Xbox one (1st Gen) Blu-ray FPS

Discus and support Xbox one (1st Gen) Blu-ray FPS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Buen dia, tengo una duda. Adquirí un Xbox one de primera generacion y al insertar discos Blu-ray los reproduce sólo a 23.98 FPS y parecen películas DVD... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SergsLinares, Feb 9, 2019.

1. SergsLinares
    SergsLinares Guest

Buen dia, tengo una duda. Adquirí un Xbox one de primera generacion y al insertar discos Blu-ray los reproduce sólo a 23.98 FPS y parecen películas DVD normales. ¿Por qué no las reproduce como los discos Blu-ray deben de verse? Creo que es a 60 FPS.

¿Hay alguna configuración o algo asi? Ya calibré mi tv y nada.

Translation:

Hi there, I have a doubt. I bought a first generation Xbox one and when inserting Blu-ray discs it reproduces them only at 23.98 FPS and they look like normal DVD movies. Why it doesnt play them like Blu-ray discs should be viewed? I think it's 60 FPS.

Is there a configuration or something? I calibrated my tv and nothing.

:)

SergsLinares, Feb 9, 2019
  2. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having issues with the framerate of the Blu-Ray movies you are trying to watch. Have you tried using a different HDMI Cable or try viewing the movies on a different
    TV and see if you notice a difference in quality. Give it a try and let us know with a reply how it goes!
  3. Tzar of kaos Win User

Important questions few have asked about XBOX ONE!

About the blu-ray,i didn't notice any visual improvement on videogames.Only on movies....And the next blu-ray,i'm not sure that will improve visuals on videogames or maybe in the next-next-gen consoles generation (around 2020).PS4 & Xbox one will support
    4K but not sure how many people will be able to buy a 4K TV in the next years...And i'm pretty sure that these next gen consoles will get the actual blu-ray...
  4. Moshy25 Win User

HD Movie Purchase Specs

No, Blu-ray and HD are not the same. Blu-ray is the media format. Not all content on Blu-ray is HD. Anyway, wondering more of the actual specs, like bit rate, fps, and streaming format for both audio and video.
  5. Ramin8or Win User

Xbox one s does not allow 60Hz in advanced video settings but my TV supports it

Yes by DVD app I mean the Blu-Ray app on the Xbox One S. I am watching several 4K Ultra HD HDR movies like Star Trek Beyond, Point Break, San Andreas, X-Men etc. They are all 4K Ultra HD HDR movies, but the Xbox Blu-Ray app is playing them at only 23.98
    FPS. I expect them to be played at 60 FPS. A non 4K regular Blu-Ray movie plays back on the DVD Blu-Ray app at 29.98 FPS. I consider this a deficiency in Xbox One S Blu-Ray player. It has nothing to do with my TV. My TV is capable of handling 60 FPS but the
    Xbox DVD Blu-Ray app is not playing it back fast enough.

I have two questions:

Could you tell me why I cannot check the 60Hz setting in advanced video settings even though my TV is capable of handling it?

Could you tell me why the Xbox One S Blu-Ray app is playing back 4k movies at 23.98 FPS instead of 29.98 or 60 FPS?

Thanks!

The FPS you're seeing is not the same as your TV's refresh rate. Frames per second is what the CPU and GPU within the console uses to produce the smooth collection of images. The refresh rate is how fast your display is able to redraw the screen. Some TV's
    have a setting that shows what the current refresh rate - is that something that yours has that you can check?

Also, just to clarify (and I realize this may be semantics territory but I want to be sure we're all on the same page) - when you say DVD app, you mean the Blu-Ray app on the Xbox One S, correct? And what movie are you attempting to watch?

As far as filing a bug or passing the information on to the appropriate teams, that's something we can do if we determine that there is a problem but at this point, we don't believe this to be a bug or console deficiency.

Keep us posted. :)
  6. wikkiwild Win User

Xbox 360 & Blu-ray

Microsoft has stated clearly when HD-DVD format died that they have no plans to support the Blu-Ray format on the Xbox 360.

Next gen console will most likely have a Blu-Ray drive.
Thema:

1. Xbox one (1st Gen) Blu-ray FPS - Similar Threads - 1st Gen Blu

2. Family member unable to access shared game without primary signing in 1st

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family member unable to access shared game without primary signing in 1st: I have 2 home consoles now. (bsmt & upstairs) Primary Gamertag's listed Home console is Bsmt. -Purchased Gold membership there as well. Family Gamertag's listed Home console is upstairs....
  3. Afterglow AG9 headset *Wireless* is treated by XBOX 1 *1st gen* via sounds to one speaker only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Afterglow AG9 headset *Wireless* is treated by XBOX 1 *1st gen* via sounds to one speaker only: Good day... I currently own a Wireless Headset---Afterglow AG9...purchased when it selling for under a hundred dollars, back then. Since that time, the performance was normal *both sides of the...
  4. Xbox 360 1st Gen Tray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 1st Gen Tray: Hi is anyone else having problems with their Xbox 360 1st Gen tray not closing all the. Because mine is not closing all the way and I can't play games or movies and its getting irritating. I don't...
  5. 1st gen zune sync problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    1st gen zune sync problems: I just bought one. My roommate has one and knows how to use it but he can't figure out what's wrong either. After setting everything up and deleting all the old stuff off of it I was trying to...
  6. Problem with 1st gen Xbox One and newer controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with 1st gen Xbox One and newer controllers: I have a 1st gen Xbox One console with Kinect. I recently purchase another controller, a Microsoft branded one. It is the newer model with the 3.5 m audio jack. The problem I'm having is that...
  7. Laggy Performance on Xbox One - 1st Gen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Laggy Performance on Xbox One - 1st Gen: I've been on the Xbox Ambassador Support for the past couple of days and noticed that there were alot of gamers who are now facing laggy games or slow loads over time. I've got an older Xbox One...
  8. Limited Gold faceplate from launch of xbox 360 1st gen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Limited Gold faceplate from launch of xbox 360 1st gen?: Hello, I have in my possession a gold (painted) first generation xbox 360 faceplate. Glued to it is a small solid gold plaque with the text "XBOX 360 LAUNCH LIMITED EDITION 16/100". I got it from...
  9. Need help with (2) 1st Gen Xbox 360s (1 of them a launch model!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with (2) 1st Gen Xbox 360s (1 of them a launch model!): Hi I have been working on this for a couple of days now, and have hit a LOT of dead ends, so I'm turning to the Xbox community. I spoke with Xbox Support (Live Chat) yesterday, and they told me...
  10. Xbox (1st Gen) backwards compatible on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox (1st Gen) backwards compatible on Xbox One: Please please please make this a reality. I would love to have all my Xbox game available to play on One console. There were some real gems that first gen I would love to play again. Rallisport...