Xbox notifications sounds ruin game audio for 5+ seconds?

Discus and support Xbox notifications sounds ruin game audio for 5+ seconds? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey guys, Sorry if this has been asked before but I’m having some issues with Xbox sound and I’m not sure like what “hot words” to use to find the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Cyaaj, Jan 8, 2022.

1. /u/Cyaaj
    /u/Cyaaj Guest

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I’m having some issues with Xbox sound and I’m not sure like what “hot words” to use to find the specific issue in a search (I’ve tried a million times).

The issue: I’ll be playing a game, happy as Larry and then get a notification, standard stuff. The problem is, when the notification pops the game goes from very “rich” audio to a very noticeable, downgraded, tinny audio (that even disables surround sound) for the duration of the notification while it plays its “ba bloop!” notification sound. The notification then completes, shrinking away and the sound will stay in this degraded state for another second or so before you hear the game audio I guess “recalibrate” and sort of stutter back into the original full crisp audio. It’s really immersion braking (as lame as that sounds).

I know it sounds petty but I’ve been dealing with it for about a year and it’s really starting to annoy me. The reason I’ve finally made this post is because it happened during a emotional climax cutscene in a game I was playing, completely taking me out of the moment (guardians of the galaxy if anyone cares haha).

It’s gotten to the point where I’ve turned off all notifications besides party invites which means I’m effectively neutering my awareness because of this glitch which is frustrating. I don’t even have achievements notis on anymore which sucks as they were one of my favourite Xbox features.

My set up: - I am an Xbox insider but as I mentioned, it’s been happening for about a year so surely not because I’m a few updates ahead or whatever. - I’m playing on a series X, elite 2 controller (not that it matters?). - I play on a LG CX OLED with a LG sound bar + surround sound. - I have Dolby vision, 4K and Dolby atmos all on and enabled if that makes any difference.

My friends all play on monitors and headsets and say they have no idea what I’m talking about. Not to sound like an asshole, but I’ve spent a fair bit of money on my set up and it feels like I’m having issues that cheaper set ups aren’t experiencing so any help would really be appreciated. Thanks guys.

submitted by /u/Cyaaj
    [link] [comments]

/u/Cyaaj, Jan 8, 2022
  2. colllecionador Win User

Something I noticed...

Greetings c0ncept2,

I'm sorry for your problem. Let me try to help you. The "bink" sound wasn't removed by the last patch.

To enable audio notification under your Xbox360 please follow these steps:

1. From the home menu go to Settings

2. Select "System" and press A to validate.

3. Go to Preferences > Notifications

4. Check "Play Sound"

5. Press A to validate.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Sounds when join

This page has how to get to the settings for notifications. It's either in there that the setting is to turn on/off audio option for notifications or in Sound & Audio settings. Check there and see if it's set to give an audio queue. If you can't find
    it, let us know, and I'll see if I can track down where that setting is.
  4. Tcox22 Win User

7.1 uncompressed will not use the side surrounds when watching tv! Please fix with an update.

Did you update to the February preview? I'm having the same issue only with a soundbar instead of a 7.1 system. Everything sounds fine when I play a game or when a notification comes through, but I have no rear channel audio through the TV app.
  5. Pinbot Fembot 1 Win User

Music to Jam to While Playing XBox

No musicz. It ruins the game for me. Need to hear the in-game audio. Plus I am old.
  6. luissolid Win User

Gears 5 MS please changes the studio

I really enjoyed the audio from Gears 5. But tell us what you doing like from the audio? Music? Sounds? Voice acting?

Regards!
Thema:

1. Xbox notifications sounds ruin game audio for 5+ seconds? - Similar Threads - notifications sounds ruin

2. No notification sound on Xbox Family on iPhone

in XBoX on Mobile
    No notification sound on Xbox Family on iPhone: Hello, I have been using the Xbox Family app on a few iPhones and for whatever reason, when a request is sent for additional time, I only receive a popup and no sound. So unless I am watching the...
  3. How Do You Disable Xbox Achievement/s Notification Sound?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do You Disable Xbox Achievement/s Notification Sound?: I want to disable volume of Xbox Achievement/s on my Xbox Series X. How would I go about disabling this? 92aa2431-c29d-4e1a-9446-ee1322d59f5c
  4. Notification Sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notification Sound: Now this isn’t really a big deal, but its annoying. I’m on the series x and I don’t get the notification noise. 43229992-0c23-4b2f-ab7f-5a934ce7bd01
  5. No Sound for Achievement Notifications

in XboX Insiders
    No Sound for Achievement Notifications: In Alpha Skip ahead. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Reported it today. submitted by /u/mdboomer [link] [comments]
  6. Achievement sounds are inaudible and all other notification sounds as well

in XboX Insiders
    Achievement sounds are inaudible and all other notification sounds as well: Every time I unlock an achievement the unlocking sound is not present same Goes for the messages and favorite friends going online the audio is simply Not there submitted by /u/SynergyRamoz...
  7. No notification sounds on Series x for Achievements, Messages, Party invites etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No notification sounds on Series x for Achievements, Messages, Party invites etc.: So smooth sailing for my new Series X, minus the no sound when I get notifications ?! I have checked all setting on the app and on my Xbox and I'm wondering if this will be addressed in a future...
  8. Xbox Series X Notification Sound Stopped Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Notification Sound Stopped Working: The sound notifications when you get a party invite or game invite used to be there until a few days ago. I get the notification but no sound. does anyone know a fix for this?...
  9. Xbox Series X-Notifications not making a sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X-Notifications not making a sound: Anyone else having issues with notifications not making a sound when popping up on screen? 8779168b-e998-46da-a508-fa09dda875c6
  10. Notification sounds (party chat/achievements) stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notification sounds (party chat/achievements) stopped working: Hello, Got the Series X on launch, apart from crashes with COD, have been happy with the console during this first period. However a small bug, my notification sounds stopped working. Can't hear...