a...: I was having problems this morning even though it was fine yesterday and I did a factory reset. thinking it would fix itself. Now I'm stuck in a loop and I don't know what to do....
  5. Xbox not connected to WiFi when I turn it on for the past 4 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not connected to WiFi when I turn it on for the past 4 days: the past 4 days when I’ve turned on my Xbox series X it hasn’t been connected to WiFi. I go to connect to WiFi and there’s no options, so I just restart it. Whenever I turn it back on it’s...
  6. How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...: I have recently purchased a Xbox console for playing video games online because here in my city lockdown is going on and I wanted to play video games online and connect with my friends but I am...
  7. How Do I Connect with my re.rockspace.local WiFi Access Point(Ap.Setup) For WiFi Range...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect with my re.rockspace.local WiFi Access Point(Ap.Setup) For WiFi Range...: I have recently purchased a Xbox Gaming console for playing Video-games as i like to play alot video games online but the day i have bought the xbox console from that same day i am unable to...
  8. Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues: Can anyone help me out here? I have an Xbox One X and for some reason when I connect to the Wifi Extender's network, it connects, but it shows slow speeds and then eventually disconnects. I have...
  9. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection That is happening to me as well. Did you find out how to fix it? e5c45893-f855-42b3-91ac-d5781ec61e94
  10. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Cant connect to wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Cant connect to wifi: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Cant connect to wifi I can't connect to wifi. It keeps saying my network isn't set up 0913f31b-31b3-4aa6-a8fc-a473336cc31c