Xbox not controlling TV and Bose anymore

Discus and support Xbox not controlling TV and Bose anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, For a few years now my Xbox One has powered my TV and Bose Lifestyle 18 SII very well. This week I had an error message come up when I turned... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulBaker82, Oct 4, 2017.

1. PaulBaker82
    PaulBaker82 Guest

Hello,

For a few years now my Xbox One has powered my TV and Bose Lifestyle 18 SII very well. This week I had an error message come up when I turned the Xbox on (don’t have error code) and from that point on the Xbox won’t turn the TV or Bose on or off.

Everything is still listed on the device control and the settings haven’t changed so I’m at a loss.

Any ideas?

:)

PaulBaker82, Oct 4, 2017
  2. comedian1220
    comedian1220 Guest
    XBOX Live TV and Bose T20

I currently have a Bose Lifestyle T20 surround sound system. My XBOne is connected to the Bose system in one of the HDMI slots, and it works GREAT! however, when i try to use it for simple Live TV ( I do not have cable/sattelite) it tells me it can't find
    the picture from the TV. Currently the TV is plugged into the Bose system as well. I have however tried the following configurations:

XBone directly into the TV (and TV into the Bose), this way I lose the Xbox picture.

Xbox into the Bose system, and the TV into the Xbox. No signal on the TV and therefore can't see the XBOX.

Xbox AND TV both into the Bose. Xbox picture works fine on the TV, but trying to watch TV just gives me the looking for TV picture. (If i skip that

step then i just get a black screen.)

I have an LG TV, and the Xbox finds that fine and can control it when it asks to do so during setup. It also can find the Bose System when I tried to set that up from settings. But so far No TV!

comedian1220, Oct 4, 2017
  3. I have Bose cinemate series audio system and I am not hearing Xbox 360 sound from Bose speakers

I connected my TV to Bose cinemate series 2 and all the devices connected to that TV will get the audio from Bose system and I connected to Bose system via optical cable I am not hearing the sound when I connected xbox360 to tv via HDMi through Bose speakers.
    Please suggest

SubmarineSnake5, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Xbox not controlling TV and Bose anymore

If you are controlling those devices with an IR emitter, a
    power cycle
    can usually help restore that function.

Hope this helps!

Internet Expert, Oct 9, 2017
  5. Internet Expert Win User

If you are controlling those devices with an IR emitter, a
    power cycle
    can usually help restore that function.

Hope this helps!
  6. Upinya Slayin Win User

Universal Remote for XB1, Samsung TV, Virgin Media (TiVO) Bose Solo Soundbar & Apple TV??

@rand

sure it won't control all your consoles lol. but it will control your roku, xbox, tv, and sound system. I have a bose soundbar, direcTV reciever, samsung TV, and xbox and it controls all 4 of them with ease from my cell and via voice commands
  7. Fenris E Wolf Win User

No Sound using Xbox One with Telekom Media Receiver X301T and watching TV

Hi City357,

Please try the following so we can figure out where the issue is. Also due to the way you formatted your post several of the lines are cutoff. 1st go to each device and change the sound setting to stereo instead of surround sound and be sure to uncheck Surround
    Sound BETA on the Xbox One if you have it enabled. Try connecting your Media Receiver via HDMI into the Xbox One and then into the TV and then go into TV Settings Troubleshooting and select the Reset TV option and complete the setup. This will tell us you
    can get the full audio and video TV Feed without involving your sound system. If this works fine then connect your Bose sound system between your Xbox One and the Media Receiver so it goes MR>Bose>Xbox One>TV and see if that works. Then go into the TV Settings
    and setup the Bose under the AVR devices. If it works w/o the bose and not with it tells us the issue is with the Bose and we need to adjust some settings to get the Audio working.
  8. TokyoRose00 Win User

Analog speakers

Depending on your tv, you could always use your analog out of your TV to your bose system.
  9. DR1FTER22 Win User

Is it possible to let Xbox one support Bose C5 speaker???

yes. i got the adapter for the xbox one remote and bought a 3.5 mm audio cable (male to male) and connect it to the input on the bose companion 5 round audio control and you can hear the xbox one audio coming from the bose companion 5
Thema:

1. Xbox not controlling TV and Bose anymore - Similar Threads - controlling Bose anymore

2. A few short questions regarding my new controller's state

in XBoX on Windows
    A few short questions regarding my new controller's state: Hi, I'm being a bit paranoid on this, but since I was recommended in this forum to RMA my last controller because it had some kind of scratches in the A button, which ended up being cracks, I'd...
  3. Não consigo atualizar meu controle de Xbox One pelo programa "Acessórios Xbox" [Translation...

in XBoX on Windows
    Não consigo atualizar meu controle de Xbox One pelo programa "Acessórios Xbox" [Translation...: Oi, Não consigo atualizar a versão do meu firmware pelo "Acessórios Xbox" pois ele fica na seguinte tela: [Translation - Hi, I can not update the version of my firmware through "Xbox...
  4. What do your Xbox controller run on��

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do your Xbox controller run on��: If your playing from your sofa at a distance, wireless helps tremendously, but i game at my corner setup and use it wired so i dont kill batteries. sometimes i swap my hdmi to my big tv so i can...
  5. controllers are junk

in XBoX on Consoles
    controllers are junk: I would like to know why the xbox one controllers are made so poorly, I am serisouly on my 13th controller, they fall apart buttons crunching or falling out joystick become loose or bad input bad...
  6. bose QC35 & Elite Controller works only left ear

in XBoX on Consoles
    bose QC35 & Elite Controller works only left ear: Split from this thread. Hi, Works only left ear on my bose qc35 ii (i don't need microphone) using xbox elite controller. I found this solution and this works for me. But this solution...
  7. Xbox One Elite Controller & Bose QC35II

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller & Bose QC35II: Hey folks, Was hoping to find some solutions for a problem that seems to be common, but widespread across multiple layers of forum posts. My Bose QC35 II headset will not play game audio, game...
  8. XBox Elite Controller and Bose QC15

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Controller and Bose QC15: I have an Xbox elite controller and am looking for just game audio out of the 3.5 jack with my Bose QC15 headphones. I can't seem to get any audio to come through the headphones, but the...
  9. Covert Forces Controller and Bose QC15

in XBoX on Consoles
    Covert Forces Controller and Bose QC15: I bought the new Covert Forces controller so I could use my Bose QC15's while I play. I can't seem to get them to work. I use them with my PS4 with no issues, they also work with my iPod touch,...
  10. Controlling Bose Lifestyle 18 Series II

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controlling Bose Lifestyle 18 Series II: Hi I hope this is in the right place. i just worked out I can control my Bose system wits my Xbox, amazing! Apart from the volume up/down/mute controls will it control other features like change...