Xbox not taking in discs by itself

Discus and support Xbox not taking in discs by itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey! Another issue i encountered with my xbox is that it doesnt accept disks automatically. I have to press the eject button to put discs into the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VideoFuzzball30, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Xbox not taking in discs by itself

Hey! Another issue i encountered with my xbox is that it doesnt accept disks automatically. I have to press the eject button to put discs into the xbox. And when there is no disc inside the xbox it will randomly try to take in a disc altough there is no
    disc being put into the xbox one.

:)

VideoFuzzball30, Aug 2, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello VideoFuzzball30,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console's disc drive is not accepting discs unless you press the eject button, and it is attempting to take in a disc even though a disc is not being inserted into the console. We recommend

power cycling
    the console by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Once the console has been shut down, you can unplug the device from the power outlet for one minute. Make sure the console is plugged directly into the wall instead
    of a surge protector. If this does not resolve the issue, the issue may be attributed to a hardware malfunction that must be investigated. You would need to

create a repair
    for the device. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. luissolid Win User

Hello Videofuzzball30!

This only happend with games? or also with Movies?

Try the following solutions if none of your discs will play, or if you insert a disc and your console doesn't recognize it. If your Xbox Home screen tells you to insert a disc when a disc is already inserted,
    that means it doesn't recognize your disc. In these scenarios, there are two possible issues:

• The settings for instant-on power mode can render a small number of consoles unable to read discs.
    • The console's disc drive needs servicing.
    Solution 1: If you use instant-on power mode, change power modes and power cycle the console

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
    3. Select Power mode, and then select Energy-saving.
    4. Perform a "hard power cycle" by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds. Once the console has completely shut down, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart it.
    5. Try your disc again. Wait a few seconds to see if the console recognizes it. If the console can now read the disc, you can revert to instant-on power mode.
    I recommend to check this article:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/disc-error

Regards!
  4. Nolez Win User

Manual eject not working.

If its really stuck inside the xbox then maybe take it to a professional. Trying to extract the disc by yourself may damage the disc or the xbox itself further.
  5. DraftMartyjones Win User

How are games now licenses?

The disc itself contains a license to the game to allow you to play as well as the game itself. When the Xbox loads up the game all it has to do is check the license and no longer reads off of the disc itself. The game on the disc is only utilized for the
    install process and not playing.
  6. Photonimus Win User

Fallout 3 expansion loop

The disc with the expansions is a second disc. The game is on a main disc.

You can't play the game off the expansion disc, so I take it the used copy you got is just the expansions, and not the game itself.

Your post sounds like you are trying to play off the second disc.
Thema:

1. Xbox not taking in discs by itself - Similar Threads - taking discs itself

2. Xbox one only takes disc halfway...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one only takes disc halfway...: I put my disc into the disc slot, and the disc only goes in halfway... It revs up, and stops... If I push it in farther, it makes the same sound and pulls the disc until the edge of it is flush...
  3. Xbox One X Disc Drive Won't Take Any Discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Disc Drive Won't Take Any Discs: Recently got an xbox one x, battlefield 5 gold rush edition. I have gone to put a disk in the machine and nothing happens, it won't take it, no matter what power mode the console is on? Not sure...
  4. Launching disc games after playing for a while it takes me back to home screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching disc games after playing for a while it takes me back to home screen: after I put any game disc in my drive it plays it for a little bit but it return me to the home page I'm upset because I can't save any data I pass before it returns me to home screen...
  5. When insert the game disc "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" it takes to read and hear in ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When insert the game disc "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" it takes to read and hear in ...: I have tried all ways to play it well without failure , also I tried checking in No se puede leer disco en Xbox 360 | No se puede leer disco en Xbox 360 | La Xbox 360 no se abre that code page and...
  6. My Xbox won't take in my disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't take in my disc: when I try to insert a game into my Xbox one, the Xbox doesn't accept it and never takes the game in, can someone please help 7ad3eb53-6a3c-4fa9-9ae7-2573650483f2
  7. Xbox won't take disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't take disc: My Xbox one won't take any disc. I've tried restarting my console and doing a hard reboot. But nothing is working. Also every time I press the eject button it says nothing is in there so please...
  8. Xbox one will not take discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one will not take discs: my Xbox one will not take discs in to it I've tried ejecting but it won't work. Any ideas on how to fix it? 5d6a9611-7a66-4658-a41e-37d54cf1802d
  9. Xbox One does not take disc after manual eject

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One does not take disc after manual eject: The console would not eject so we followed the instructions to manually eject. Now it will not take a disc. f4e22da3-5feb-4f08-9b3a-9b8dc8e13188
  10. So today I was having problems with my disc tray so I went to take off the face plate but when ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So today I was having problems with my disc tray so I went to take off the face plate but when ...: I accidently wrote it up there^ 5d5ba2f4-d0ab-47c7-9633-db120637507b