xbox not letting me change drives

Discus and support xbox not letting me change drives in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i put it to my D drive cause that's were i want to put it once i do that i go to download a game it still says my C [img] drive [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Turismo2k, May 28, 2022.

1. Turismo2k
    Turismo2k Guest

i put it to my D drive cause that's were i want to put it once i do that i go to download a game it still says my C
    xbox not letting me change drives [​IMG]
    drive
    xbox not letting me change drives [​IMG]

:)

Turismo2k, May 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Make sure your hard drive is NTFS formatted, also try to install games through the Microsoft Store app.

Follow these two steps, if one doesn't work, move on to the next.
    1. Press Windows Key + i and go to apps, search for ''gaming services'' click ''advanced options'' and then ''terminate, repair and reset. Try installing the game again.

2. Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter

“get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

Restart your PC, open PowerShell as admin again, and enter

“start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

The Microsoft Store will open and ask to install Gaming Services, install. Then try installing the game again.

If the problem persists, an in-place upgrade can solve the problem. On this link, you have the necessary instructions:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. AyeYaya Win User

My Ext. Hard Drive shuts my XBONE off/crashes

Thank you, but the other USB ports doesnt change anything and I’ve already tried other troubleshooting techniques. I cant change the setting for the hard drive because it wont let me use it in the first place.

I can only use the Xbox One when the drive is not connected.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox app not letting me select a drive

I'm glad this solved your problem, it's always a pleasure to be able to help the community.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Before we try any different solutions, please check if your windows is updated to version 21h1, if not update it.

To update your windows follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update

*If the problem persists, try the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

PC reboot

Install gaming service like you would normally

Solution 2:

Go to your windows settings, go to the tab>applications and resources>Search for Gaming Services, click on it, go to advanced options, and tap repair.

*If it doesn't work, try the alternative below.

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

*Thanks in advance for contacting us, it's always a pleasure to help the community.
  6. Ripper66678RipperCra Win User

the first option seems to have worked thanks for the help :)
Thema:

1. xbox not letting me change drives - Similar Threads - letting change drives

2. Xbox app doesn't let me change install location

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app doesn't let me change install location: I have been in the Insider Program for Windows Gaming for a while now. Today I wanted to try the VR mod for Outer Wild which didn't work because the default location is protected. So I wanted to...
  3. Im trying to buy something for a game and it wont let me change my country to a different...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im trying to buy something for a game and it wont let me change my country to a different...: As you can see it wont give me an option and yes i did try clicking it and noting happens if anyone knows how to if this can you tell me [img] 8473f6dd-c8c4-47ea-9184-0494c125d93f
  4. Xbox App doesn't let me change install folders in Windows 10 (April 2022)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App doesn't let me change install folders in Windows 10 (April 2022): The problem: I am running a desktop PC with Windows 10 Education. When I go to install a game in the Xbox app in Windows 10, a prompt appears to select the install location. I click Change, a...
  5. It won’t let me change my xbox gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    It won’t let me change my xbox gamertag: Recently I decided to change my gamertag for the first time in a few years, I knew I had a free name change still so I wanted to use it. I wanted to change my username to “” (my handle on all my...
  6. Why wont it let me change my birthday

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont it let me change my birthday: So im trying to get multiplayer on minecraft and its letting me change everything BUT my date of birth. How do i fix this? b846951a-af6e-4c6b-be87-ce2e8681fdd5
  7. Forza Horizon 4 PC won't let me change XBOX logins

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Horizon 4 PC won't let me change XBOX logins: I got suspended on Xbox live with a particular account. and I'm trying to play on PC, I logged in to my main account on FH4 and this account was suspended for no reason and the game won't let me...
  8. Halo MCC won't let me change email addresses

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC won't let me change email addresses: I have the MCC on Steam, but for some reason the Microsoft account is registered to one of my older emails and I can't change it to my newer address. 0ece4f9d-c5b0-463e-81c5-7a32c406e736
  9. Game Bar wont let me change accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Bar wont let me change accounts: I have a game which I bought via the Windows Store. I have two different xbox accounts that I use on it. When I switch to my other account it signs me in fine inside game bar but as soon as I...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 PC won't let me change XBOX logins

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Horizon 4 PC won't let me change XBOX logins: Long story short, when I was about 14/15 I got banned on Xbox live with this particular account. I'm now 24 and trying to play on PC, I accidentally logged back in to this account on FH4 and now...