Xbox One - all profiles deleted and can't remember Guest passcode. How to recover?

Discus and support Xbox One - all profiles deleted and can't remember Guest passcode. How to recover? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all... so, my kid got pissed because he didn't like the limits we had previously agreed to (I know, right??) for his Xbox One time limits, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GraveKiller73, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Xbox One - all profiles deleted and can't remember Guest passcode. How to recover?

Hey all... so, my kid got pissed because he didn't like the limits we had previously agreed to (I know, right??) for his Xbox One time limits, and while I was away on a business trip, he deleted ALL the accounts from the Xbox console (yes, including my Parent
    account).

No big deal... I could download them again right? Except I had also installed a Guest Passcode when we first set it up. Unfortunately I have no idea anymore what that code is... so, without that I can't even get started.

Is there any way to recover/bypass that Guest passcode, so I can get in and re-download our profiles? I've verified that all our profiles still exist as expected on Xbox.com... I just have no idea how to get past that lost Guest passcode to download them.

I assume that Guess passcode is stored *only* on the local console, which means I can't change it via my profile online, right? And I'd really rather not have to 'factory reset' the Xbox console if I can help it.

Thanks!

Wade

:)

GraveKiller73, Nov 26, 2018
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    protecting purchases with a password?

Easy put a passcode on your profile and make a guest profile or a child controled account for your children

ngocphi, Nov 26, 2018
  3. GINGA COOKAY
    GINGA COOKAY Guest
    I can't remember the answer to my pascode question

so I can't remember the answer to my passcode question to reset my passcode on the parental controls under the family settings...all I wanted was to reset my passcode so I could turn the timer on so my Xbox and tv would shut off at the same time...does anyone
    know how to reset the passcode question?

GINGA COOKAY, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest

Xbox One - all profiles deleted and can't remember Guest passcode. How to recover?

Echo4Ent, Nov 26, 2018
  5. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest
    Hey there Grave,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem. You should be able to reset the Guest Key, When it's asking for the Guest Key go ahead and enter it wrong 3 times. After this it should ask you for your password.

Give it a try and let us know if this works.

XBF Erick C, Nov 26, 2018
  6. Thanks Erick, but I've tried this many times... all it does is go back to the main menu after the 3rd failed attempt. Remember, there are ZERO user profiles on this console at this point... so exactly which password would you expect it to ask me for?
    I assume whatever password it would ask for, would be tied to a profile, right?

7. Puppy Fujo
    Puppy Fujo Guest
    Puppy Fujo, Nov 26, 2018
  8. Xbox One - all profiles deleted and can't remember Guest passcode. How to recover?

Thanks Puppy... but I can access the Settings on my Xbox just fine. So... if I have to reset to factory settings, I guess I can just do that.

To be clear (and to help clarify for Erick as well), when I start up the Xbox One console, then press the big X button to sign in, the *only* option I have under the Sign In menu is
    + Add New. When I click it, it asks me for the Guest key... which I don't know. If I enter the wrong key 3 times, it simply takes me back to that Sign In menu where my only option is (again)
    + Add New.

Given that... I assume the only way around this is the Reset Console (under the Settings hub)?

9. Puppy Fujo
    Puppy Fujo Guest
    I believe when you try restoring to factory through settings you will find that you won't be able to do so. But yeah, you will need to choose a complete factory reset. Do NOT keep apps and settings.

Puppy Fujo, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox One - all profiles deleted and can't remember Guest passcode. How to recover? - Similar Threads - profiles deleted can't

2. Profile activity feed deleted itself. Can it be fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile activity feed deleted itself. Can it be fixed?: I did some tinkering with my profile recently and blocked followers/strangers to remove them and deleted posts of those I added. I also deleted some game clips and screenshots as well as posts of...
  3. Perfil do xbox 360 excluido [Mod Translation-Xbox 360 profile deleted]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perfil do xbox 360 excluido [Mod Translation-Xbox 360 profile deleted]: Boa noite, Exclui um perfil , mas esqueci que todos os níveis dos jogos estavam salvos nesse perfil, fui para baixa-lo novamente , mas não sei o e-mail muito menos a senha, essa conta foi criada...
  4. Accidentally deleted Xbox one profile, how to get it back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally deleted Xbox one profile, how to get it back: I bought a used xbox one console off a site. The xbox was 500 gb, and it had a bunch of extra stiff on it. Im pretty sure it had xbox gold, because it had gta v downloaded and let me play it...
  5. Xbox360/One Profile :- Delete Achievement/Gold Value Feature

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox360/One Profile :- Delete Achievement/Gold Value Feature: Hi All Out There !!! I'm a last generation user Xbox 360 and haven't embraced the Xbox One or its siblings as of yet (I have watched games being played etc). Anyhow before I eventually do make...
  6. Xbox360/One Profile :- Delete Achievement/Gold Value Feature

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox360/One Profile :- Delete Achievement/Gold Value Feature: Hi All Out There !!! I'm a last generation user Xbox 360 and haven't embraced the Xbox One or its siblings as of yet (I have watched games being played etc). Anyhow before I eventually do make...
  7. BUG - Xbox Accessories Windows App - Deleted "Config 1" -> Default Profile -> Uneditable/Can't ...

in XBoX on Windows
    BUG - Xbox Accessories Windows App - Deleted "Config 1" -> Default Profile -> Uneditable/Can't ...: Hi, I just bought the Elite Xbox One Controller and am using it on PC, I downloaded the Xbox Accessories App to edit profiles/configs but I have the following critical bug: - First I wanted to...
  8. Can't Deleted Corrupted Xbox 360 Profile, Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Deleted Corrupted Xbox 360 Profile, Help?: I just bought a new hard drive and can't download my Microsoft profile because there is a corrupted profile on the hard drive. Every time I try to delete it, it says 'cannot perform action.' I've...
  9. Profile Accidentally deleted and can't access game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile Accidentally deleted and can't access game data: I deleted my profile on accident and now i can't access my data and I was wondering if i have to start over because i can't access my game files. 29add037-69b7-46b9-82f8-c2a08d9e159f
  10. My son deleted his profile only and can't figure out what email address its under

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son deleted his profile only and can't figure out what email address its under: So my son deleted his profile and can't figure out the email address that is associated with his account. I looked on Microsoft and Xbox (websites) and their suggestion aren't helping because he...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally deleted xbox one profiles guest key locked