XBOX not recording game for more than 5 - 6 seconds

Discus and support XBOX not recording game for more than 5 - 6 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, Off late I am facing challenge that I am unable to record game on my "XBOX ONE S all digital" for more than 5 - 6 seconds. I have tried power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XDX1907, Jan 14, 2022.

1. XDX1907
    XDX1907 Guest

Hi All,

Off late I am facing challenge that I am unable to record game on my "XBOX ONE S all digital" for more than 5 - 6 seconds. I have tried power reset as per many posts on such issue but no luck. Also I have enough storage space on the box so changing resolution ( as few posts say) is not some thing could be a problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

XDX1907, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

We will follow the steps on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...

First please follow this:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > Preferences.

3. Under Capture & share, please choose don't allow game captures

Then we will powercycle:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Lastly, Allow the game captures again:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > Preferences.

3. Under Capture & share, please choose allow game captures
  3. Noahgriff Win User

XBOX NOT RECORDING MORE THAN 6 Seconds

4. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

5. Galaxy Golden Win User

Are you spending time outside the game or are you trying to record it multiple times? If you go outside the game, then it cuts away from the clip time, and spamming the recording feature may also make your clips shorter than they should be.
  6. Cherry Dolphin Win User

I am experiencing the same issue
Thema:

1. XBOX not recording game for more than 5 - 6 seconds - Similar Threads - recording game more

2. Xbox Game Bar Recording isn't working error 0x80004002 on Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Recording isn't working error 0x80004002 on Windows 11: I've tried recording a game today but this error showed countless times. I've already successfully recorded the same game in my newly updated Windows 11 last December so this is new to me. I've...
  3. Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!

in XboX Insiders
    Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!: Yeah, we know that recording clips issues are already a known issue, but the problem is that now the console can't even play already saved clips from weeks ago. I have lots of offline clips that...
  4. I can't record for more than two minutes on Game DVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't record for more than two minutes on Game DVR: On the Xbox One I use to be able to record for up to two hours with the Game DVR. Now for some reason I can't record for more than two minutes. What gives? 2ca1684e-e226-48ef-ada4-073f29958a3b
  5. More recording options for Xbox Game DVR?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    More recording options for Xbox Game DVR?: I'd like to start off by saying that Game DVR is an AMAZING program. It records full 1080p video with virtually no lag/slowdowns and it does much better than any 3rd party recorders such as OBS...
  6. Xbox App Game DVR, "Nothing to record. Play some more and try again."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Game DVR, "Nothing to record. Play some more and try again.": Earlier today I tried to stream and record my Xbox One gameplay using the Xbox app. After starting the stream I pulled up the game menu, then tried to record. At about ten seconds the recording...
  7. There is nothing to record. Play some more and try again (Game DVR Problem) Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There is nothing to record. Play some more and try again (Game DVR Problem) Windows 10: I recently changed some things, settings and services (Please note all Xbox services are still on) on my PC before which I had successfully recorded some clips of Minecraft using the Game DVR on...
  8. Game DVR: "There's nothing to record. Play some more and try again."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR: "There's nothing to record. Play some more and try again.": Whenever I attempt to record some game play, I hit WIN+ALT+R to start recording. The red timer shows up and counts to ten. Once it reaches 10 seconds, It pops up a message that says "There's...
  9. Game DVR doesn`t record any more than 41-42 seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR doesn`t record any more than 41-42 seconds: Greetings, When windows 10 first came out the first feature that called my attention was the Xbox game DVR within the windows. It was an awesome tool to make new awesome gameplays and without the...
  10. Have Game DVR record more then 5 minutes of gameplay,maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Also in game chat!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have Game DVR record more then 5 minutes of gameplay,maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Also in game chat!: I would just like to record more then 5 minutes of game play well actually 9 with that method people use, but still maybe 15 or 20 minutes of gameplay recording would be great, like maybe let you...