Xbox not video not showing for Samsung Q90R sound bar

Discus and support Xbox not video not showing for Samsung Q90R sound bar in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a samsung q90r sound bar and q80 Tv with all the right setting but since i need to run the “to tv” cable to my sound bar so i can play dolby... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JohnDombrosky, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Xbox not video not showing for Samsung Q90R sound bar

I have a samsung q90r sound bar and q80 Tv with all the right setting but since i need to run the “to tv” cable to my sound bar so i can play dolby atmos content, they two devices wont work together. Unsure if its an xbox or sound bar issue. However the
    sound bar works great when I play atmos content from the TV directly via Netflix and Disney plus. Any suggestions ?

:)

JohnDombrosky, Feb 3, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Are the Netflix and Disney Plus Apps installed on the TV itself (so the TV is the actual sound source), or are you using an external device for these Apps (like a Fire-TV Stick or other set-top box connected to the TV)?

You might have to contact Samsung support, so they could tell you if it's possible at all to get Atmos returned to the sound bar from an external HDMI source.

Since it costs an additional license from Dolby to return Dolby from an input to another output device, some TV makers won't allow certain audio signals to go from an external input to a soundbar or audio receiver, and only have sound that is produced by
    the TV itself go to an external audio system.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Typically you dont run hdmi out to soundbar unless you arent runing 4k or want to deal with latency

Best way to do what you want is a all devices direct to tv

If your tv has hdmi out then use it

But most likely not so digital optical out this reduces latency and graphical errors

More devices in a single chain is not good especially when you are pushing out Hdr content
  4. Robby Sayles Win User

5. atmos_frustrated Win User

Dolby Atmos keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X

Recently acquired the Samsung-Q90R soundbar supporting Atmos. Have everything set up, but as soon as I select Atmos as the encoding on my Xbox, no sound at all. Works fine with Dolby Digital and DTS. Never had a working setup before this update, but I can't
    get Atmos to play any sound at all.

Wondering if I have to take the Q90R back... it sounds great even without the Atmos, but this is supremely frustrating.
  6. BackwoodsRT Win User

5.1 Uncompressed audio via HDMI connection

Basically, I want to use HDMI for both video and audio (because it offers the best quality), but the sound is not working for HDMI connection. I chatted with a Samsung rep and they explained that the Vizio sound bar and Samsung TV might not have compatible
    versions of CEC (Consumer End Consumption) technology. I'm hoping that's not the case and that the issue is due to some minor setting that I'm missing in the Xbox One settings.
Thema:

1. Xbox not video not showing for Samsung Q90R sound bar - Similar Threads - video showing Samsung

2. Xbox one won't show video or sound and controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't show video or sound and controller won't turn on: I woke up to my Xbox not showing video,sound, and my controller will not connect I have tried already every single thing this website has to offer and nothing works I really don't have the funds...
  3. Video is not showing on tv when my xbox one s is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video is not showing on tv when my xbox one s is on: So a week ago I just bought a new xbox one s. When i first hooked it up it wouldn't show up on the tv. I used different hdmi cords and all of a sudden it worked and i played it for about a week. I...
  4. New version of prime video not showing in Insider Hub

in XboX Insiders
    New version of prime video not showing in Insider Hub: [IMG] submitted by /u/pastoak [link] [comments]
  5. Can someone in Alpha Skip Ahead make a video or show some images of the new dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Can someone in Alpha Skip Ahead make a video or show some images of the new dashboard?: Curious to see what it's like submitted by /u/Bennylegend [link] [comments]
  6. Which TV Show or Movie should be made into a Video Game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which TV Show or Movie should be made into a Video Game?: Most times we hear about video games being made into Movies. But if it was the other way around, what movie or TV should be made into a game? 61445f50-0669-4fab-9432-8656e4fab0f9
  7. Video clips not showing up after being uploaded

in XBoX on Windows
    Video clips not showing up after being uploaded: Using the "game bar", I recorded a clip from Rocket League on my PC, and it shows up in the "On My PC" category as it should. Then, I click the upload button, and it uploads like normal. However,...
  8. Flash drive videos showing up in Video Player but not in Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flash drive videos showing up in Video Player but not in Storage: I have some .wmv files that I would like to move from a flash drive to my Xbox's hard drive. The videos are playable in Video Player, but when I view the contents of my flash drive in the Storage...
  9. Youtube Library not showing favorite/liked videos and playlists anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube Library not showing favorite/liked videos and playlists anymore: Split from Youtube Library not showing favorite/liked videos and playlists anymore. Me too ! I can only see 2 of my saved playlists. Google ... Help ! a4616489-dc5b-4903-9d9c-21fd4eb2f71b
  10. Streaming on Windows 10 app no longer shows video since 1803 update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming on Windows 10 app no longer shows video since 1803 update.: I recently updated to version 1803 of Windows 10 and since then I can no longer stream from my Xbox One. Sound plays, but as soon as I try to stream "network quality problems" shows up...