Xbox not sending out Dolby Atmos or DTS audio anymore except for Blu-Ray

Discus and support Xbox not sending out Dolby Atmos or DTS audio anymore except for Blu-Ray in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X (OS version 10.0.18362.6065), a Denon AVR-S950H Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, along with a Klipsch 7.1 speaker setup in my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/savannahf2, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Xbox not sending out Dolby Atmos or DTS audio anymore except for Blu-Ray

I have an Xbox One X (OS version 10.0.18362.6065), a Denon AVR-S950H Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, along with a Klipsch 7.1 speaker setup in my home.

For the last year and up to this week (August 23, 2019), the Dolby Atmos display would show on the receiver when I was playing any Atmos compatible blu-ray, game, the Dolby Xbox app, Dolby enhanced game, or Netflix/Prime with Dolby enhanced movies. HOWEVER, I went to watch TV earlier this week and noticed that the Xbox seemed to be frozen. I turned it off, turned it on, and everything seemed to be fine but now I cannot get the Dolby Atmos display on the receiver when playing any games or watching Netflix or Amazon Prime. The best I can do is "Multi Channel". Dolby Atmos or DTS only works when watching a Dolby enhanced Blu-Ray.

I have performed a soft reset, hard reset and updated to the current OS version on the Xbox One X. I have performed a hard reset on the receiver. I even recalibrated the Atmos speakers from the receiver, and the receiver says everything is fine. I even changed out the HDMI cable with another 6ft high speed brand (Monoprice 4k, 18Gps). Finally, I unplugged everything last night and let the devices and cables sit with no power. Nothing seems to work.

I also have a RIG 800 Dolby Atmos compatible headset, and it seems to work fine. The Xbox One X will not send Atmos signals to the receiver. The sounds coming from the receiver and speakers are not what they used to be. Its like going from color to black & white TV.

In order to narrow the problem down to the Xbox and not anything else, I purchased an Apple 4K TV and plugged it in. The Atmos or Dolby DTS display was shown on the receiver. When playing Atmos or DTS enhanced movies thru Netflix using the Apple TV, it sounds much better than the Xbox does now. I like using the Xbox controller and not the Apple TV controller, but I now have no choice because the Xbox will not send Atmos or DTS audio to the receiver anymore unless its playing a Blu-Ray.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

submitted by /u/savannahf2
    [link] [comments]

/u/savannahf2, Sep 1, 2019
  2. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

What kind of sound card does xbox one X have?

Hello sizzle,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Dolby Atmos support on Xbox One and Xbox One S, with this feature it enables all Xbox consoles to pass Blu-ray audio data untouched to a user’s audio equipment, allowing your audio receiver or other audio device to produce a high
    quality, immersive sound experience.

Audio Components with Xbox one X:

DTS: 5.1

DOLBY Digital 5.1, TrueHD with Atmos

PCM

Hope this helps.
  3. Mister Beep Win User

Dolby atmos not working

Do you have a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, sound bar, or speaker system? If you do, have you changed the settings within 'Disc & Blu-ray settings' on your Xbox One to enable 'Let my receiver decode audio'? Currently Dolby Atmos is only supported within
    the Blu-ray app for Dolby Atmos compatible Blu-Ray movies.

Keep us posted!
  4. Koop10010 Win User

DTS vs Dolby Digital

Short answer: Dolby Digital.

I would assume the Xbox One's Dolby encoder would be 640kbps and the DTS encoder would be 1.5mbps. Does this make DTS better? Not necessarily, it's kind of an apples and oranges comparison. Comparing different codecs based on bitrates is pretty much useless.
    The best one to use would be the one that is native to the content you are playing.

So use Dolby for streaming, DVDs, and Blu Rays that are encoded in Dolby and DTS for DVDs and Blu Rays encoded in DTS. Games shouldn't matter, since the audio files could be compressed in different formats and will all be converted to PCM and mixed before
    being compressed again by the Xbox.

Actually, all audio is going to be uncompressed by the Xbox, even DVDs and Blu Rays, and then compressed again into Dolby or DTS if you select Bitstream out. The best solution is to just pick one and go with it.

I would choose Dolby, because most (all?) streaming services and most DVDs use Dolby for surround. This way the audio is always compressed using only one format. A lot of Blu Rays use DTS, however they are almost all lossless DTS, so when they are converted
    to PCM by the Xbox they show no signs of compression. They too will essentially only have been compressed by one format, Dolby.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Onkyo TX SR 444 ATMOS

Apparently dolby atmos will only transfer through hdmi and not optical,i was just wondering whether it is something to do with hdr
    Do you have "let receiver decode audio" enabled in Settings > Disc & Blu Ray > Blu ray?

And after that go to Settings > Display & Sound and go, under HDMI audio, to Bitstream format and select "Dolby Atmos for home theater".

After doing this the blue light for Dolby Atmos should be lit on your receiver when it is decoding Dolby Atmos input.
  6. Fuzzynavel-3E9E8D22- Win User

Differences between HDMI DTS and Uncompressed 5.1 Audio Options XB1

In theory PCM uncompressed can give you a pure audio without the need to compress the audio to a core dolby digital or DTS sound codec. DTS is a form of audio compress audio codec. I don't believe the any game has been encoded with a lossless audio. The
    xbox is doing all the audio decoding and you can choose what it outputs.

For Games: DTS or uncompressed should be the same audio with little to no difference.

I have tested both and I actually prefer the DTS output due to it being slightly louder.

If game developers start to make games with lossless sound like on most blu-ray disk then switching to the lossless setting would be the way to go.

For Blu-ray: uncompressed is the way to go, most blu-ray movies are encoded with either DTS HD-master or Dolby TrueHD. The xbox is doing all the decoding on the system chip and is out putting as a PCM to a capable receiver.

Now there are some problems with this and I hope microsoft addresses this in a future upgrade.
Thema:

Xbox not sending out Dolby Atmos or DTS audio anymore except for Blu-Ray

1. Xbox not sending out Dolby Atmos or DTS audio anymore except for Blu-Ray - Similar Threads - sending Dolby Atmos

2. Can't send messages on the Xbox App on my mobile phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't send messages on the Xbox App on my mobile phone: I've tried many different methods but i still can't send or see messages on my Xbox App on my mobile phone. All it says is 'can't refresh feed'. I've tried adding my number, doing a security...
  3. My Xbox app won’t let me send messages

in XBoX on Mobile
    My Xbox app won’t let me send messages: My xbox app wont load any of messages and wont let me send messages. Got no isssue on console but the app wont let me do anything with messages. Help please db0ca88f-89cd-4e3a-9226-efda6f28c9c3
  4. Microsoft keep sending me email alert on I need to pay them alot of money for game pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft keep sending me email alert on I need to pay them alot of money for game pass...: I'm not sure I can close this account and create an new fresh xbox live account will fix the problem. dee04e79-6da6-4288-a5ed-e90b20725d69
  5. Xbox app can’t view or send messages

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app can’t view or send messages: Hiya, I can’t view or send messages on the xbox app . Everytime i go into messages it says ‘ Live updates not available . Pull down to refresh ‘ . Been like it for 2 weeks now , it just sits at...
  6. Remboursement pour envoi de cadeau pour ami Xbox [Translate] Refund for sending gift for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remboursement pour envoi de cadeau pour ami Xbox [Translate] Refund for sending gift for...: Bonjour, J'ai envoyé un pack Déesse sur Paladins partir du Microsoft Store un ami Xbox, mais étant donné qu'il avait déj acheté le même produit, il n'a rien reçu de mon cadeau Quels seraient...
  7. My friend from Pc Send me the Battle Pass in Fortnite, but the battle pass don't appears in...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My friend from Pc Send me the Battle Pass in Fortnite, but the battle pass don't appears in...: Like I say, my friend from Pc just gifted me the fortnite battle pass, but I don't receive nothing. 83a1368d-4e20-4898-a033-3b66b2795b2c
  8. Sending photos from photo gallery to Xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Sending photos from photo gallery to Xbox app: So, i recently contacted Microsoft Support to see if there was a way to send some one a photo on xbox app from my photo gallery on my iOS tablet. They said no and told me to come here because they...
  9. How to send a clip from profile on xbox.com??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to send a clip from profile on xbox.com??: Hello, I want to send a clip to from my profile to Arcgames that shows a game feature is not working. But every clip I copy and paste has the account sign in requirement with it. Is there a way to...
  10. sending/receiving friend requests on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    sending/receiving friend requests on xbox one s: Hello! My son recently received an xbox one s for his birthday. We cannot, however, send or receive friend requests - 'so and so cannot be found' is what we get when we enter someone's gamertag or...