Xbox not working over wifi

Discus and support Xbox not working over wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox is slow over wifi despite having a 5g router from Verizon fios and having other devices get the full speed over wifi.[View:[MEDIA]]... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gahilble, Apr 7, 2015.

1. gahilble
    gahilble Guest

My Xbox is slow over wifi despite having a 5g router from Verizon fios and having other devices get the full speed over wifi.[View:]

:)

gahilble, Apr 7, 2015
  2. DrSm00th41
    DrSm00th41 Guest
    Need phone number for tech support

wifi not working for xbox. Is working on my phone

DrSm00th41, Apr 7, 2015
  3. Jdh5153
    Jdh5153 Guest
    Can't play any online games, connected to xbox live though.

Connecting via ethernet fixes this issue, not sure why it's not working over WiFi. It worked fine for the last week.

Jdh5153, Apr 7, 2015
  4. TheJackah
    TheJackah Guest

Hey gahilble,

Thanks for using the Xbox Support Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're facing issues with your connection speed on Xbox.

May I ask, where exactly are you noticing that your connection is slow?

TheJackah, Apr 7, 2015
  5. TheJackah Win User

Hey gahilble,

Thanks for using the Xbox Support Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're facing issues with your connection speed on Xbox.

May I ask, where exactly are you noticing that your connection is slow?
  6. ChristopheDeppe Win User

Xbox on is not recognized in WMP for play to option

I definitely ran into that problem. I had the xbox connected via wifi and just couldn't get it to work, but as soon as plugged in the Ethernet cable and connected it that way, it worked pretty much instantly. I never was able to get it to work over wifi.
  7. Jdh5153 Win User

Can't play any online games, connected to xbox live though.

Connecting via ethernet fixes this issue, not sure why it's not working over WiFi. It worked fine for the last week.
  8. Mistress Sara Win User

Home Xbox Over WiFi

Hi there,

Best place to post feedback and suggestions such is this is at
    https://xbox.uservoice.com
    where the right people will see it that can do something about it.
  9. ZDGZ Win User

Unable to connect to Xbox live and internet

Check you hardware, modem, router, cables, try to reset then , so try to connect on xbox, make a connection test on network section on settings. maybe it help
    Hi thanks for replying.

I had already checked the manual connections and reset everything, but sometimes there was a fleeting internet connection and sometimes not.

I then changed the channel on the router and the xbox is now working.

Just to point out for anyone else who may also encounter a similar problem. Despite the xbox not working or connecting to the wifi, all other home devices were working fine on our wifi.

I am happy to say that all over devices AND now the xbox are working on the new wifi channel.
Thema:

1. Xbox not working over wifi - Similar Threads - working wifi

2. WiFi isn't working

in XBoX Accessibility
    WiFi isn't working: My wifi is connected but it isnt working what should i do? bb2f94d5-7a5f-4d94-b47c-4267175f77d9
  3. Wifi is perfect but doesnt work on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wifi is perfect but doesnt work on my xbox: Hello everybody . I'm looking for help desperately! My phone ,laptop and others are connected to my wifi and usually my xbox is aswell and all works perfectly . This morning I woke up to have 0...
  4. Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues: Can anyone help me out here? I have an Xbox One X and for some reason when I connect to the Wifi Extender's network, it connects, but it shows slow speeds and then eventually disconnects. I have...
  5. xbox one smartglass app and xbox one companion won't work on same Verizon WiFi

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one smartglass app and xbox one companion won't work on same Verizon WiFi: I was trying to stream my xbox to my computer. I have windows 10 home. I then tried the xbox phone app and that wasn't working either. I have done all the diagnostic stuff. My xbox nat is open and...
  6. WIFI on Xbox One stopped working one day

in XBoX on Consoles
    WIFI on Xbox One stopped working one day: So for as long as I've had my Xbox One, I played it wireless. Then one day, it randomly stopped working. The Xbox still detects my router but does not have Internet connection. The ISP did not...
  7. Xbox iOS app party chat not working on WiFi but works on 4g

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox iOS app party chat not working on WiFi but works on 4g: My sons xbox app on iphone and on ipad stopped working a couple of months back. The app loads fine but when he tries to join any voice chat the app says “something went wrong” and crashes....
  8. Xcloud streaming is working great on Galaxy s9 but only with 5G wifi. I can see the future...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud streaming is working great on Galaxy s9 but only with 5G wifi. I can see the future...: [IMG] submitted by /u/donttrusthumans [link] [comments]
  9. Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?

in XboX Insiders
    Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?: submitted by /u/Hacccystanley [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox wifi not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wifi not working: My wifi on my xbox stopped working and now my xbox wifi only works with ethernet. Is there any way to fix this? a535fff6-37ce-4e00-b6d1-20d592965bf1