XBOX Offline update and Reset both stuck at 86%

Discus and support XBOX Offline update and Reset both stuck at 86% in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday my xbox suddenly turned off while playing and i got the greeb screen of death. After following multiple tutorials i tried doing an offline... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nick1220, May 3, 2021 at 8:02 PM.

1. nick1220
    nick1220 Guest

Yesterday my xbox suddenly turned off while playing and i got the greeb screen of death.

After following multiple tutorials i tried doing an offline update, but everytime i try it it stops at 86% applying 66%.

I read that i should cancel the update and do a Factory Reset instead, wich i did.

Now both Factory reset options end up getting stuck at exactly 86% and 66% applying.

Im unsure what do to know and need help.

:)

2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @nick1220! I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

If your Xbox console doesn’t update successfully, you may encounter one of several results, including an error code or message, or a green or black screen. Your network card may need resetting, among other possible reasons.

Find out how to troubleshoot the problem and to update your console offline. We have tests you can run and steps you can take.

Select Learn more to go directly to the troubleshooter.

Learn more.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86%

Hi KevinCorbett3,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with your original Xbox One not completing the latest system update you received. So far, you've taken the correct steps in regard to troubleshooting the issue, but you don't seem to be getting the
    desired results.

Do you happen to have your console enrolled in the Preview Program to receive beta builds for the Xbox One? If so, then traditional troubleshooting will not work and if this is the case, I recommend that you

report this issue via the Insiders Hub app on a PC
    , as well as to the
    Xbox Insiders subreddit page
    so that they may further help you troubleshoot the matter.

Should your console not be part of the Preview Program, then this may indicate that your console would need a repair; however, Microsoft no longer offers repairs on the original Xbox One consoles sadly, so the console may need to be replaced.

I hope that this information helps out.
  4. networkadmin-E793F0D Win User

Xbox One froze whilst updating today

same here. Xbox was stuck a 66% for HOURS! i tried the hard reset and updating offline via USB and the Xbox is stuck again at 66% again updating with a USB stick!
  5. Windmills64 Win User

Xbox One stuck updating!

6. InfiniteCrowley Win User

Offline Update

I have a Xbox one S, I've tried everything first time I had it working i had my wierd connection in and it worked straight away. I pulled the usb out from doing a offline system update and I went to load a game in it crashed and switched off it went on the
    green loading screen for about 10 minutes before I turned it off again to do a factory reset to the system and do process all over again.

But that's when it got stuck on 86% & it was applying the update when I was doing a offline update and its stayed like that for 30 mins.
Thema:

1. XBOX Offline update and Reset both stuck at 86% - Similar Threads - Offline update Reset

2. How to continue to use my console offline when update is required after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to continue to use my console offline when update is required after factory reset?: I have a sort of unique problem going on here, so I will explain from the beginning: When my console needs an update, it's always a hassle to do so because of an issue of it shutting off during...
  3. Hey does that factory offline reset update with the osu1

in XboX Insiders
    Hey does that factory offline reset update with the osu1: Hey does that factory offline reset update with the osu1 submitted by /u/IamRenzo26 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox One X stuck on factory reset and offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X stuck on factory reset and offline system update: Hello Microsoft Community, yesterday when I was watching a movie on Netflix on my console, suddenly it glitched and then the screen froze. Since then I red a lot of articles about similar...
  5. Bricked Xbox One S - Fails to do Offline System Update and Full Factory Reset

in XboX Insiders
    Bricked Xbox One S - Fails to do Offline System Update and Full Factory Reset: My Xbox One S on startup gives me the E106 error, I tried doing the Offline System Update (OSU1), but then it would fail on Step 2 (verification) on 57%. Full factory reset also fails it doesn't...
  6. Xbox One S won't reset, or do offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won't reset, or do offline updates: For the past couple of weeks, my Xbox has been freezing and crashing all the time. I tried resetting but then it would get stuck at 50%. Now when I turn it on it gives a 'Something went wrong'...
  7. Bricked XBox One X - fails to offline update or factory reset

in XboX Insiders
    Bricked XBox One X - fails to offline update or factory reset: My kids XBox One X keeps failing to boot with E102 error, I have tried offline updates and get E101 and E100 errors. Factory reset also fails. The OS version they are on...
  8. Original Xbox One refusing to update. Factory reset and all attempts at an offline update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One refusing to update. Factory reset and all attempts at an offline update...: So for starters, I am following the advice here, https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution/offline-system-update My system OS is 10.0.17763.3066. The...
  9. No Video After Hard Reset From Offline System Update That Was Stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Video After Hard Reset From Offline System Update That Was Stuck: Hi. I was doing an offline system update after getting an E106 error. The system update got to step 2 of 3: Verifying (65%) and was stuck there overnight. I have powered off and powered on several...
  10. Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86%: I have an original Xbox One purchased in 2015. Yesterday on startup it was stuck on the Green Screen of Death. I researched online and found the Factory Reset option. Everything was going well...