Xbox One 500gb - constant large system updates.

Discus and support Xbox One 500gb - constant large system updates. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here but this is doing my head in! Had my xbox one for ages now. Basically since the first month of them... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JonnyLucas98, Sep 23, 2019.

1. JonnyLucas98
    JonnyLucas98 Guest

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here but this is doing my head in!

Had my xbox one for ages now. Basically since the first month of them coming out in the UK. It has been replaced once under warranty then it was repaired and had a disc drive replaced and a whole motherboard. Not sure if it will have any relevance to this
    but hey.

My main issue is that every time I turn it on it greets me with a 1gb - 3.2gb (which it has done two today!) system update, which takes half an hour at times. Depending on the size of it.

I am not part of the xbox insider programme, I checked today by downloading it and signing in, just to delete all of the data. Just to be safe.

I do have the instant updates turned on and the xbox is usually still turned on at the wall. So I'm guessing this is standby mode?

I have another problem that has just started happening recently too.

I have started playing the Borderlands 3 and it has worked perfectly for the week I've had it, up until today where it lags constantly. To the point it is unplayable. I've freed up loads of space on HDD (Over 100gb left), held the xbox button down till it
    resets itself and I don't know what else to try? This used to happen on Just Cause 3 quite recently too, but I could still play the game for most of the time. I don't understand this either because I am not playing a game that is online, so it has no servers
    to lag on? Could this be a hardware issue?

Can someone please try and help me here, I'm not even as much of a hard gamer as I used to be, but I still love playing games once in a while.

Cheers, Jonny.

:)

JonnyLucas98, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Even though you are not signed up to the Xbox Insider Preview Program, you can use the app to report these errors. That way the development team can investigate the issues.

You may want to try performing a factory reset. Open the guide, go to settings>system>console-info>reset console and select reset keeping all games and apps.
  3. matthewiag Win User

How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally?

It does not really matter you can fill it up but just ensure that you leave around 50GB to allow for some large updates.

The system has a lot of reserved space on the internal drive

500GB has around 120GB Reserved

1TB has around 220GB Reserved
  4. NonSportsGirl Win User

5 games took 250 gig of space is it normal?

A 500gb isn't going to be 500gb as the first thing, more like 465gb in actual usable space.

Then Elite hits it spot on, you are losing a large slice of that space to the operating system.

500gb doesn't go a long way in this day and age.

I would seriously suggest investing in a USB 3 external hard drive for your console if you aren't the sort to be deleting all the time.
  5. KarmicNova1987 Win User

Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support

I don't believe THEY are part of the insider program. That's where you get updates ahead of time, correct? If that's correct, they are absolutely not part of the insider program.

I have three systems, all of which behave the same way.

One is a gen 1 500gb black thick model.

One is a 500gb xbox one s.

One is a 1tb xbox one s.

All three are up to date.
  6. II Ronja II Win User

Constant System Updates

It's been crazy lately seriously, I'm in the preview program so I understand that there 's going to be more updates then usual, but 500mb *every* day?! What is going on.... and there's no way to turn them of or at least delay them, so I've been thrown out
    in the middle of a game several times this week cos it suddenly *had* to update right there and then, it's getting seriously annoying now -_-
Thema:

1. Xbox One 500gb - constant large system updates. - Similar Threads - 500gb constant large

2. xbox one s 500gb broke system crashed lost receipt purchased in august 2018 need a receipt...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s 500gb broke system crashed lost receipt purchased in august 2018 need a receipt...: Last year my son purchased xbox one s 500 gb as a August 2018 birthday gift. The xbox stopped working. I contacted the repair/warranty center. They requested proof via receipt, son paid cash and...
  3. FIXED: 1 TB is less than 500GB?:FIXED

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIXED: 1 TB is less than 500GB?:FIXED: For some reason, when I downloaded 40 games on the Xbox One S and had 500GB, it worked! But when I try to download 40 games on the xbox One X with 1TB, it doesn’t work. Keep in mind that I am...
  4. Comcast: My 'Xbox One S 500Gb White' internet issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: My 'Xbox One S 500Gb White' internet issue: Comcast (ISPs): My 'Xbox One S 500Gb White' internet issue Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/random-disconnect-solution...
  5. Xbox one s 500gb general wifi issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one s 500gb general wifi issue: Hello, I've issues on my xbox one s. The wifi seems not working anymore. The console is online only when the lan cable is attached, but if I turn the wifi on, it does not find any of the...
  6. Xbox One 500GB Trade In Value

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox One 500GB Trade In Value: I'd like to purchase the Xbox One S that is on sale right now, because I've gotten a new 4K / HDR TV. I'd like to trade in my Xbox One 500GB system to upgrade, but I was wondering as to how much...
  7. My Xbox One S 500GB have symptoms of graphics card failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S 500GB have symptoms of graphics card failure: Glitches in every game. And I don't know how I call Support from my contry (Brazil) 38712d1e-f53b-496c-9dac-d38aa995b37e
  8. Xbox one S 500gb discontinued?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S 500gb discontinued?: [img] Serious question. What the heck is up with this??? They discontinued the sale of Xbox one S 500gb system and there is NO mention as to why. It can only be bought in bundles which apparently...
  9. Noice coming from the WD blue 500GB hard drive (stock) and Xbox One won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Noice coming from the WD blue 500GB hard drive (stock) and Xbox One won’t work: I had this problem a while ago and kind of gave up on Microsoft, but i still like them. I took apart the Xbox One and figured that the sound was coming from the hard drive. Just wanted to know if...
  10. Unable to format Seagate 500gb hard drive on my Xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to format Seagate 500gb hard drive on my Xbox one.: Recently I plugged a Seagate 500gb Expansion hard drive into my Xbox one, but couldn't as the device wouldn't show up in my storage and I looked on the troubleshooting website for Microsoft...