Xbox not starting after game crash

Discus and support Xbox not starting after game crash in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing on my Xbox One S today and after I attempted to load up a game it was met with a "Checking for updates" message in the game. After I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Narwhal Pirate, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Xbox not starting after game crash

I was playing on my Xbox One S today and after I attempted to load up a game it was met with a "Checking for updates" message in the game. After I assumed it had froze I pressed the home button to close the game and the entire console froze. I did a hard
    reset but now whenever I try to turn on the console nothing happens. The light activates and the controller charger turns on to indicate it is getting power but the screen remains black.

Sometimes if I wait long enough it goes to the green "XBOX ONE" screen where it sits for several minutes before reverting back to a black screen.

So I know the issue is not the HDMI connection or the power supply, what can I do to fix this?

:)

Narwhal Pirate, Jul 18, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Pirate,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. We understand there is a black screen when you start your console. You can try out the

guide for black screen
    . Try this out and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. CYR426 Win User

Doritos Crash Course 2

wait scratch my last comment, after the game finnaly started i played the first lvl and after completing it, it crashed and froze my xbox , and when i restarted it the same original problem with the game continued
  4. FLEJE is BacK Win User

Tomb Raider DE crashing (same spot)

What MJL87 said about the freezing/crashing issue after the plane crash and the guy with the shield, start a new game and reload the old save. It worked for me!! THANKS
  5. Red Spit Dragon Win User

Buggy

I have had the same type of problems. My game has crashed over and over again. Is there no warrenty with xbl downloads? It keeps crashing in wild west after you start the fire. For us playing with our kids it realy kills the mood. Using xbox one.
  6. ThirteenEgg9442 Win User

One X keeps Crashing!!

Hi!

I tried the soft reset and the two different kind of controller reset from the Settings menu. Unfortunately, after the re-installation of the game from disc it crashed again. When I start the game it gives the opening picture of the game and after 3-5 sec
    crash and turn off the console.

It is an Xbox One X

Do you have an idea for further step?

Thank you
Thema:

1. Xbox not starting after game crash - Similar Threads - starting game crash

2. Win10 game Mutant Year Zero: RTE crash before it start

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 game Mutant Year Zero: RTE crash before it start: I download the game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden in my PC with Win10 and Game Pass Ultimate and when y launch the game, show the intro, the "Press any button to start" screen and then when I...
  3. Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games: My new Xbox s keeps crashing (freezing and then turning itself off when I try to run another game/app) when I try to run Mortal Kombat XL and FH 4 from my game pass. Other games are fine. I tried...
  4. no games from store working , all crashing on start!!! plz help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no games from store working , all crashing on start!!! plz help: i am using windows 10 with amd ryzen processor and radeon vega graphics, i download asphalt 8 and sniper fury and to check candy crush saga but when i installed and tried to run..it just show up...
  5. Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”: I had to send my xbox one x back to Microsoft to be repaired due to no display upon startup. I exhausted every possible troubleshooting option and even took it to the local Microsoft Store before...
  6. Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”: I had to send my xbox one x back to Microsoft to be repaired due to no display upon startup. I exhausted every possible troubleshooting option and even took it to the local Microsoft Store before...
  7. Game starts to load, crashes with audio annoyance, returns to homepage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game starts to load, crashes with audio annoyance, returns to homepage: I have a video of what this is doing on my twitter @kalohomes. Known games it has does this to is madden and fortnite. Ive been able to play these games many times before they crashed on me! Has...
  8. Game update caused my console to completely crash and now won't start.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game update caused my console to completely crash and now won't start.: Hi, I recently updated my 'PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds' game to the most current update, a few games in I died after coming across an unrendered player (I could only see his guns). After this...
  9. Multiple Different Start up errors game crashes and trouble connecting to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Different Start up errors game crashes and trouble connecting to xbox live: My xbox one x repeatedly has start up errors such as E200 E105 E101 and some others i try troubleshooting and restarting still doesnt work ive tried factory reset still get the same errors also...
  10. Xbox One crashes when starting a game from instant-on mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One crashes when starting a game from instant-on mode: I have my Xbox One set to instant-on mode. Usually, say I'm playing a game, and just turn off the console. When I restart my console later, I'm able to just pick up the game where I left off. For...