Xbox one account v's xbox 360 account

Discus and support Xbox one account v's xbox 360 account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox one - we had a family play for myself my wife and my son to save money. Now the accounts are individual. On the Xbox one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheBrit, Feb 21, 2014.

1. TheBrit
    TheBrit Guest

I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox one - we had a family play for myself my wife and my son to save money. Now the accounts are individual. On the Xbox one we have downloaded our profiles.

In June our three gamertag accounts expire and I will renew my account on the Xbox one so we can all still play multi-plyer with our individual friends etc.

Even though the accounts for my son and wife are on the Xbox one, active and allowed to access all of the gold features because my account is renewed on there, I am assuming that when they go to sign into the regular Xbox 360 their accounts will be classed
    as silver accounts and they will not be able to play our collection of Xbox 360 games online unless we buy 2 new 12-month subscriptions for them (which in a way makes the ability to play under my account on the Xbox one worthless if we are having to spend
    all that money on 2 more Xbox 360 accounts)

Is this how it works?

:)

TheBrit, Feb 21, 2014
  2. rickyjohn
    rickyjohn Guest
    First time use/setup

Hi. I've bought a day one edition for my boys a surprise for Xmas but not had a chance to test it yet. Because one of my lads already has a 360 in his room with his own gold account, I am going to set up the xbox One with his as the primary account fir the gold access as that way we can use the same gold account on his 360 and the shared Xbox one.

However, if I set the Xbox one up late one night presumably I will have to add the primary/gold account that it will use (I.e my son's) as part of the initial set up . Then I'll try it with one of the games. So by doing this, when he next uses his 360 will he see that his account had been used on an Xbox one? Obviously I don't want him to suspect there is an Xbox one in the house!!!

Cheers!

rickyjohn, Feb 21, 2014
  3. EDDS
    EDDS Guest
    360 and One on same gold account

If I sign in to Xbox Live on my Xbox One, will I also be able to sign in on the same account on my 360 at the same time? Say someone is using the Xbox One in the living room and I'm playing my 360 in my bedroom. Will I be able to use the same account?

WHITTEN: Yes this works! You'll be able to be signed on with the same gamertag on both an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One console at the same time. However, like today, you can only be signed into one Xbox 360 and one Xbox One at a time

Ask Microsoft Anything About Xbox One - IGN

4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Yes. Gold sharing is only available on the One. One the 360 each account would need it's own gold subscription if they want to play online.

Smwutches, Feb 21, 2014
  5. DavidRSS2010 Win User

Transfer of linked accounts in the Social Club

Ok. My console is Xbox One. That's the problem. I registered the account for Red Dead Redemption. Then I installed GTA V. My old PSN GTA V account still exists and a new Xbox Live account has been created. Both are linked in only one Social Club account.
    On PS3 still access the old account, but wanted to do this on Xbox One.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Yes. Gold sharing is only available on the One. One the 360 each account would need it's own gold subscription if they want to play online.
  7. WPAK Win User

Xbox 360 to Xbox One

Hi there,

I'm afraid that it sounds like you currently have two accounts, one offline on the xbox 360 and one Xbox Live account on the Xbox One.

There is an option to promote your offline xbox 360 account to an Xbox Live Account, but this will require a new Microsoft Account (email address), but the next issue would be that it is Not possible to merge multiple accounts into one Xbox Live Account.

So basically there are two options, continue with the current Xbox Live Account that you have on the Xbox One, or to promote the 360 account to an Xbox Live Account and download that to the Xbox One and continue with that one.
  8. GBancroft Win User

GTA Online, your profile does not have permission to Access Gta online

Does this mean that even though I had a GTA V profile on my XBox 360 (non-Gold XBL account), I can't migrate my profile to my XBox One without going to XBL Gold??
  9. maxen Win User

Changed gamertag

You may need to start up GTA V on your Xbox 360 using your now-renamed account. I can imagine that Rockstar's servers have online records for your old account name, and now you're logging in with a new account name for which they do not have records, but
    if you log in on Xbox 360 that should force the change through, so that when you sign in on Xbox One you can transfer progress.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox one account v's xbox 360 account - Similar Threads - account v's 360

2. Connected GTA V Shark Card to wrong Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connected GTA V Shark Card to wrong Account: So recently I had just purchased a shark card from Amazon but Amazon connected it and redeemed it on an account not connected to my xbox profile. Is there any way that I can get the shark card to...
  3. Conta invalida Battlefield V[Translation-Invalid Battlefield V account]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Conta invalida Battlefield V[Translation-Invalid Battlefield V account]: Ola, Consigo acessar todos os meus jogos no online, perfeitamente menos o battlefield v online, sempre quando tento entrar no online, aparece a notificação que minha conta EA esta invalida, ja...
  4. GTA V freezing on 1 particular account

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA V freezing on 1 particular account: I've downloaded GTA V again on my XB1 and decided to restart the story. I tried to start a new game but this wasn't working so I deleted the save game data in my games files and add ons. The...
  5. Transfer of Fortnite V-Bucks Purchased through Microsoft to My Kids Epic Accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of Fortnite V-Bucks Purchased through Microsoft to My Kids Epic Accounts: Good Afternoon, I recently purchased V-Bucks for my three kids. I'm trying to transfer these v-bucks to their epic games accounts. is this possible? Thank you in advance Rick...
  6. How do I get my V-Bucks to show up on my fortnite account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my V-Bucks to show up on my fortnite account?: I redeemed a V-bucks card from Walmart on Epic's website. I took me to a Microsoft account and now it's in my wallet but won't show up in the game. Plz help, it's been over 24 hours....
  7. GTA V won’t work on my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V won’t work on my account: Hello I’ve bought GTA V twice at this point but the game has and still won’t work i just stay on the loading screen where it shows you to switch between story mode and online mode for hours...
  8. Bought V bucks from Microsoft store - none credited to my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought V bucks from Microsoft store - none credited to my account: Hi, bought 2,500 + 300 fortnite bonus v bucks from microsoft store 6 days ago, but they havent appeared in my fortnite account. How do I get this issue resolved? e19e2bf5-765e-4c6f-9b63-d98179b79fcc
  9. Battlefield V Trial ruined my account i can't play the game anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield V Trial ruined my account i can't play the game anymore: Since one week i can't play Battlefield V, the game want me to buy it. I have it on bluray since one year. What can i do? i red on forums that some people asked you to delete the Trial version...
  10. Moving V-Bucks and Challenge Packs to another account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Moving V-Bucks and Challenge Packs to another account: Since getting our Xbox my son has been using my MS account to play games; mostly fortnight. We've made quite a few purchases of Fortnight V-Bucks and a Battle Royale Inferno's challenge pack....