Xbox on (fan running) but nothing on TV, shuts off after 30 seconds

Discus and support Xbox on (fan running) but nothing on TV, shuts off after 30 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have checked power cord, HDMI cord, input and output ports. Changed everything around with the same result. I have also done the power cycle (holding... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cherylshepp, Jun 28, 2019.

1. cherylshepp
    cherylshepp Guest

I have checked power cord, HDMI cord, input and output ports. Changed everything around with the same result. I have also done the power cycle (holding logo on console for 10 seconds), again same result.

:)

cherylshepp, Jun 28, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there cherylshepp,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for help with dealing with this situation.

I can see how having your console turn on just to not get a picture on your screen can be very concerning.

Seeing as you've undergone a bit of troubleshooting already, I would check out the reset of the steps outlined in Troubleshooting
    a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox One is on
    when you get the chance.

You can also see if you can even try bringing up the Start up troubleshooter, which is usually used to get around startup errors. People can usually bring that up by following these steps from the

Xbox One System Update Solution
    :

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 4 & 5) and then pressing the Xbox button
    5. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    If the startup troubleshooter comes up, I suggest trying to reset the Xbox keeping your games and apps. This will reset the console, removing any accounts(you can redownload them with your sign in info), but keeping your games installed.

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks!
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Do you mean the XBox or the TV shuts down?

Check with TV remote that you are using the correct SOURCE for the console input.
  5. waylonrobert Win User

My console won't turn off/power down

1. Using the power button yields the same result - it will shut off the controllers, shut off the output to the TV, turn the lights off on the power button, but then the fans never disengage and after 30 seconds it reboots.

2. Yes background downloads are enabled, but I have no active downloads, nor any pending downloads.
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

No Live TV on Xbox One

try power cycling the Xbox One. Hold the power button on the front of the console for 8 to 10 seconds until it shuts off hten unplug it for 30 seconds. after 30 seconds plug it back in and power back on and try live tv again. Hopefully the problem will be
    resolved.
Thema:

1. Xbox on (fan running) but nothing on TV, shuts off after 30 seconds - Similar Threads - fan running nothing

2. Xbox One X in instant on mode has fan running

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X in instant on mode has fan running: Hello, when my xbox one x is shutdown, using instant on mode, the fan stays running. Eventually it may turn off. The xbox is well ventilated, so I don’t think that’s the issue. I usually use...
  3. Xbox one x Fans running most of the time when running ww2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x Fans running most of the time when running ww2: hi, anyone else having problems of the cooling fans on the xbox one x running most of the time when playin cod ww2? d6237d6e-edeb-4bbc-83da-559d4cb10d41
  4. My xbox one s is running without a disc drive and stock fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s is running without a disc drive and stock fan: Yes I replaced my xbox one s stock fan with an aftermarket one everything is working but I’m having trouble updating the system to the latest update 7/5/2018 I did everything xbox one system...
  5. Is it normal for the Xbox One Scorpio Edition console's fan to run a lot of the time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for the Xbox One Scorpio Edition console's fan to run a lot of the time: The fan is running a lot of the time and louder than when we first used it last week. Just want reassurance that this is ok. 43760122-fcef-431e-a108-cc0ed1f1c232
  6. Xbox One fan runs at full speed from start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One fan runs at full speed from start: I have the original xbox one, and I've stopped playing for a year because I had a PC, but when I played my xbox back and download the update my xbox runs the fan in full speed and never stops...
  7. Xbox One fan running hours after powering it off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One fan running hours after powering it off: I have an Xbox One S and this problem has happened twice over the past few months. I’ll turn my Xbox off (standby mode) and hours later I’ll be sitting in my room and randomly the fan will turn on...
  8. Xbox one turns off when fan starts running

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns off when fan starts running: So I have gone through countless amounts of third-party power supply for my xbox one, I just recently purchased a brand new Microsoft verified power supply brick. but I still run into the same...
  9. XBox One Fan Running Fast and Loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Fan Running Fast and Loud: So my XBox one fan is running markedly fast and loud. I had been having issues with random freezes followed by a quick fan speed up that came and went, but still required a system restart due to...
  10. Xbox fan running, Nothing appears on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan running, Nothing appears on screen: my xbox 360 4gb doesn't show anything on my monitor when I power on the console the green light shows but after a few seconds it turns red. there's flashing along the ring only the one led...